House Price Crash Forum

Here In The Uk We Are Yet To Get The Big Short

HOLA441

Many of us here on hpc are wondering how the HELL the UK "pwoperty market" has managed to stay upright..... In other parts of the world - e.g. USA, Spain, Ireland - they had their crash - and also today their prices are not anything like as insane as they are here in the UK.

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I think we can all agree, there are a number of factors here in the UK that have made this country such a massive rip-off crap-hole for those wishing to put a roof over their heads.

Which takes us back to that intriguing QUESTION: How come here in the UK the Bubble hasn't popped?

Well: Here are some answers. Here are some of the reasons the whole SCAM has been kept alive:

1. Artificially surpressed interest rates.

2. Money-printing/"Quantitive Easing" and all that crap.

3. Osborne Ostwat's "Help to Buy" and "Funding for lending" and all that crap.

4. Unsustainable immigration

5. Total lack of house-building --- and particularly - when they do build -- it's such utter SH1T.

Any other suggestions?

I list mine in no particular order:

1. TOP OF THE LIST -- Bent Lenders who deliberately lent massive multiples of "money" to suckers - who vastly, grossly, and - not least - fraudulently inflated the "market" with that fraudulently lent "money". i.e. LIAR LOANS/MORTAGE FRAUD. [For me, this is the BIG ONE -- THIS is the PRINCIPLE cause and force for the phantasmagoric and INSANE price of housing in the UK....]. How? Because as soon as one or two people went out into each street, village, town, city with a LIAR LOAN - and used it to buy local property - almost overnight - THANKS TO THE FACT THAT LOCAL SOLD "PRICES" ARE USED TO SET THE PRICE OF LOCAL PROPERTY COMING ON THE "MARKET" "FOR SALE" IN ANY GIVEN AREA - AND ONCE IT STARTED, IT MUSHROOMED LIKE A CANCER AND SPREAD EVERYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE UK EXTREMELY QUICKLY - IN A MATTER OF A FEW YEARS C.2002 ONWARDS - PRICES WENT UP HUGELY AS MORE AND MORE LIAR LOANS WERE USED TO BUY PROPERTY ACROSS THE UK --- INFLATING "PRICES" MASSIVELY I.E. IT DID NOT "ONLY HAPPEN IN AMERICA" [LIKE THAT TW@T G BROON SAID].... IT HAPPENED HERE IN A HUGE, HUGE WAY.

For me -- LIAR LOANS are the key.

2. Lack of house building. [i was going to put "lack of space" - but of course we all know - or SHOULD know - housing, factories and shops and roads ACTUALLY cover a mere 5-6% of our land...].

3. Immigration putting huge pressure on available housing stock. [Although there are PLENTY of properties to live in for sale - only - the price goes from the stupid to the absolutely insane].

NOW:

I have been avidly reading and watching all the reviews of the film "The Big Short" - AND --- if you do the same -=-- and see the film when it comes out in a couple of weeks or so, it will be absolutely dynamite and eye candy for serial and old-time hpcer's.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/the-big-short/review/

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-big-short-film-ryan-gosling-brad-pitt-christian-bale-and-steve-carell-feature-in-first-poster-a6733136.html

http://www.finalreel.co.uk/the-big-short-uk-release-date/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/23/upshot/what-the-big-short-gets-right-and-wrong-about-the-housing-bubble.html?_r=1

WATCH THE VIDEOS =-=== Search "THE BIG SHORT" in google - and take a long hard look..... It is dynamite -- AND - UNDERSTAND that here in the UK the BUBBLE has been ARTIFICIALLY kept inflated by the Vested Interests -- What is going to happen when it finally bursts? - it is TERRIFYING.....

I urge and implore you to look at all reviews and videos about The Big Short [film] --- and ponder on this frightening question: How bad is it going to be when -- FINALLY -- FINALLY - the MASSIVE UK property bubble bursts --- as it should have done when the bubbles in the USA, Spain & Ireland burst?

------------------

Oh!! And EDIT!!!

SEE MY SIGNATURE BELOW: WHEN I SAW THAT BBC MONEY PROGRAMME ABOUT MORTGAGE FRAUD/LIAR LOANS ALL THOSE YEARS AGO IN 2003!!!! --- I KNEW THEN THAT THIS WAS A MONSTER..... I REALISED THIS BEFORE THOSE GEEKS DID IN 2005 IN THIS FILM!!

TROUBLE IS --- I WASN'T A GEEK IN THE USA / WALL STREET WHO BET ON IT..... AND HERE IN THE UK THE GOVT AND BANK OF ENGLAND HAVE PROPPED THE WHOLE STINKING SHIP UP..... THIS ALONE IS A MASSIVE, MASSIVE SCANDAL OF HUGE PROPORTIONS....

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Well yes.

Edited to add:

Getting angry doesn't help, I can see why people would be exasperated,

The government became obsessed with saving the financial industry and trying to cut the deficit.

They have ignored basic needs, housing is one level up from food in terms of human needs, ignore this for too long and you will get a lot of trouble.

Edited by frederico

HOLA445
HOLA446

It's your 2 and 3. I'd add general expectation too - the general population still believe prices will go up forever.

Well I dunno............. What is really interesting about that film The Big Short is that it EMPHASIZES how massive FRAUD & DISHONESTY brought the whole thing thundering down......

Yes - I know --- it is simply ASTONISHING that - here in the UK --- so many people are UNAWARE of how HUGE the level of fraud is...... It is just INCREDIBLE how it has been allowed to thrive for so many years.... :rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA447

6. People don't know anything else.

People in this country have nothing else but the ponzi scheme. Its just like any other sh*t ponzi scheme full of deeply committed believers looking at those who have gone before and dreaming of their own glory. People in this country don't know much else.

Edited by Sawitcoming

HOLA448
HOLA449

It`s a confidence game , if lenders are willing to lend, whether it's government backed subprime or otherwise and people are willing to borrow and are able to afford the mortgage payments it will carry on until it can`t

Confidence is the key IMO the introduction of HTB is as much proof anyone needs, the take up is low but the direction the market went from the announcement is plain to see but it`s beginning to look like it`s working like QE ,each tranche produces less bang for the buck ,where do we go from here who knows ..but it`s definitely got that 2008 and feeling about it

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Well I dunno............. What is really interesting about that film The Big Short is that it EMPHASIZES how massive FRAUD & DISHONESTY brought the whole thing thundering down......

Yes - I know --- it is simply ASTONISHING that - here in the UK --- so many people are UNAWARE of how HUGE the level of fraud is...... It is just INCREDIBLE how it has been allowed to thrive for so many years.... :rolleyes:

For me it's just a bit of logic that's missing. Are house prices going to do THAT and wages going to do THIS. ...er forever ?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Hahaha. No bubble eh.

When my friend tells me they are waiting to hear if their housing chain will complete. The missing link is an eastern European buying via a Swiss based account and in cash.

A year since the whole chain was linked and each time it collapsed due to the bottom rung not being able to pony up half a million smakeroonies.

Now this money launderer looks like he's the real deal. Without this everybody in the chain lowers by 20% at least.

And the launderer plans to rent it out to another eastern European client. Allegedly. And neither he nor the client have ever visited the house.

Yep. No bubble. Normality.

HOLA4416

Hahaha. No bubble eh.

When my friend tells me they are waiting to hear if their housing chain will complete. The missing link is an eastern European buying via a Swiss based account and in cash.

A year since the whole chain was linked and each time it collapsed due to the bottom rung not being able to pony up half a million smakeroonies.

Now this money launderer looks like he's the real deal. Without this everybody in the chain lowers by 20% at least.

And the launderer plans to rent it out to another eastern European client. Allegedly. And neither he nor the client have ever visited the house.

Yep. No bubble. Normality.

Correct.

Price is simply responding to lack of supply not over suppy. hence no bubble and no crash as in US, Ireland, Spain etc.

Its really not difficult to grasp.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Correct.

Price is simply responding to lack of supply not over suppy. hence no bubble and no crash as in US, Ireland, Spain etc.

There is no limit (currently) of speculators hence the ''lack' of supply. It doesn't really matter how much we build - as with Spain Ireland etc.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Correct.

Please relegate this man to the troll forum.

High house prices are a function of loose credit. They are only being prevented from falling because of the many props implemented by this government and the last.

Edited by Eddie_George

HOLA4422

High house prices are a function of loose credit LIAR LOANS. They are only being prevented from falling because of the many props implemented by this government and the last.

Corrected. <_<

or - TO BE MORE EXACT - ----

LIAR LOANS

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA4423

High house prices are a function of loose credit. They are only being prevented from falling because of the many props implemented by this government and the last.

Im sorry but you are wrong. Im not going to agree with you when its patently not the case.

It means the wrong conclusions are drawn and the wrong decisions are made, not least by people who either want a home to live in or a home to rent.

If speaking the truth on here is "trolling" then Im afraid you are not only way off the mark but also completely missing the point about the UK housing market.