House Price Crash Forum

One Of The Rothchilds Estates Goes On Market

HOLA441
HOLA442

If we are to believe the wealth of the Rothschild empire, this estate is small beans. I'd think it would be unlikely they are selling this to rotate into another asset class of because they want to shift their money to another country.

It looks like the next generation of Rothschild might be spending more time in the US because of the Hilton connection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3064443/Rothschild-family-estate-boasting-34-homes-award-winning-stud-farm-two-reservoirs-goes-market-24MILLION.html

It could be that they are looking ahead a few decades and concluding that the UK will not be such a friendly place to be for a mega wealthy family of Jewish ancestry?

Edit: typo.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA443

There are a further 34 homes on the estate, ranging from large farmhouses to quaint cottages.

At the moment the estate generates £138,721 per year in rent - with eight of the buildings currently vacant.

In total there are 1,720 acres of land made up of farmland, woodland and a successful stud farm.

OMG. They are incompetent managers That much land, so many houses, and a successful stud farm yields < 1% !!!

HOLA444

OMG. They are incompetent managers That much land, so many houses, and a successful stud farm yields < 1% !!!

Or maybe shock horror they don't, contrary to the public image of what uber wealthy people are supposed to be like, treat every single thing they own as a means to make money? and that the estate is both a genuine home and, perhaps, some local 'philanthropy'? the stud farm merely a hobby? and the quoted income sufficient to cover the annual costs of keeping it all?

HOLA445

Or maybe shock horror they don't, contrary to the public image of what uber wealthy people are supposed to be like, treat every single thing they own as a means to make money? and that the estate is both a genuine home and, perhaps, some local 'philanthropy'? the stud farm merely a hobby? and the quoted income sufficient to cover the annual costs of keeping it all?

Or maybe it is run as a tax loss?

edit: typo.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA446
HOLA447

But......the article stated it is being used as a 'home'. So could it be used as a 'tax loss'?

Maybe the stud farm is a separate business to the bit used as a home?

If I was a wealthy Jewish person I would be thinking long and hard about owning vast property empires in the UK going forward.

HOLA448

Or maybe it is run as a tax loss?

edit: typo.

Or, maybe, they see the writing on the wall vis a vis unsustainable high property prices and think that it aint worth anywhere near 24 million? but will gladly take the money and run from any mug willing to pay it - and then buy back something comparable, after the coming crash, at a bargain price. And why not? good luck to them if that is the case!

Say what you want about this class of people but one thing that distinguishes them from the common man, and undoubtedly helps them prosper over the centuries, is their ability to see things over the longer term - generations not just decades. These 'dynastic' families prosper by, in large part, always thinking of the future generation and rarely dispose of such assets in a cavalier manner. If this estate is being sold the odds are in favour of it having been very very carefully thought out......and so too the destination of the proceeds of the sale.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Rising anti-semetism in the UK.

I realised that was what you were insinuating.

Speaking personally....IF things/events ever came to a state like that here in the UK, in which Jews (or people of any other religious faith) were specifically and systematically 'targeted' for their assets/property because of their private religious beliefs and/or made to feel unwelcome by the state, then we too would be leaving the UK pretty damn fast!

Fortunately I do not see any reason to expect such a turn of events here in the UK.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4412

So is the timing of the article one week before the general election trying to suggest it's because of a possible mansion tax or some suchlike possible future policy. Maybe the risk of exit from the eu.

Like the career defining (for Cameron and apparently for everyone else) speech by Cameron and making fear statements just like before the Scottish independence vote.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4413

Rothschild money largely funded Wellington's army. However, Napoleon largely funded his campaigns through taxation and asset seizures following conquests.

In serious papers that discuss the funding of Napoleon there is no mention of the Rothschilds, (although I am sure that a large banking group would have had French government debt in its holdings).

To get mention of the Rothschilds funding Napoleon, you need to go look on the usual suspect websites which provide sustenance for conspiracy theorists and anti-semites.

I am not saying that they did not provide the funding, but only that they're is no evidence I can find of them doing so from any reputable source.

Interesting information. Thanks, I will do more research.

The whole Napoleonic Wars were massive and on a scale never before seen and, when things were going well for Napoleon, he stripped countries like Italy of their precious art to 'pay' his army. I thought he became more dependent on banking once his empire started to collapse after the 1812 Russian campaign.

The thing that makes the Rothschild/Waterloo connection dubious for me is that we in this country put far too much emphasis on that battle for ending Napoleon's exploits. The simple fact is that, just as in WW2, the real damage was already don in the East. Russia/Liepzig. If Napoleon had won Waterloo, Russia and Austria were already preparing to march on France anyway. Strategically it just wasn't that important so I don't know if that would have spooked the markets that much.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I realised that was what you were insinuating.

Speaking personally....IF things/events ever came to a state like that here in the UK, in which Jews (or people of any other religious faith) were specifically and systematically 'targeted' for their assets/property because of their private religious beliefs and/or made to feel unwelcome by the state, then we too would be leaving the UK pretty damn fast!

Fortunately I do not see any reason to expect such a turn of events here in the UK.

This story of Jews (thinking about) leaving the UK was in the news earlier this year:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11373324/Actress-Maureen-Lipman-may-leave-Britain-over-attacks-on-Jews.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-jews-thinking-of-leaving-as-fears-of-growing-antisemitism-are-exacerbated-following-atrocities-9970423.html

HOLA4416

Rising anti-semetism in the UK?

Maybe they should move out of London.....and try Suffolk.

Isn`t this a story made up by the DM and the BBC?

I bet my bottom dollar that these attacks were mainly from the Muslim community. Not really surprising considering the situation in the "Holy Land".

HOLA4417

Maybe the stud farm is a separate business to the bit used as a home?

If I was a wealthy Jewish person I would be thinking long and hard about owning vast property empires in the UK going forward.

if i was a wealthy jewish person, i would refrain from nasty comments like a certain mr j straw bleated on about,and stop the social engineering projects.

bearing in mind that is was that same "aggressive" anglo-saxons that put the kybosh on him and his family ending up in liquidation camps.

sometimes that aggression is necessary to stop real evil taking root.

I am not being anti-semitic in any way shape or form...even the isrealis have a profound understanding of the mentality of the people we are up against, and they have mandatory national service and stuff like that to defend themselves from any incursions of that sort......what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

this is constructive criticism,for their own good.

they won't like a bit of a stern telling off, but they will have to grow up a bit and learn to take their licks.

there may well be another hitler lurking in the undergrowth....and isreal cannot face these people alone.

...actually, no, lets rephrase that.

give the televisual/audio and media techniques being deployed(precisely the same stuff as happened last time if anyone has bothered to read the accounts of german refugees etc.)....there IS another hitler lurking in the undergrowth.

what good will it do them if their politicians have turned the only people capable of facing hitler 2.0 down into a bunch of pussies?

straw/milliband/mandelsohn have yet to figure this one out.

they ran away last time....where are they going to run to once the guys who had cojones enough have been emasculated???

they will run again..and run...and run..and run..

but this time the capture web is totally global...there will be nowhere left to run to.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Mind you they might only be pretending to have it on sale to depress prices while buying up land around it.

Remember the antics in the markets after the Battle of Waterloo.

...and not forgetting them and their goons the Sassoons liitle antics in the Opium Wars.....

HOLA4421

I bet my bottom dollar that these attacks were mainly from the Muslim community. Not really surprising considering the situation in the "Holy Land".

jesuitism and islamofascism are one and the same beast.

HOLA4422

Speak for yourself. Not me or we; them and you, apparently. Some of us don't pick a side consisting of mostly average fellow people in the perpetual wars of power, paranoia and sky fairies.

when you are forced to believe their version of sky fairy or be put to the sword, there is not much room for compromise or meeting half way.

as I've said before..these people are every bit as fanatical as the inquisition.

...these guys are playing for all the marbles.

the only choice you have is will you join their gang or not?

true, 90% of us would just like to live our lives in peace,have families etc.

but it is the radical 10% that consider themselves "pedigree" priest class who deem themselves wise enough to rule over the peasants. that we have a problem with.

that is de-facto standard for the past nearly 4000 years.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

when you are forced to believe their version of sky fairy or be put to the sword, there is not much room for compromise or meeting half way.

as I've said before..these people are every bit as fanatical as the inquisition.

I don't share that view, at all. And I pity those that do as living under such bogeyman-driven subjugation must make for a troublesome existence. As it goes I'm more bothered by problems closer to home; like being forced to adhere and pay towards a collective version of reality that's closer to your outlook than mine.

HOLA4425

true, 90% of us would just like to live our lives in peace,have families etc.

but it is the radical 10% that consider themselves "pedigree" priest class who deem themselves wise enough to rule over the peasants. that we have a problem with.

that is de-facto standard for the past nearly 4000 years.

I read that less than 3% of Germans were Nazis as they gained control of the Nation.