House Price Crash Forum

Only £760 A Month....

Timak

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Contact mohammed or Nazi...ha, I guess those of the Hebrew faith need not apply.

I like how they advertise on street parking as 'parking'

Why not mention renting it also entitles you to 'street lights' and 'bin collection'

Small kitchenette...ive seen bigger childs play kitchens.

Ideal for professionals. Because what professional wouldn't want to live in a bunk bed precariously chained to the ceiling and balanced on a wardrobe.

Most surprised they missed off other quality fixture, such as 'bog roll holder' 'light bulb' and 'door handle'

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Listing reported to Zoopla.

The problem is the bigger picture of regulation, agents and Zoopla/Rightmove listing such properties. Years ago such bedsits were confined to corner shop window cards.

http://www.pioneeragency.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/PioneerEstateAgency

Daniel Kayne
nT-lK07cKJr.png
nT-lK07cKJr.png
nT-lK07cKJr.png
nT-lK07cKJr.png
nT-lK07cKJr.png
xMpKXyYhXMv.png
xMpKXyYhXMv.png
xMpKXyYhXMv.png
xMpKXyYhXMv.png
xMpKXyYhXMv.png
I can honestly say I have never experienced an agency like it, as a landlord I'm saying this so for a tenant I stress avoid at all cost this office based agency, they are the most unprofessional company with the lowest standard and morale I have ever come across in my time dealing with properties, I would advise any landlord to run a mile when being called by this agent, any tenancy agreement they make they will not adhere to and will actually be rude to you on the phone, my dealing with them is so bad that as a person who never complains ever I have decided to go all the way with governing bodies regarding this fraudulent estate agency.

And Conservative MP's voted against regulating agents!

HOLA447
HOLA448

The Guardian links to the listing in the OP in this article:

Landlord fined for renting room that could only be entered on all fours

Many people crawl into bed at the end of a long day but tenants in a north London house were forced to crawl on all fours to access their rented room.

Barnet council took the landlord of a house in Sunningfields Road, Hendon, to court after discovering he was renting a room which could not be accessed standing up. The head height along the course of the staircase was between 0.7m (27.5 inches) and 1.2m (47 inches) high and the door to the room was also reduced in size.

Even a three-year-old child of average height would not be able to walk upright all the way up the stairs.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your email.

You have contacted Zoopla Property Group and although we appreciate your feedback, we only advertise on the agents behalf therefore can not dictate what they have instruction to sell.

I would advise that you contact the agent with regards to this and express your concerns.

Kind regards,

Charlene McCalla
Member Services Executive
Zoopla Customer Services

T - 0844 502 1000
E - usersupport@zoopla.co.uk

Did we wow you today?
https://www.surveymk.com/s/JFBXLQ3

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Essentially a room in a house for £760 a month. :rolleyes:

Chains on the bed - kinky! :ph34r: Mind you, there doesn't look like there's much head room over the bed for any trists of passion. :blink:

Even so, I would hazard that any vigorous action on that gimcrack 'captain's bed' will cause it to come away from the chains and topple over the wardrobes. This Heath Robinson arrangement looks like a Health and Safety nightmare to me. :(

HOLA4417

The near vertical aluminium ladder idea for access to the bunk bed must come from the overnight sleeper trains and the overnight ferry crossings. That or movies like the Titanic.

For regular access there's normally a handrail provided for safety

Edited by billybong

HOLA4418

Subject to the rail timetable if you work near London Kings Cross you could get an early reclining Sleeper Seated Advance Single to Scotland for about £30 so 7 days return would be about £420. Heated accommodation, toilets and wash basin thrown in - luxury. Leave early evening and be back in the morning

Food and drink available. At the economy price levels you have to pay for the food and drink - not everything's thrown in.

Use the Sleeper Advance Single and you even get a bunk but a weeks return would be about £800.

http://

www.scotrail.co.uk/tickets/fares-and-tickets#caledonian-sleeper

Probably those running the trains have bought plenty of bunk bed BTLs so the sleeper niche in the BTL market has probably already been closed. For instance the sleepers don't run on Saturday nights. Probably along the same principle that caravan parks are only open 11 months of the year. Closing the loopholes.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4419
HOLA4420