House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Venger

One Of The Rothchilds Estates Goes On Market

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3064443/Rothschild-family-estate-boasting-34-homes-award-winning-stud-farm-two-reservoirs-goes-market-24MILLION.html

The Rothschild's sprawling 1,700 country estate - which comes with its own village at its heart - has gone on the market for £24million.

Boasting 34 cottages and farmhouses, an award-winning stud farm and two lakes, Rushbrooke Estate in Suffolk is one of the most expensive properties to come up for sale outside the south-east.

Rushbrooke has been owned by one of Europe's most famous families since 1938 after Lord Rothschild wanted a home within easy reach of Cambridge.

There are a further 34 homes on the estate, ranging from large farmhouses to quaint cottages.

At the moment the estate generates £138,721 per year in rent - with eight of the buildings currently vacant.

In total there are 1,720 acres of land made up of farmland, woodland and a successful stud farm.

Mind you they might only be pretending to have it on sale to depress prices while buying up land around it.

Remember the antics in the markets after the Battle of Waterloo.

Not the only estate they're flogging off.

The Ashton estate in Northamptonshire is being sold piecemeal.

Sad to see really. They've been run on non-commercial lines for years. V good landlords.

I thought this was another thread about Greece.

One wonders how the family acquired all this estate in the first place, or whether it was just stolen or enclosed like a lot of 'estates' were.

All I know is that feudalism trumps capitalism by miles.

Edited by RentierParadisio

Mind you they might only be pretending to have it on sale to depress prices while buying up land around it.

Remember the antics in the markets after the Battle of Waterloo.

What antics? I didn't get out much after Waterloo?

Is the smart money heading for the exit? If so, it suggests approx 18 months until the panic sets in....

Where does it exit to?!

The rest of the world has gone anglo-american economics. China wont be bailing us out this time!

One wonders how the family acquired all this estate in the first place, or whether it was just stolen or enclosed like a lot of 'estates' were.

All I know is that feudalism trumps capitalism by miles.

Being a Rothschilld, it'd be via banking. Although I guess his ancestors will have probably married into some blue blood along the way.

Is the smart money heading for the exit? If so, it suggests approx 18 months until the panic sets in....

The Northamptonshire one is down to deaths and the unravelling of the estate. AIUI, the estate was split three ways in a simplistic and unhelpful manner in the late 2000s. A recent death of one of the inheritors seems to have triggered the disposals. I think things have been continued out of habit and respect until enough of the older generation have died.

Also AIUI, all the farms including the one referred to by the OP are all part of the same unravelling and disposals process. Same people.

He is referring to the fact that the Rothchilds knew about the victory at Waterloo before the rest of the market and bought gilts in the expectation that they would rise in value, which they did.

It is not known how much they made out of this but it was probably not very much relative to their interests elsewhere (they largely funded Wellington'a army)

Wonder how much it costs to run yearly? Taxes? Running expenses?

Come come now its a local estate for local people surely its run from a offshore trust and a couple of shell companies.

http://

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Mayer_Rothschild

In the 19th century a legend began which accuses him of having used his early knowledge of victory at the Battle of Waterloo to speculate on the stock exchange and make a vast fortune.

Edited by billybong

He is referring to the fact that the Rothchilds knew about the victory at Waterloo before the rest of the market and bought gilts in the expectation that they would rise in value, which they did.

It is not known how much they made out of this but it was probably not very much relative to their interests elsewhere (they largely funded Wellington'a army)

They (the whole European Rothschild dynasty) funded the armies of Wellington, Napoleon and Blucher.

Some hedging.

If we are to believe the wealth of the Rothschild empire, this estate is small beans. I'd think it would be unlikely they are selling this to rotate into another asset class of because they want to shift their money to another country.

It looks like the next generation of Rothschild might be spending more time in the US because of the Hilton connection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3064443/Rothschild-family-estate-boasting-34-homes-award-winning-stud-farm-two-reservoirs-goes-market-24MILLION.html

They (the whole European Rothschild dynasty) funded the armies of Wellington, Napoleon and Blucher.

Some hedging.

Rothschild money largely funded Wellington's army. However, Napoleon largely funded his campaigns through taxation and asset seizures following conquests.

In serious papers that discuss the funding of Napoleon there is no mention of the Rothschilds, (although I am sure that a large banking group would have had French government debt in its holdings).

To get mention of the Rothschilds funding Napoleon, you need to go look on the usual suspect websites which provide sustenance for conspiracy theorists and anti-semites.

I am not saying that they did not provide the funding, but only that they're is no evidence I can find of them doing so from any reputable source.

Edited by Ah-so

Some hedging.

Yes, I beleive they invented the Bond.

It wasnt so much the funded the armies, it was they invented a method whereby people could lend to an entity, the Bond, and the Governments could issue these legal entities, the Bonds, promissing to pay interest.

Not all Bonds made money for the investors.

Yes, I beleive they invented the Bond.

It wasnt so much the funded the armies, it was they invented a method whereby people could lend to an entity, the Bond, and the Governments could issue these legal entities, the Bonds, promissing to pay interest.

Not all Bonds made money for the investors.

First modern government bond was issued by the Bank of England in 1694, long before the Rothschilds.

First modern government bond was issued by the Bank of England in 1694, long before the Rothschilds.

Interesting..

It seems they made their fortune financing governments through moving Gold around where it was needed....thus, making possible private Bonds, rather than Gilt edged Bonds?

Whatever the history, they are as well as the elites, blamed and accused for financing all kinds of evil, picking winners and losers, deciding who rules and who gets hanged.

For me, right place, right time is more the actuality, but of course, the evil is banking...the most regulated "industry" on the planet.People just cant be trusted to carry it out.

Edited by Bloo Loo