House Price Crash Forum

Mohammed Once Again Top Baby Name In Uk

davidg

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

So out of 695,252 live births (ONS data link in OP)

7240 babies were named all the variants of Mohammed.

In % terms 1% of all babies born were called one of the variants of Mohammed which presumably means 99% of babies born last year weren't called one of the variants of Mohammed.

What point is the OP trying to make exactly? 99% of babies aren't called Mohammed?

Why is that worthy of a thread?

HOLA445

In % terms 1% of all babies born were called one of the variants of Mohammed which presumably means 99% of babies born last year weren't called one of the variants of Mohammed.

What point is the OP trying to make exactly? 99% of babies aren't called Mohammed?

The point is the ONS, and I notice Guardian, don't report this interesting fact about the changing face of Britain and its ethnic diversity.

HOLA446

Have you bothered to take the 50% off to negate female babies ......

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Yes, talk about Orwellian. Mohammed is clearly the top boy's name. However this isn't referred-to in the body of the piece except for the disclaimer at the end:
"Spelling variations of the same name are counted separately in the data from the ONS. When considering name variations in the top 100, the Muslim name Mohammed totals 7,240, compared with the top boys' name Oliver at 6,649."

HOLA4412

There is an element of concentration in Moslem/Muslim (sic) names too.

I should imagine quite a high proportion call their sons after the prophet.

But there's also no doubt that in our lifetimes the growth has been exponential and I fully expect that to continue. What are you going to do about it? I would suggest just let it go, it is simply not worth your life getting upset by something that 'the powers that be' have decided they want to happen. I would guess that destroying nations based on race is all part of the Plan to maintain peace in the wake of the second world war just as much as building the European Union. We have been re-cast in the image of America....their idea of the Perfect Country with the Perfect Democratic System that needs to be planted globally, by force if necessary.

Edit: I should add for clarity that I can see very good reasons for destroying racially pure states after what we witnessed with various global European Empires including ours and ending with the warping of Darwin by the Germans.

So instead of wars based on race, we have them based on versions of religion or the lack of it?

My ex wife did her teacher training (biology) in a school in Bradford, her class was essentially 100% Pakistani British. The national curriculum told her to teach genetics by emphasising differences in eye/hair colour the ability to roll tongues etc. Things that are strait forward in most UK schools. In this class there was no variation in any genetic trait...

not that it really mattered, none of them believed in evolution anyway...

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yes, talk about Orwellian. Mohammed is clearly the top boy's name. However this isn't referred-to in the body of the piece except for the disclaimer at the end:

"Spelling variations of the same name are counted separately in the data from the ONS. When considering name variations in the top 100, the Muslim name Mohammed totals 7,240, compared with the top boys' name Oliver at 6,649."

I've known a few parents of 'Olivers'. Give me a nice down to earth Mohammed every time.

HOLA4415

Have you bothered to take the 50% off to negate female babies ......

Are you saying you're incapable of working that out for yourself? Jesus Chr*st.

Ok, I'll help you out:-

98% of male babies born in 2014 were not called one of the variants (I counted 3 in the table) of Mohammed.

97 out of the top 100 boys were not named one of the 3 variants of Mohammed, or 99 out of 100 if you include them all together as the OP (and ONS link) has done. i.e. the 7240 = all variants.

Is that clear enough for you?

HOLA4416

Are you saying you're incapable of working that out for yourself? Jesus Chr*st.

Ok, I'll help you out:-

98% of male babies born in 2014 were not called one of the variants (I counted 3 in the table) of Mohammed.

97 out of the top 100 boys were not named one of the 3 variants of Mohammed, or 99 out of 100 if you include them all together as the OP (and ONS link) has done. i.e. the 7240 = all variants.

Is that clear enough for you?

I was simply pointing out if you are going to use statistics to make a point - at least get them correct !!

Coming up with a % based on 100% of a population - when it really only applies to ~50% of the population - is a pretty massive error.

Anyway - the point of this story ? Well I imagine if someone told us the most popular boys name this year in Saudi Arabia was 'Dave' it would be worthy of discussion - no ?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Sexist, why can't a girl be called Mohammed .... Sam, Hilary, Jo and lots of other names can be either so why not Mohammed ... you are not suggesting that in some way girls are second class citizens are you??

in this gender-neutral world of utopian equality, the terms "boys" and "girls" no longer exist.

everybody is to be addressed with the prefix "citizen"

so girls called mohammed,bryan and trevor,are perfectly acceptable.

in fact, even family surnames have been done away with, and your last name will be the street name where the childbearing mother resided at birth.

blame david and victoria beckham..they started it with brooklyn....I pity the poor folks who ended up as bognor and skegness.

HOLA4421

So instead of wars based on race, we have them based on versions of religion or the lack of it?

My ex wife did her teacher training (biology) in a school in Bradford, her class was essentially 100% Pakistani British. The national curriculum told her to teach genetics by emphasising differences in eye/hair colour the ability to roll tongues etc. Things that are strait forward in most UK schools. In this class there was no variation in any genetic trait...

not that it really mattered, none of them believed in evolution anyway...

she could have taught them about incest,and how having kids too closely rlated genetically produces deformities.

ok everybody, hands up...who's got rickets??

HOLA4422

she could have taught them about incest,and how having kids too closely rlated genetically produces deformities.

ok everybody, hands up...who's got rickets??

Rickets is caused by lack of sunlight, and is not genetic.

HOLA4423

Richard Dawkins visited UK funded Muslim school, its on YouTube

School of girls. He asked what they wanted to do, loads of budding doctors, lawyers etc. when he asked who accepted evolution no one put their hand up. He then asked any questions. A girl asked "why if we are descended from Monkeys why are there still monkeys. He said that is the most common question I am asked, the answer is common descent. It's part of the national curriculum so your teacher can answer this - he turned to her and she refused to answer the question. There is the problem..

HOLA4424

But dark skin (can I say that?) is. Palies (can I say that) are more 'efficient' at absorbing the limited amount of light in this country but don't fare so well on the Costa del Vitamin D.

Yes well if you are a bit dark, and go to live in Scotland, it's best not to put a bag over your head all year, as would be popular in deserts nearer the equator, where I am quite happy to wear a big hat. -_- Silliest thing I ever saw was a red haired gentleman sunbathing at midday with shirt off, in a desert region, with the sun right overhead. He went very pink.

HOLA4425

Yes well if you are a bit dark, and go to live in Scotland, it's best not to put a bag over your head all year, as would be popular in deserts nearer the equator, where I am quite happy to wear a big hat. -_- Silliest thing I ever saw was a red haired gentleman sunbathing at midday with shirt off, in a desert region, with the sun right overhead. He went very pink.

Makes perfect sense if only for 15-20 mins. That's what I do. Avoid sun tan lotion as full of chemicals - and still get some rays to feel better. No need to be burnt :)

Archived