House Price Crash Forum

I'm Losing Weight Eating One Big Meal A Day And Then Something Small

cica

HOLA441

I've been up to 96kg this year and now dropping. I'm at 92kg at the moment and confident I'll be at 85kg within months.

I have been at around 77kg about 6 years ago when hammering the jogging due to being single and having nothing better to do but generally always been slightly tubby. I just don't want to look like I'm definitely overweight.

1. I have ceral for breakfast.

2. Can get away with eating chocolate for brunch.

3. Go all out at lunch. Anything I want. Asian, McDonald's, BK or whatever. Stuff myself so that...

4. By the time I get home I almost feel guilty and only feel like having a bowl of cereal or beans on toast or soup. I just don't want another cooked meal.

It bloody works, without changing much!

Basically, move away from eating 2 large meals a day. Make it about 1 and 1/2.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

In seriousness - did you ever see the fasting thread? Worked for me, 2012 did 19 weeks of mostly 4 days fasting (getting on the sauce Fri-Sun) and eating whatever - lost 2 stone. Put almost 1 back on then did 13 weeks in 2013 and lost 2 again (joined the gym so had extra burn).

Haven't done one this year yet, just kept up the exercise, gained around half a stone but of muscle, all other measurements are still the same! Ooo-er :ph34r:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I've been up to 96kg this year and now dropping. I'm at 92kg at the moment and confident I'll be at 85kg within months.

I have been at around 77kg about 6 years ago when hammering the jogging due to being single and having nothing better to do but generally always been slightly tubby. I just don't want to look like I'm definitely overweight.

1. I have ceral for breakfast.

2. Can get away with eating chocolate for brunch.

3. Go all out at lunch. Anything I want. Asian, McDonald's, BK or whatever. Stuff myself so that...

4. By the time I get home I almost feel guilty and only feel like having a bowl of cereal or beans on toast or soup. I just don't want another cooked meal.

It bloody works, without changing much!

Basically, move away from eating 2 large meals a day. Make it about 1 and 1/2.

Cereal, chocolate, Maccie D's, beans on toast !!

You must want to get diabetes.

Have a listen to this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04jjz49

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm trying to go the other way and gain weight (68kg 5ft10 eek). I can eat what I like without putting an ounce of fat on but that isn't healthy either. Funny how we are at both ends of the extreme and the same medicine could be in order for both of us...

I returned to weight training after a long sabbatical (seven year) and six weeks in it's apparent that weights alone won't be enough so I've changed my diet dramatically as of this week. Carbohydrate are replaced with protein (eggs/chicken/whey powder) and lots of vegetables. I've dropped my daily red bull clone drink (surprising how energy sapping 'energy' drinks actually are) having a banana shake in it's place (real banana/whey powder/full fat milk).

Also cycling three times a week intensively for 45min-1hour and will get back on my concept 2 rowing machine when I'm in a better condition to do so.

If you did the same in all probability you'd gain weight initially then lose it as the extra muscle you'll be packing makes you burn more calories and you can do the rest.

a diet is just an excuse not to put the hard work in.

Edit: taking creatine too.

HOLA4411

I actually never weigh myself. I am 67.2 kG! :blink:

I feel a lot better for having a daytime meal at work rather than an evening one! But I miss my own cooking, although my bottom doesn't miss it at all!

HOLA4412

What are these kg things?

Call me Dave is that you?

I actually never weigh myself. I am 67.2 kG! :blink:

I feel a lot better for having a daytime meal at work rather than an evening one! But I miss my own cooking, although my bottom doesn't miss it at all!

A daytime meal means you can sleep it off at work, and be refreshed to go out in the evening.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Call me Dave is that you?

A daytime meal means you can sleep it off at work, and be refreshed to go out in the evening.

You have obviously worked with me before then! ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm trying to go the other way and gain weight (68kg 5ft10 eek). I can eat what I like without putting an ounce of fat on but that isn't healthy either. Funny how we are at both ends of the extreme and the same medicine could be in order for both of us...

I returned to weight training after a long sabbatical (seven year) and six weeks in it's apparent that weights alone won't be enough so I've changed my diet dramatically as of this week. Carbohydrate are replaced with protein (eggs/chicken/whey powder) and lots of vegetables. I've dropped my daily red bull clone drink (surprising how energy sapping 'energy' drinks actually are) having a banana shake in it's place (real banana/whey powder/full fat milk).

Also cycling three times a week intensively for 45min-1hour and will get back on my concept 2 rowing machine when I'm in a better condition to do so.

If you did the same in all probability you'd gain weight initially then lose it as the extra muscle you'll be packing makes you burn more calories and you can do the rest.

a diet is just an excuse not to put the hard work in.

Edit: taking creatine too.

Intensive cycling is probably not the best route to gain weight :)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I only eat one meal a day; evening meal with Mrs JTB. It's not a particularly big meal and is usually veggie. But I'm still a tubster and that's despite cycling an average of almost 20 miles a day. My only other calorific intake is milk in tea.

Eat more at the weekend but I have to force it down.

HOLA4420

I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh a piddly 140lbs/10stone/65KG; but I still think it's very important to eat a reasonably clean diet - I have a tendency to put on weight around my gut despite my skinny arms and legs, which isn't a good look.

Was dating a chubby girl for a few months and got into bad eating habits with a noticeable amount of fat going on my gut in that short period. A few months post break up I've cleaned up the diet and have lost most of the fat, although there's still more fat than I'd like in that area.

I'd love to add an extra stone of muscle while remaining lean.

Typical diet at the moment is:

Breakfast: protein powder / bannana / orange / apple smoothie, with wither milk / water/ coconut water as a mixer.

Supplement Vit d3 some days and an omega 3 capsule every day. Currently firing some l-arginine into the smoothie.

Sometimes I call past the deli on the way to work and buy a couple of hard boiled eggs to up the amount of protein/fat that I'm eating.

Lunch: footlong Subway tuna sandwich with wholemeal bread and plenty of salad, but without any cheese or dressing; the moisture from the tuna and tomatoes keeps the sandwich moist enough, so hopefully it's a healthier option as far as subway goes.

Dinner: microwave rice, beans, veg and meat of some description. Sometimes bung a whole chicken in the slow cooker and have it over a few nights.

Diet's not perfect, but it's a case of trying to work out the way to eat reasonably healthy while not having to invest too much time in preparing the food. I also don't drink much booze as I generally have a low tolerance for it.

I'm a bit paranoid about getting fat but I know three blokes my own age (30) who have gotten so fat that they actually have breasts. Not joking. That's what the normal junk food/boozing lifestyle can do to ya by the age of 30. Terrifying.

Having said that, I'm a little too skinny and think a stone of lean muscle, spread evenly over me would suit me well. Probably need to add some clean lean proteins, maybe a bit of fat too.

HOLA4421

Intensive cycling is probably not the best route to gain weight :)

I appreciate this is counter-intuitive to gaining weight however it is part of the bigger picture of improving cardiovascular fitness and being able to do more reps of higher intensity and aid faster recovery.

I've upped my calorie count accordingly.

HOLA4422

I'm trying to get fitter, leaner and a bit lighter after a couple of years of sports injury, now sorted.

Lost about 5kg in 2 months so far (now ~78kg and 5'11") and maybe there's another 3-4kg to go if I want to get serious, but I'm happy enough as I feel much stronger in the legs as well as lighter.

Pulling Jr in thr bike trailer is a pretty decent workout. Effectively triples the weight of the bike to about 30kg. 20 miles of that a couple of times a week seems to be just the ticket, plus running a bit too. Not sure I could manage a big meal during the day, time constraints alone limit me to a quick meal at lunch but I prefer a more even spread in any case.

Typical food day:

Breakfast:

Weetabix or porridge, yoghurt, semi milk and some frozen blueberries/rasps.

Lunch:

Humous or cheese or tuna sarnie, or dinner leftovers or homemade soup. Piece of fruit.

Dinner:

Almost always homecooked, often veggie. Eg prawn curry, mushroom or salmon risotto, roasted butternut squash, beetroot casserole, duck fesunjen, pasta and pesto, roasted tomatoes and peppers with fried egg, coconut, tomato and lentil curry, lamb kebabs, lasagne slow cooked chicken and lentils.

Maybe a snack of fruit and/or oatcake or cream cracker as required. Also taking whey powder supplement after exercise.

HOLA4423

I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh a piddly 140lbs/10stone/65KG; but I still think it's very important to eat a reasonably clean diet - I have a tendency to put on weight around my gut despite my skinny arms and legs, which isn't a good look.

Was dating a chubby girl for a few months and got into bad eating habits with a noticeable amount of fat going on my gut in that short period. A few months post break up I've cleaned up the diet and have lost most of the fat, although there's still more fat than I'd like in that area.

I'd love to add an extra stone of muscle while remaining lean.

Typical diet at the moment is:

Breakfast: protein powder / bannana / orange / apple smoothie, with wither milk / water/ coconut water as a mixer.

Supplement Vit d3 some days and an omega 3 capsule every day. Currently firing some l-arginine into the smoothie.

Sometimes I call past the deli on the way to work and buy a couple of hard boiled eggs to up the amount of protein/fat that I'm eating.

Lunch: footlong Subway tuna sandwich with wholemeal bread and plenty of salad, but without any cheese or dressing; the moisture from the tuna and tomatoes keeps the sandwich moist enough, so hopefully it's a healthier option as far as subway goes.

Dinner: microwave rice, beans, veg and meat of some description. Sometimes bung a whole chicken in the slow cooker and have it over a few nights.

Diet's not perfect, but it's a case of trying to work out the way to eat reasonably healthy while not having to invest too much time in preparing the food. I also don't drink much booze as I generally have a low tolerance for it.

I'm a bit paranoid about getting fat but I know three blokes my own age (30) who have gotten so fat that they actually have breasts. Not joking. That's what the normal junk food/boozing lifestyle can do to ya by the age of 30. Terrifying.

Having said that, I'm a little too skinny and think a stone of lean muscle, spread evenly over me would suit me well. Probably need to add some clean lean proteins, maybe a bit of fat too.

have a look at the leangains site:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

HOLA4424

I only eat one meal a day; evening meal with Mrs JTB. It's not a particularly big meal and is usually veggie. But I'm still a tubster and that's despite cycling an average of almost 20 miles a day. My only other calorific intake is milk in tea.

Eat more at the weekend but I have to force it down.

20 miles on a bike + one moderate meal a day and still chubby? hard to credit unless you lie in bed 24/7.

are you sure you aren't snacking somewhere? fizzy drinks?

HOLA4425

I appreciate this is counter-intuitive to gaining weight however it is part of the bigger picture of improving cardiovascular fitness and being able to do more reps of higher intensity and aid faster recovery.

I've upped my calorie count accordingly.

I was being a little facetious. Just thinking about the look of your average tour rider. I think they prob do more than 20 per day though. :)

Archived