House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

The Big Eu Referendum Thread - How Will Be Bribed To Vote Yes To Stay

Britain's pro-EU campaign opens with warning: Don't turn your back on world

LONDON - British pro-Europeans on Monday launched their campaign to keep their country inside the European Union, cautioning that turning away from the world's biggest economic bloc would hurt jobs and torpedo London's global financial clout.

And today it all kicks off. How do you expect us to all be bribed to vote yes? If there is a no vote will we be asked to vote again and this time give the correct answer like the Irish had too?

There is a long way to go, but how are you inclined to vote at the minute and is there anything that can be said that may change your mind?

Edit to add:

I'm guessing the question will be important, will they go for yes to stay or no to stay?

Never will I vote to stay. Never in a Month of Sundays even if the Government offered me £1000.

I do have a figure in mind where I may be persuaded though.....

I'll be "spoiling" my ballot-paper by scrawling "none of the above" on it as usual.

There is no amount of bribery that will ever change that.

Because once they get the result they want, the bribes will remain un-paid.

Accept their shenanigans at your peril....

XYY

Will be a no from me, no matter what lies are peddled. My first political decision as an adult was wanting out of the EU, I've seen no reason to change my mind. On the contrary...!

Who do you want running the country, the British establishment or the German establishment

?

Everything else is just window dressing.

Exactamundo libsy. Unfortunately, I don't want either of them...

XYY

If there is a no vote will we be asked to vote again and this time give the correct answer like the Irish had too?

The French voted no to Maastrich, they were simply ignored. I suspect it will be the same for the UK vote if the wrong answer is given.

Whoever promises to re-open the pits and coal fired power stations. Gives fracking a free hand.Does away with the green and brown belt palaver and build much needed homes.

Whoever admits that PC has got to the point that we're afraid to open our mouths.Up until then I'm undecided. I am a card carrying Nationalist but this decision ought to be down to the individual rather than following any party policy.

Who do you want running the country, the British establishment or the German establishment?

Everything else is just window dressing.

Why do the British establishment want to stay in then? Are they too lazy to run it themselves, getting the krauts to run it instead.

Why do the British establishment want to stay in then? Are they too lazy to run it themselves, getting the krauts to run it instead.

My thoughts exactly. <_<

It's almost like they know they are a bunch of f****** useless c****!

Just look at Neil Kinnock for an answer to that, if you happen to lose your seat as an MP for whatever reason, then the EU provides a very comfortable second career.

Being in the EU means:

more jobs for politicians, more money for politicians, more power for politicians, more ego-flattering photoshoots for politicians, more dinners for politicians, more conferences for politicians.

Think what they, I mean we, would lose if we jumped off that gravy train.

Thinking about it the way perfectly reasonable politicians turn out to be foaming at the mouth EU luvvies like Ken Clarke does make me wonder if there is a nobbling process going on.

It happened with several England football managers. A manager who played good attractive football would be appointed whereupon he suddenly turned into Jack Charlton and started having everybody hoof it up to the big lad up front.

It was a mystery but then it turned out that there was an analyst who wrote to every new manager demonstrating, with reams of supporting evidence, that the great majority of goals scored in football were one, two or three touches from a ball hoofed out of defence.

This seemed to get to them and they changed their game.

The EU support seems similar, maybe it gets pointed out that if they lose their seat as an MP their only chance of another pay cheque will be as an MEP, and they'll only get that if they publicly support the EU. So they do.

I'm quite happy to go to EU countries without getting a visa. I don't like the pumped up beaurocracy, and extra layer of silly politicians, which cost a lot.

I think the leave campaign will struggle.

Most anti-EU messages are vague and the benefits of leaving would affect society as a whole, rarely the individual. It is very hard to come up with a single piece of EU legislation that would make any significant change to my life if it were repealed. The fiscal numbers are just politicians and businessmen making things up as usual.

The stay campaign has some golden bullets e.g. If we leave the EU you wont be able to retire to Spain. Most people never will retire to Spain, but I would bet for ever one that does there are 50 that think they might. They won't like being told they can't. Or - If we leave your kid won't be able to take a gap year working his way around Europe. Again, most won't (and of those that do most won't actually work!) but you are taking away an individual choice that used to exist. People won't like that.

There will be a single trigger in almost all of us that will be important and have a direct impact. We won't want to give that up for a 'possible' improvement in the government finances or a few less immigrants in a town we never visit anyway.

My view is that staying in supports the 1% and leaving is probably good for most of the 99%, but the same is true of governments and we keep voting them in. Sadly I think we are in for the long term unless some black swan event occurs.

I really hope you guys are representative of the rest of England!

Also you too can experience the lies and propaganda we suffered last year!

I'm expecting the lies and propaganda to far exceed what Scotland suffered. Can't wait for the fear stage to begin when we are told all the terrible consequences if we "stupidly" vote to leave.

Wilts radio yesteday was a heady mix of the pro euro campaign figureheads (presenter was mildly questioning their raison d'etre) and how wilts was the champion county in terms of help to buy and a mortgage broker extolling the virtues of "help" to provide mortgages up to £450k via his company, not a jot of questioning.

We would all be 450 quid worse off a year apparaenly, the threats have already started.

Just look at Neil Kinnock for an answer to that, if you happen to lose your seat as an MP for whatever reason, then the EU provides a very comfortable second career.

I believe it was very lucrative for Mrs Kinnock as well.

Piggies at the trough.

I'm expecting the lies and propaganda to far exceed what Scotland suffered. Can't wait for the fear stage to begin when we are told all the terrible consequences if we "stupidly" vote to leave.

There would have to be some mega lying going on to top what we were put through! Something like "life expectancy of your children will drop by 10 years if you vote to leave the EU!"

I don't excpect our own useless leaders to make of the opportunity to do what needs doing if we do leave (fewer people in the UK), but it'll be one excuse less for them. I see no advantages whatsoever in staying. Arguments about an economic impact don't move me in the slightest (in fact I'm finding it harder and harder to see many downsides in that).