House Price Crash Forum

It Looks Like A Proper Crazy Asking Price Bubble Outside London Now...

HOLA441

Just depressing, I don't really keep any detailed watch or focus on any particular area but asking prices all over (my experience) just seem to be going crazy. I have no idea if they are actually selling for that or being reduced etc., just that I can't afford any of it.

sales volumes are collapsing.

no one is buying unless they are selling for crazy money.

it's 2007 all over again.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Please read my original post. I am fairly sure these SSTCs will not go through.

I suggest you learn. To read. Instead of forming incorrect assumptions about people based on your own prejudices.

come back in 20000 posts

I suggest you see the bigger picture and think about that you say.

I've left the UK because it's so awful, posts like yours remind me why.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA448

count - I have the impression the last few threads you're a bit troll obsessed ? Not sure you can accuse someone of being a troll for mentioning that their area isn't dropping massively. Fact remains most aren't in the SE - although the tide does seem to be turning. 2 agents on the phone today trying to convince me to do viewings this saturday (CM23). No interest - 30 minutes later asking price reduced on one of the ones they tried to pitch.

In my view in CM23 where I am looking too the market went from red hot to cold in the last 4-6 weeks. Nothing is selling in my price bracket at all and several reductions coming through. Completely stagnant market

Edited by thejaksie

HOLA449

In Maidstone it is a dearth of for sale signs, and ea's with empty windows. This tallies with RICS reports. I can't say I am surprised with lack of new supply no build, proposed inheritance tax changes, and BTL. What demand there is piles in to the reduced supply. The logical extension is the redundancy of ea's as properties will be inherited with the others renting. Right to buy helps this along too transferring social housing to private.

Sorry rant over!

HOLA4410

I did some viewing a few weeks ago an the agent I spoke to was very honest.

It was along the lines of some agents were over valuing properties by up to 200K just to get stuff on their books. Basically no one is selling now so instructions are like gold dust.

He said the agents couldnt believe their luck and houses had been going like hot cakes. He said it wasn't sustainable and prices were going to collapse. he even did a swoop action with his hand :lol:

We both agreed this was the wrong time to buy and there was a lot of money to be lost.

None of his statements were from prompting neither.

It was then my wife and I decided the best course of action was to get the hell out of dodge.

I remember reading in 2005 someone wrote almost an identical piece that you just did...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I remember reading in 2005 someone wrote almost an identical piece that you just did...

Welcome back, if you are here for the right reasons. (Ie not if you bought a house at mad price, and awaking a sleeper account to defend your HPI)... ie..same in 2005, means bailouts again from 2015.

Sadly we had to live through a breakdown excuses/victim years, and now older owners snubbing downsizing in homes bought for £10K-£30K in 70s... and even those finding excuses for portfolio landlords drowning in debt.

If we could earn more money at a click of a finger we would do.

In regards to spending, we dont drink, nor go out to clubs and pubs etc.

We live a pretty simple life, and we have a 3 year old.

Are you implying its our fault we cant afford a 160k flat because we spend too much ? or are you suggesting our lazyness in not getting better jobs?

im a little puzzled smile.gif

Thats the whole point, we earn around the ?average wage?, but we are not able to buy a below average property in balance with our wage. So something must be wrong no?

No, im saying "we" on an average joint wage, cant afford even a below average home.

Unless we went to a cowboy lender willing to give us 5 or 6x our wage

What have you got to lose by renting for another 6-12 months and saving the difference ?

Simple logic, you sound like my girlfriend and overcomplicate things.

You know something bad might happen so just wait and see first ?

HOLA4413

I'm confused, the thread is supposed to be about asking prices, according to its title.

Maybe you can start a human rights action for compo.

HOLA4414

Since people can now see what the last house/flat in the street/block sold for, vendors have decided to value what they have for sale themselves against what they want to buy and what the last one went for.....the sum they actually get is determined on the buyers not the sellers.....and if appropriate the banks valuers, if the buyer does not have the means/ability to purchase the place will not get sold to them....anyone can ask any amount....everything is for sale at a price......a place can stay on the market for sale indefinitely......there eventually comes a tipping point, of no return. ;)

HOLA4415

Welcome back, if you are here for the right reasons. (Ie not if you bought a house at mad price, and awaking a sleeper account to defend your HPI)... ie..same in 2005, means bailouts again from 2015.

Sadly we had to live through a breakdown excuses/victim years, and now older owners snubbing downsizing in homes bought for £10K-£30K in 70s... and even those finding excuses for portfolio landlords drowning in debt.

What would you define as the right reasons ?

Im not here to defend anything which I have done, I lurk mainly out of curiosity and also like to keep an open mind.

I was a bear between 2003 and 2005 and listened to what a lot of the bears had to say and was pretty brainwashed by it all, I ended up not buying at the time when it would have financially benefited me immensely by now.

I just find a lot of the stuff written now is rehashed from 2005 and I feel a lot of it will mean nothing like it did back then.

HOLA4416

Im not here to defend anything which I have done, I lurk mainly out of curiosity and also like to keep an open mind.

I was a bear between 2003 and 2005 and listened to what a lot of the bears had to say and was pretty brainwashed by it all, I ended up not buying at the time when it would have financially benefited me immensely by now.

I just find a lot of the stuff written now is rehashed from 2005 and I feel a lot of it will mean nothing like it did back then.

This time its different.

HOLA4417

It's called Housepricecrash - there's the clue. You should only be posting here if you believe in the house price crash - plenty of other boards around for people who don't.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It's called Housepricecrash - there's the clue. You should only be posting here if you believe in the house price crash - plenty of other boards around for people who don't.

Thats a pretty bold statement to make on behalf of every poster on this board.

I'm a *massive* housing bear. I believe that this country's 15 year obsession with HPI via the idiots who take out six figure mortgages as with less debate as they do over what brand of loo roll to use is leading societal destruction.

What I don't want from this forum though is a myopic attitude. This place's strength is its analysis and debate. A poster who attempts to argue the case for prices going up with data and reasoning should be able to find a place here without being witchhunted or attacked.

Even if they are obviously totally and utterly wrong.

HOLA4420

Did you buy a house in the end? (I was working full-out in 2005) If so, care to tell us when?

'Financially benefited immensely' - yes if you had bought a home it would be worth a lot more. It can still fall back from today's levels to financially benefit immensely those renter-savers priced out.. who refuse to pay these prices.

So no HPC then. Thanks for letting me/us know.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I actually enjoy debating with hpi worshippers in real life. For one thing it gives me a clue into their personal circumstances - especially those at work.

For instance, whilst no one wishes to discuss their salary explicity, its amazing how much data they give away when talking about their mortgages and house purchasing, from which anyone with 1/2 a brain can make a reasonable guess as to their salary. Which - whilst still revealing these people are taking on massive risk, also gives me a guide as to the internal politics of their relative value to mine.

Equally this week i learned some are very bullish on wage rises bailing out the market. This leads me to think I'm getting screwed - I've not seen a hint of this myself, and thus gives me more drive and ammo to fight for one for myself whether internally or by leaving. I also learned how many are putting all their eggs in the housing basket still and completely ignoring their pensions. Scary shit to come in future for them.

Edited by Frugal Git

HOLA4423

Thats a pretty bold statement to make on behalf of every poster on this board.

I'm a *massive* housing bear. I believe that this country's 15 year obsession with HPI via the idiots who take out six figure mortgages as with less debate as they do over what brand of loo roll to use is leading societal destruction.

What I don't want from this forum though is a myopic attitude. This place's strength is its analysis and debate. A poster who attempts to argue the case for prices going up with data and reasoning should be able to find a place here without being witchhunted or attacked.

Even if they are obviously totally and utterly wrong.

Steady on.

And where is the data....?

I just made some initial inquiries to why ExeC was back.

He feels that it's just a rerun of discussion from 2005 and no HPC ahead. Data is what I would like.

There is no myopic attitude on the forum.

[..]That said, I think there is a temperate discussion to be had, in the open, between friends, on this matter.

I feel very strongly that we need to argue forcefully and without kid gloves against idiocy and ignorance. There is some irony here. I mock myself for being a Witchfinder, but it is knowing mockery. People tip up here and spout ignorant prejudice, and when you ask them to explain it, not defend it, explain it, then it is soon open season from them for ad hominem attacks and plain as the nose on your face bile. I've not been here long enough to know if you've ever played this particular hand - I've never seen you do it.

As I've stated plainly before, for me, this is the place where destructive idiocy "you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar", "it's always the right time to buy" is called out as nonsense. I am just past forty, the generation coming up behind me are getting crucified by this nonsense and out in the world nobody is calling it nonsense. On these boards, I get to call it nonsense and fight like an animal, armed with evidence and reason, to demonstrate it is nonsense.

[...]Firstly, to my mind, if it is worth posting about, it is worth arguing about, and if it is worth arguing about, then people who post ought to have argument to support their posting. If they don't and they find me wanting to tip into them, why did they post? I read the boards for a solid year before I posted, out of respect for the people who were already posting.

Secondly, cliques is pejorative. What about friendship? What about shared perspectives? Common values? Common purpose? Am I to maintain an existence in splendid isolation, the poster as atom, when working the hard yards in the trenches speaks to a different perspective. Is it a conversation or is it a box collecting submissions?

Thirdly, you make two errors. Firstly, no Witchfinder can stop people posting. Only the Moderators can do that. Secondly, nobody can be chased off the boards. People may find the locals unbearable, but there must always be locals. Do we propose a social space where all voices are honoured equally, in defiance of their mastery of reason and evidence?

[..]In my opinion, these boards are a battleground, and there will be fighting. You can elect to remain aloof. As nobody can chase you off and you are unlikely to be banned, that is your prerogative. But for those of us deprived of homes by the voice of reason tw@ts expecting us to rent from them forever, this is the f**king front line, and I fight, and I give it my best shot.

[..]you know that the most amazing crash is right around the corner and after a decade and change of being wrong about the only game in town you can't deal with the fact that you are about to be finally proved right, and that it was political risk wot won it.The only reason you see cliques is because the number of skirmishes has gone to zero. They've all gone home. It's over. housepricecrash.

Cheer the f**k up. It's on.

HOLA4424

Steady on.

And where is the data....?

I just made some initial inquiries to why ExeC was back.

He feels that it's just a rerun of discussion from 2005 and no HPC ahead. Data is what I would like.

There is no myopic attitude on the forum.

I don't think there is a myopic attitude currently, but its a slippery slope when someone says they don't want anyone on the forum who isn't bearish. And I wasn't attributing the data or reasoning statement to ExeC - there wasnt any there, just moaning they had beem brainwashed by the forum previously, which is pathetic on their part. To them - Own your own decisions. But I welcome proper debate here whenever it is there.

And i am a massive bear :-)

HOLA4425