House Price Crash Forum

Valentines Day Ideas

wherebee

HOLA441

So -

for those of us who have managed to find a NON deluded scrapper bird, and have a relationship they want to keep going, the annual challenge of Valentines day is coming up. I have the added challenge of being overseas on the day (with her) so have to get something small and transportable. I thought consulting the hivemind of HPC, whilst not sensible, would be interesting.

Any ideas? No dildo pictures please. We have enough already.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I haven't found a bird at all recently! I have just ordered a skip for the deluge of unwanted cards from anonymous women (maybe) whio admire my buttocks from afar!

HOLA446
HOLA447

IMO....valentines day is a load of hype......everyday is valentines day......no card, no flowers no eating out, any time around that time thank you....... got the rest of the year to endulge. ;)

Are you admiring my buttocks from afar?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Tesco Value Valentine card.

I had to print one for Mrs JTB a few years ago. She loved it. I think they actually sell them now!

This Valentine's Day, I will cook a curry. And serve it with pink champagne. She'll love that as well.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

No. Anything would do, a brood box, a few supers. A new floor or two. A few frames. Actually I've had a full years worth of pressies arrived a few weeks ago so I am good for valentines day :)

Are you contemplating my buttocks? Many women do! :blink:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

You are kidding aren't you? Valentine's is for unrequited love. Is that what you have?

If you are in a relationship, stand firm, this day is not for you.

I would like to stand firm, yes. I find a thoughtful gesture on Valentines Day helps me achieve that happy occasion....

HOLA4418

I'm female and wouldn't spend anything other than I would normally spend on valentines day. I have no yearning or expectation that any male should acknowledge it either.

Valentines day is just another money spinner that has successfully embed itself as a ritual/cultural tradition that requires attention and money to be spent.

It's just another day!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

HAM is right - VD (chuckle) is supposed to be about unrequited love and not for lovers.

I have told this story on here before.

Have an ex - thankfully now another man's problem - for whom I bought chocolates on VD. I had a complaint of why I had not bought roses. Next year I bought a dozen red roses - complaint then about where the chocolates were. Following year I bought a dozen red roses for about a week. Five days I think. She loved it.

The week went and came and new roses kept appearing. She was telling her friends that I was continuing to buy roses for her and, of course, then she got angry when the cost of her own rose purchases hit her and, of course, I got the flak.

EVERY SINGLE VD morning since I have woken up and, first thing, have breathed a sigh of relief that I am not with her anymore.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived