• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

People on £200k a year aren't scared to speak out they are working a system to keep their job different altogether . Of course nothing to do with the girls dysfunctional, secular white blue collar chav families was it? To say Caius is happy about rape is a pathetic addition to this debate.

UKIP will never gain ground whilst it plays to chavvy little Englander small minded goons. when it presents a manifesto that has a broad appeal to intelligent British voters of all races and creeds who are concerned about our open border policy it will then be viable.

The problem is the policies aren't small minded and xenophobic but their supporters are , you if you haven't already joined would fit in very well.

You are scum the way you refer to them as chavs as if you are somehow superior ... they were often in care and are the most vulnerable of children ,,, yet you refer to them as chavs.

You actually couldnt care less that these kids have been raped and had god know what happen to them could you.

This is the multiculturism society scum like you havebeen fighting for, for 25 years now ... hope you're happy.

HOLA448

I imagine UKIP's establishment hold their supporters in the same contempt as the other parties hold their voters. UKIP after all have a fair number of their establishment from the 1%

And they also have more then their fair share of ordinary people in high profile positions, you know the ones that get mocked by your ilk as they arent the silver tongued PC public school folk with cut glass accents.

Edited by Corruption

HOLA449

I mock people such as Carswell who are members of the UK establishment taking money from taxpayers to pay for renting and furnishing second homes whilst flipping their other property to avoid CGT. As for public school folk with cut glass accents, maybe you need to look at Farage's background. Farage, Carswell and their ilk know that leaving the EU will keep you where they think you belong.

HOLA4410

That is interesting to know, not a million miles from the interview where Farage struggled to reconcile his views on Romanians with his wifes background though.

Just saw him on telly. What is galling is not so much the appeal to 'Little Englander's but the pernicious idea that being a Little Englander is a 'refreshing change' from Westminster politics rather than a corrupt distraction.

Oh dear, not another one.

Douglas Carswell was born in Uganda and educated in Kenya. His parents were working as doctors in Africa when he was born, HELPING THE COMMUNITY WITH THEIR SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.

Could someone please explain to me just how him joining UKIP, who want CONTROLLED IMMIGRATION (numbers+skills), not NO IMMIGRATION, has any relevance whatsoever?!

The guy is also advocating a more direct democracy and is strongly in favour of localism.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The ad hominem attacks, from the usual suspects, against UKIP and those who would vote for them are coming thick and fast now.

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” - Mahatma Ghandi

You're seriously comparing Douglas Carswell to Mahatma Ghandi?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I mock people such as Carswell who are members of the UK establishment taking money from taxpayers to pay for renting and furnishing second homes whilst flipping their other property to avoid CGT. As for public school folk with cut glass accents, maybe you need to look at Farage's background. Farage, Carswell and their ilk know that leaving the EU will keep you where they think you belong.

Its incredibly hard to find a mainstream party to be electable...You have the zealots out there rooting for their own party, but one it comes down to it, they'll suck off the teat off the taxpayer, and use the power for their own ends..

UKIP would be no different...People seem to think that if we leave the EU, all will be tickety boo, seeing as we can "control our destiny"...do you think the ones in Westminster do/would run the country for our benefit?...of course not...they look after their "friends" first, and the plebs can just bugger off...

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

UKIP would be no different...People seem to think that if we leave the EU, all will be tickety boo, seeing as we can "control our destiny"...do you think the ones in Westminster do/would run the country for our benefit?...of course not...they look after their "friends" first, and the plebs can just bugger off...

Carswell left mainly because he didn't think the Tories were doing enough on constitutional reform I think. So... maybe UKIP would be different? Certainly Carswell himself would be it seems.

HOLA4417

Carswell left mainly because he didn't think the Tories were doing enough on constitutional reform I think. So... maybe UKIP would be different? Certainly Carswell himself would be it seems.

I'm sure he would like to be perceived to be, but he is someone, as they pointed out earlier, ripped us off over flipping property, and buying a £650 "love seat" with our money...sorry, but his holier than thou attitude as it were, doesn't really wash...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/douglas-carswell-650-love-seat-which-mired-ukip-mp-expenses-scandal-1462995

Carswell's own expenses claims were dragged into the spotlight, with attention focused on a super-sized 'Maximus love seat' the Tory MP bought using taxpayers' money.

Described as a 'deep moss brushed cotton' furnishing, the £655 chair caused a minor furore and was not good for the image of Carswell as a 'stand-up guy' who opposes what he perceives as the cosy, elitist cliques in charge of politics.

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Seems to me simply he felt seriously unloved by his party. He knows Clacton is 'safest' UKIP seat so he thought WTH - I'll go where people are smiling at me.

It certainly wasn't bcos of UKIPs capitalism (LOL)

HOLA4420

The ad hominem attacks, from the usual suspects, against UKIP and those who would vote for them are coming thick and fast now.

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” - Mahatma Ghandi

Yes, as I said earlier in the thread, the trolls are easy to spot. You would have thought they would've given up by now.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

It's probably too soon to get overexcited, but I noticed that the way the media treats UKIP has changed massively. Even just at the local elections they were being mocking, insulting, ignoring what the UKIP candidates actually said and just constantly trying to trick them into saying something racist, bigotted or stupid.

This time they appeared genuinely interested in the candidate and in fact the bbc news reader seemed snippier with the slippery, evasive liblabcon party drone they had on after.

Perhaps they are actually starting to realise that it is more agreeable to interview someone who actually says what he thinks rather than just spouting the usual party platitudes.

Yesterday on the radio several commentators were quoting UKIP opinions about various things and being expressed as reasonable opinions. Previously they've generally tended to insinuate a level of eccentricity (to say the least) when quoting them.

The reporting was relatively even handed (emphasis on relatively) and it was so different it was disquieting as if UKIP might have been got at :unsure: - but it's more likely they've decided that the constant attacks have been counter productive and at any rate they would be risking a hefty amount of listeners who voted for UKIP in the eu elections. That's not to say that they weren't still getting the occasional negative insinuation in from time to time as well. I imagine now that UKIP have had the massive eu election success the BBC is trying to push them into the same political bracket as the LibDem wing of the LibLabCon.

Their problem is they've underestimated the opposition to the LibLabCon party, underestimated UKIP's level of support and they've left it too late - the UKIP momentum is strong and clearly getting stronger as the general election approaches.

http://

www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?day=7&month=5&msg=UK+General+Election&p0=0&year=2015

It is 250 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4423

Its English like you i despise, bet your happy about the kids getting raped in Yorkshire due to people being scared to speak out as scum like you come out with the race card at any given opportunity.

Scum like you are the problem.

I'm not English.

Only 15% of us Welsh voted for Plaid Cymru in May, so your assertion looks rather weak.

During the first Assembly election, Plaid Cymru did better than the SNP. It's only 15 or so years ago. REgardless of that, in the last two referendums, the Welsh have voted for power to be devolved from Westminster. This suggests that they don't really support that institution. Also, opinion polls show that they have an appetite for more devolution of powers to Cardiff and that they trust politicians of that institution more than they do those at Westminster. And this is in the face of a pretty weak Welsh media and reading Londond centrice Brit nat papers. I know a couple of members of my family who I'm ashamed to say voted UKIP.....I say that because UKIP is an English party. But the Welsh can't ever be accused of being politically savvy. Their support for Labour for the best part of a century shows that. Of course, that doesn't go for a growing number of us. UKIP would be beter to morph into an outwardly English party. Their support comes mainly from the English who feel hard done by by devolution (in particular in Scotland) and immigration to predominantly English cities and the English aversion to most things foreign. As I've said before, Britian is past it's 'Best By' date.

HOLA4424

I'm not English.

During the first Assembly election, Plaid Cymru did better than the SNP. It's only 15 or so years ago. REgardless of that, in the last two referendums, the Welsh have voted for power to be devolved from Westminster. This suggests that they don't really support that institution. Also, opinion polls show that they have an appetite for more devolution of powers to Cardiff and that they trust politicians of that institution more than they do those at Westminster. And this is in the face of a pretty weak Welsh media and reading Londond centrice Brit nat papers. I know a couple of members of my family who I'm ashamed to say voted UKIP.....I say that because UKIP is an English party. But the Welsh can't ever be accused of being politically savvy. Their support for Labour for the best part of a century shows that. Of course, that doesn't go for a growing number of us. UKIP would be beter to morph into an outwardly English party. Their support comes mainly from the English who feel hard done by by devolution (in particular in Scotland) and immigration to predominantly English cities and the English aversion to most things foreign. As I've said before, Britian is past it's 'Best By' date.

The 2011 referendum had a low turnout of around 35% and while the result was almost two-to-one in favour of more powers, there was no "No" campaign to give the contrary view, due to the arcane rules of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.

_51529987_wales_results464x414.gif

Many people voted UKIP in Wales in May - they almost topped the poll, and had nearly double the vote of Plaid Cymru.

There are many people in Wales who regard themselves as British, so it's not an outmoded concept as you state.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12482561

Edited by 1929crash

HOLA4425

The 2011 referendum had a low turnout of around 35% and while the result was almost two-to-one in favour of more powers, there was no "No" campaign to give the contrary view, due to the arcane rules of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.

_51529987_wales_results464x414.gif

Many people voted UKIP in Wales in May - they almost topped the poll, and had nearly double the vote of Plaid Cymru.

There are many people in Wales who regard themselves as British, so it's not an outmoded concept as you state.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12482561

There was a 'No' campaign carried out by a group calling themselves 'True Wales' headed by Rachell Banner. It was a shambles. Quite similar in fact to the Bi9tter Together campaign of scare stories. If the UK was such a roaring success, there would not be a referendum in Scotland at the moment. In fact, you could say that it started to be dismanlted when Ireland left almost a century ago. If you know your history, it's been a proccess of 'devolution' ever since which has speeded up in the lst decade or so.

Regarding the Welsh and being British.....in the last census, the majority of the Welsh identified themselves as being Welsh only. There was a minority who viewed themselves as being Welsh and British or British only.. In fact, it was the same in Scotland and in England too......ie in those countries too the majority viewd themselves as either being Scotish or English only.