House Price Crash Forum

Farrage Tells Women To Breastfeed In The Corner

ticket2ride

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

That's not... quite what he said now is it.

Speaking on LBC radio, he said: “I’m not particularly bothered about it, but I know a lot of people do feel very uncomfortable, and look, this is just a matter of common sense, isn’t it? I think that given that some people feel very embarrassed by it, it isn’t too difficult to breastfeed a baby in a way that’s not openly ostentatious.

“Frankly, that’s up to Claridge’s, and I very much take the view that if you’re running an establishment you should have rules.”

Reacting to Farage’s position, No 10 said it was “totally unacceptable” for mothers to be made to feel uncomfortable about breastfeeding in public.

When asked on LBC if women should be told to go to the toilet to breastfeed, Farage replied: “Or perhaps sit in the corner, or whatever it might be – that’s up to Claridge’s. It’s not an issue that I get terribly hung up about, but I know particularly people of the older generation feel awkward and embarrassed by it.”

He said it was up to Claridges and that he personally wasn't fussed. So boilerplate libertarianism then, he has no opinion and doesn't think he should. Sad that someone actually espousing freedom gets labelled as a totalitarian but that's how completely mad British politics is these days.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

T1ts out in public is the definition of UKIP/Farage.

But I'm perfectly happy with that so long as he's not ostentatiously being a t1t in public, and preferably if he sits in the corner.

I'd hope not to be exposed to him in Claridges but frankly it's up to them whether they tell him to put a bag over his head or not.

Edited by R K

HOLA4413

This thread tipifies the politically correct nation we have become. What a lo

That's not... quite what he said now is it.

Speaking on LBC radio, he said: “I’m not particularly bothered about it, but I know a lot of people do feel very uncomfortable, and look, this is just a matter of common sense, isn’t it? I think that given that some people feel very embarrassed by it, it isn’t too difficult to breastfeed a baby in a way that’s not openly ostentatious.

“Frankly, that’s up to Claridge’s, and I very much take the view that if you’re running an establishment you should have rules.”

Reacting to Farage’s position, No 10 said it was “totally unacceptable” for mothers to be made to feel uncomfortable about breastfeeding in public.

When asked on LBC if women should be told to go to the toilet to breastfeed, Farage replied: “Or perhaps sit in the corner, or whatever it might be – that’s up to Claridge’s. It’s not an issue that I get terribly hung up about, but I know particularly people of the older generation feel awkward and embarrassed by it.”

He said it was up to Claridges and that he personally wasn't fussed. So boilerplate libertarianism then, he has no opinion and doesn't think he should. Sad that someone actually espousing freedom gets labelled as a totalitarian but that's how completely mad British politics is these days.

Well put, talk about a thread getting the wrong end of the stick, this typifies the nanny state / politically correct sh1t hole we have become where no one can say anything out of line... even though he didn't.

Christ next, thread will be 'Farage gets in trouble for looking at woman who's breatfeeding, can't win.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Personally I don't want to see a saggy saddle-bag whilst I'm having a sandwich either but I thought Farrage was supposed to be a man of the people. Makes him look a bit of a mammary.

You can't see anything when a woman is breastfeeding. Believe me, I've tried from various vantage points.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I don't get why the media are going on about this today. I heard this as part of a the overall half hour programme and it sounded like one of the least contraversial things he has ever said. What makes me smile is this is probably one time you could actually "blame" foreigners yet they haven't been mentioned, as I would wager that Claridges' policy is mostly down to not wanting to "offend" their rich clientele from countries where every part of a woman is to be covered let alone her breasts. I think the average "older" Brit as described is really not that bothered by this and would just ask to be moved if they were in eyeline and didn't wish to be.

HOLA4418

....and the minute a man is caught getting a quick peek at some fat chav getting her udders out, he's done for 'sexual harrassment'

We know how it ends.

The dumbest argument ive heard is 'its totally natural, get over it'

So is taking a shit. Maybe I should do that in the middle of the room next time I cross a mumsnet meeting.

HOLA4419

I don't get why the media are going on about this today. I heard this as part of a the overall half hour programme and it sounded like one of the least contraversial things he has ever said. What makes me smile is this is probably one time you could actually "blame" foreigners yet they haven't been mentioned, as I would wager that Claridges' policy is mostly down to not wanting to "offend" their rich clientele from countries where every part of a woman is to be covered let alone her breasts. I think the average "older" Brit as described is really not that bothered by this and would just ask to be moved if they were in eyeline and didn't wish to be.

Have you not been paying attention to the MSM? (not that I can blame you) The comet guys t-shirt? Anita sarkeeesian.

The establishment is trying to export the 'war on women' BS that is currently being pushed on the US population to Europe.

Farage simply dared speak at a bad time.

HOLA4420

Have you not been paying attention to the MSM? (not that I can blame you) The comet guys t-shirt? Anita sarkeeesian.

The establishment is trying to export the 'war on women' BS that is currently being pushed on the US population to Europe.

Farage simply dared speak at a bad time.

Never heard of her, vaguely saw something about the shirt. I try not to pay too much attention to the mass media. To me setting up men and women to clash is just another part of divide and rule, distract people from who is actually controlling them and their access to money.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

A very good point. Farage should mention this if asked again to comment. Those most likely to be offended are from the world of Islam. Maybe even ask Cameron what he thinks about whether breastfeeding mothers should upset Muslim visitors or do it discretely in the corner.