The Big Eu Referendum Thread - How Will Be Bribed To Vote Yes To Stay

HOLA441
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I'm quite happy to go to EU countries without getting a visa. I don't like the pumped up beaurocracy, and extra layer of silly politicians, which cost a lot.

Don't rememeber needing a vis before the EU, at least for Western Europe. Old behind the curtain countries a bit differnt though but the change there nothing to do withe the EU.

HOLA445
HOLA446

EU ‘In’ Campaign Hires June Sarpong: A Conspiracy ‘Investigator’ Who Believes America Is Controlling The Weather

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/10/12/eu-campaign-hires-june-sarpong-conspiracy-investigator-believes-america-controlling-weather/

She has an amusing dimple on her nose.

HOLA447

Just look at Neil Kinnock for an answer to that, if you happen to lose your seat as an MP for whatever reason, then the EU provides a very comfortable second career.

That is one massive objection I have - the likes of Neil Kinnock and Peter Mandelson being 'cronied' into very senior, very highly paid EU posts, without a single vote being cast.

And there was one of the the founders of Innocent Smoothies on the radio this morning - one of the yes men - trying to tell us the EU was democratic.

The other day, Merkel and the French bloke were saying that the only way to solve Europe's problems was by ever closer union, God help us.

HOLA448

The other day, Merkel and the French bloke were saying that the only way to solve Europe's problems was by ever closer union, God help us.

Well yes, if you define Europe's problems as it not being a big superstate, instead of being bothered about the individual countries' problems.

HOLA449

Everything that has come out of Brussels since the last referendum has been ever closer union, or a federal E.U if you like. The choice is simple, vote to stay in and accept that in the future the U.K will cease to exist as a sovereign state or vote out to retake our sovereignty and control our own future.

HOLA4410

Everything that has come out of Brussels since the last referendum has been ever closer union, or a federal E.U if you like. The choice is simple, vote to stay in and accept that in the future the U.K will cease to exist as a sovereign state or vote out to retake our sovereignty and control our own future.

That sounds good but it also requires having some degree of faith that UK leaders will be better than EU ones...

HOLA4411

The UK is already the exception in Europe: most expensive public transport, most expensive housing, smallest new houses, worst quality of life for children, fattest population, widest income inequality, biggest financial sector, most highly paid bankers, only unelected legislative chamber packed with cronies who bought their seat etc. Other EU countries don't have this, all of it was fully home grown. Leaving the EU will fix none of it.

This referendum is a huge waste of time whatever the outcome. The EU is not all that powerful.

HOLA4412

The UK is already the exception in Europe: most expensive public transport, most expensive housing, smallest new houses, worst quality of life for children, fattest population, widest income inequality, biggest financial sector, most highly paid bankers, only unelected legislative chamber packed with cronies who bought their seat etc. Other EU countries don't have this, all of it was fully home grown. Leaving the EU will fix none of it.

This referendum is a huge waste of time whatever the outcome. The EU is not all that powerful.

One the things I keep going on about is population density (as if anyone hasn't noticed by now!), believing that we can't get the best quality of life without reducing it. Is the EU a help or hindrance in achieving that goal (or at least stopping it increasing)? That is very definitely right on the top of my priorities, and I can't see staying in the EU will help us in the slightest there, rather the reverse. The downside to that, of course, is that our own incompetents appear to have no interest in addressing that top issue either, but leaving would at least be one of the obstacles out of the way.

HOLA4413

I'm expecting the lies and propaganda to far exceed what Scotland suffered. Can't wait for the fear stage to begin when we are told all the terrible consequences if we "stupidly" vote to leave.

This.

No bribes, just a big stick swung by the MSM again, and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again..... until eventually the argument is dumbed down to "your country baaaaaad".

I actually support our membership of the EU. I work in logistics so free trade is essential to my job, and I believe that the other countries of the EU will penalise us for leaving. Probably in the form of import taxes, barely disguised as 'transaction tariffs' or some such nonsense.

HOLA4414

This.

No bribes, just a big stick swung by the MSM again, and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again,and again, and again, and again..... until eventually the argument is dumbed down to "your country baaaaaad".

I actually support our membership of the EU. I work in logistics so free trade is essential to my job, and I believe that the other countries of the EU will penalise us for leaving. Probably in the form of import taxes, barely disguised as 'transaction tariffs' or some such nonsense.

You make a fair point. I have a few customers in Switzerland and they are a total headache to deliver to.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I don't think the German motor lobby would let them. Even if they did such deals are usually reciprocal.. We would actually make money out of it because we buy more from Europe than they do from us.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Heard the pro EU campaign state on R4 the other day that for every pound we spend on Europe we get £10 back.

Which made me laugh.

Large joint European science projects usually spend so little money back into the UK that they are desperate to find UK companies to bid for work just so we aren't seen to be losing out so badly.

HOLA4419

Yep, it is only a union in some aspects - we do not seem to share the benefits re things like health, pensions. Even ruddy mobile phones cost more.

HOLA4420

Don't rememeber needing a vis before the EU, at least for Western Europe. Old behind the curtain countries a bit differnt though but the change there nothing to do withe the EU.

No you never did. But you still need a passport so it will make bog all difference if we leave.

HOLA4421

The migrant crisis has proved to me, if I didn't know it already, that the EU is an utterly busted flush. It can't protect its own borders, but bullies and penalises countries (such as Hungary) who have the temerity to do so themselves. The most powerful EU state (Germany) effectively controls what happens in the rest of the continent and has deliberately destabilised the entire continent by importing millions of economically dependent migrants, mostly from completely different cultural backgrounds, and demanding the sharing out of them into countries who do not want them.

No thanks, I'm out.

I don't have much faith in a 'no' vote however. Even if the UK votes 'no', there's the likelihood of a retake as there was in Ireland and Denmark.

What's possible though is that the EU simply implodes anyway, so a vote becomes unnecessary.

HOLA4422

The migrant crisis has proved to me, if I didn't know it already, that the EU is an utterly busted flush. It can't protect its own borders, but bullies and penalises countries (such as Hungary) who have the temerity to do so themselves. The most powerful EU state (Germany) effectively controls what happens in the rest of the continent and has deliberately destabilised the entire continent by importing millions of economically dependent migrants, mostly from completely different cultural backgrounds, and demanding the sharing out of them into countries who do not want them.

No thanks, I'm out.

I don't have much faith in a 'no' vote however. Even if the UK votes 'no', there's the likelihood of a retake as there was in Ireland and Denmark.

What's possible though is that the EU simply implodes anyway, so a vote becomes unnecessary.

If we do leave, then look no further than Angel Merkel's open invitation to the world to make up for their labour shortage, on the pretence of a humanitarian mission.

Seriously if you are on a humanitarian mission you don't provide shelter to 20 something young males over the women, children and elderly who are most vulnerable and left at the camps.

The lie, which was also propagated by the Department of information at the BBC, was so big that the decision has tipped to a 50/50.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

..and if you live & work in the EU? I take it UK nationals will be subject to quotas?

I personally want to stay in, as I plan to bugger off to Europe at some point...

Why should that matter? German and its puppet states have just let in a couple million people no questions asked...doubt they'd say no to anyone else.

Besides, more Brits live in Oz than the EU states combined...oz not being an EU member hasnt stopped that.

HOLA4425

Why should that matter? German and its puppet states have just let in a couple million people no questions asked...doubt they'd say no to anyone else.

Besides, more Brits live in Oz than the EU states combined...oz not being an EU member hasnt stopped that.

..I have no in inclination in living in OZ :) They're also very strict on what professions are allowed in, and you have be under 45 to apply (AFAIK)..

Archived