House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

The Euros 2016

I forgot that it starts next week....So, who's going to win it? Probably the Spanish...The Germans haven't been convincing recently..

Us? Na. Ropey back four with Jordan ruddy Henderson in front of it...not a chance...

Are you doing that £50 million thing the brexit people have set up?

I went with France, but I have little football knowledge.

I was trying to avoid referendum speak!

Just looking at Bill Hill's odds...

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/3171064/Euro-2016.html

Belgium are 11/1 and Italy are at 18s...No surprise that that France are 3/1, but not a chance of they stick Giroud up front.. :)

I think Belgium are consistently over rated and have been for years. And I have said this for years !!

Some very good players - but as a team ? Very average indeed.

Italy are way more likely to win it than Belgium.

I think England will be in the Dark Horse group, with Belgium, Croatia and Portugal.

Favourites have to be Germany, Italy, France and Spain. Any team can have an off day, so hard to choose who will come out on top.

Too many errors in them at the back.

Cahill, Stones, Walkies walker, Hart....need we say more?

How John Stones is "worth" £45m, is beyond me...

England will be out of the Euros before UK will be out of the EU.

A bit more upbeat than that, finally a couple of strikers with speed and actually know where the net is....Kane/ Vardy. the last time we had a potent strike force was Shearer/ Owen and we did well.

Please God don't play Sturridge....for England a cluelees chump that doesn't know where the bloody net is and never will be a world class striker.

Jeeze Sturridge's goal scoring record even worse than I feared 5 out of 18 including the likes of San Marino and my Granny and the wheel chair eleven. Who keeps putting this chumpo in the squad.

Now i have done it, he will win the golden boot.

Too many errors in them at the back.

Cahill, Stones, Walkies walker, Hart....need we say more?

Hart's world class IMHO but the back four is the weak link. We should be superb going forwards against the weak sides (Wales...) but come up against a decent team and we'll leak goals.

The top two from each group, plus two thirds of the 3rd placed teams go through, so I'm sure England will make it through to the last 16. I can't see us getting further than that, without something truly bizarre happening in the other groups.

Spain imo are a spent force.

Agree with CCC on Belguim, the curse of the golden generation moniker.

Given the sheer amount of teams, predicting a winner is difficult. I'll reluctantly go with France.

England's chances died when Welbeck got injured. Such an important player. Looks like Woy is intent on playing a diamond which seldom works. Picked the wrong players (Wiltshire, Henderson, Sturidge, three centre backs five strikers..).

Knock out stages at best.

Our hopes of glory rested upon WELBECK????

I've sodding heard it all now.

Your hopes rely on your boss having the balls to leave Rooney on the bench and play the obvious 2 up front.

IMO. And that's worth ****** all to be honest.

Your hopes rely on your boss having the balls to leave Rooney on the bench and play the obvious 2 up front.

IMO. And that's worth ****** all to be honest.

That's quite right.

I would still have taken Rooney as an impact player but Kane / Vardy / Alli are the three you build the attack around.

Germany to win ...Rashford will be the surprise player for England IF he has any game time

I always say Germany to win, because then I'm never far wrong.

Our hopes of glory rested upon WELBECK????

I've sodding heard it all now.

Ever wondered how we won more games, play better, and score more goals when he's in the side?!

Technically one of our best players and offers lots of tactical flexibility. But if you can't see past the boo boys.

Rooney on the other hand..

Ever wondered how we won more games, play better, and score more goals when he's in the side?!

Technically one of our best players and offers lots of tactical flexibility. But if you can't see past the boo boys.

Rooney on the other hand..

I've been watching Welbeck since he was a united youngster and he's what I would class as 'gash'. At the top level you can't afford a forward that never scores. Kane and Vardy starting with Rooney slotting in behind will be the forward line. On form that's not a bad line-up at all.

I was watching the Euro '96 documentary the other night, it's hard to believe that the side we had then wasn't particularly highly regarded, when we had Shearer and Sheringham up front, Platt, Gazza, Ince and Anderton in midfield and Neville, Southgate, Adams and Pearce in defence. If we were taking that team this year we'd be up amongst the favourites.

I always say Germany to win, because then I'm never far wrong.

Heh. Maybe the best each-way option, if the bookies don't make the odds too restrictive.

I get the feeling Roy has decided to play attacking sides. He knows our team will not be 100% watertight defensively, so we will seek to score more goals than we concede. At least it means our games will be entertaining.