House Price Crash Forum

Nick Clegg Clashes With Nigel Farage

gf3

HOLA441

Last night Sky News's Botox Burley briefly interviewed some unremarkable old boiler who calls herself the Fleet Street Fox.

Her most astute observation was that Farage appeared to sweat more than Clegg.

Welcome to professional political commentary in 2014.

Yes I saw another political commentator noting approvingly that Clegg was drinking a lot of water to stop him sweating - "a professional trick of the trade" - apparently. Obviously Farage is just not up to it if he is not party to such wisdom.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Same here, paid IN FOR FORTY YEARS and cannot even get JSA because i have a small pension,

Yep that's me £550 a month pension mortgage £420 council tax £100 doesn't give you much to live on. And then you hear story's of people that have never worked getting £26,000.

HOLA443

Yes I saw another political commentator noting approvingly that Clegg was drinking a lot of water to stop him sweating - "a professional trick of the trade" - apparently. Obviously Farage is just not up to it if he is not party to such wisdom.

Wondered why he was drinking so much. Sweating or not, he still lost the argument IMO.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Yep that's me £550 a month pension mortgage £420 council tax £100 doesn't give you much to live on. And then you hear story's of people that have never worked getting £26,000.

Yes and some who just come from abroad just to join the milk train with no intention of ever working, How sad is it for people like Clegg wanting to burden us with people like this.

Oh he,s the same guy who wants to give amnesty to the 100s of thousands of illegals then the can legally bring more people over to mess it up even more for the young and the rest of us in this country. He says they will come out and pay tax, :lol:

HOLA446

Listening to the post mortem debates after last nights EU in or out debate, that unremarkably went unmentioned on the BBC Radio 4 News, it was patently obvious that Nigel won the debate. However judging by the response on LBC today where Public School Lefty presenter, James O'Brien slagged off Nigel Farage with the usual - racist, xenophobic, homophobic slurs so beloved of the Left, it's pretty obvious that UKIP will be showered with a slurry of sh@t from all sides hereon until the next General election. The same thing is happening in France with the Front National, where almost twenty percent of the indigenous French population who support stopping unconditional immigration and controlling borders are labelled as facists, Nazis and xenophobes, not to mention two thirds of the population labelled homophobes for having the audacity to contest gay marriage and adoption.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA447

Listening to the post mortem debates after last nights EU in or out debate, that unremarkably went unmentioned on the BBC Radio 4 News, it was patently obvious that Nigel won the debate. However judging by the response on LBC today where Public School Lefty presenter, James O'Brien slagged off Nigel Farage with the usual - racist, xenophobic, homophobic slurs so beloved of the Left, it's pretty obvious that UKIP will be showered with a slurry of sh@t from all sides hereon until the next General election. The same thing is happening in France with the Front National, where almost twenty percent of the indigenous French population who support stopping unconditional immigration and controlling borders are labelled as facists, Nazis and xenophobes, not to mention two thirds of the population labelled homophobes for having the audacity to contest gay marriage and adoption.

Some interesting debate on gay marriage and children on QT tonight, plus HTB and the housing bubble, Diane Abbott came closest to pinning the tail on the donkey by saying that if no one in Hackney can buy a house on an average wage then there is something wrong with the housing market, unfortunately she didn`t go all Eric Pebble and really spell it out. The rest of the panel just pretended that the price is set by "demand" and that there is a "ladder", some young people in the audience seemed thick enough to believe this.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Think forgetting the words, or not even knowing the words, or the language, but trying to lip synch along, badly :lol: Not half as scary as the way he was looking at KB though.

Right. Our former SoS for Wales. Didn't have him down as an old letch. Sounds funny/scary - I've had a quick Google but can't find a clip.

Edited by oldsport

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I would like to see him in a boxing match with Miliband. Round two of this debate is scheduled for soon on BBC 2 I think.

Anyone got polling info for UKIP following this opening debate?

If its Miliband I would prefer the opponent to be Tyson ,and no ref....

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I've just taken a look at Lib Dem Voice and they are really sore about Nasty Nigel's 'blood on its hands' comment. In fact, I get the distinct impression that nutters like the so-called equalities minister (only sexual, gender and sexual orientation mind you - not social class) Lynne Featherstone would quite like a nuclear war with Russia over gay rights.

Yes, I thought it was absurd - and then it dawned on me - most of the dead would be heterosexuals.

HOLA4420

That is just the Clegg/Cameron argument. Farage is going a step further though, he is saying that the UK takes control whether the EU likes it or not, not doing whatever Norway does. At a guess there are far fewer unskilled Brits working in the EZ than the other way around, and the ones that live/ work abroad have the skills/money that that country wants, nothing will change. As he said the EZ needs us as a consumer of their goods, they are not in a position to call the shots?

So Farage sees the UK as continuing to be a net consumer/importer from the EU rather than a net exporter? Given the government/private debt position of the UK compared to the rest of the EU how sustainable is that? In reality the UK will have to become a net exporter to the EU and if it wants to be in that position it will have to play by the EU rules in or out.

Edited by campervanman

HOLA4421

So Farage sees the UK as continuing to be a net consumer/importer from the EU rather than a net exporter? Given the government/private debt position of the UK compared to the rest of the EU how sustainable is that? In reality the UK will have to become a net exporter to the EU and if it wants to be in that position it will have to play by the EU rules in or out.

From what I can see having a trade deficit isn't a problem. If you have a trade surplus more fool you . Because in the end you wont get paid. All the money counties are making by selling stuff to us is being recycled into London property. With QE buying our bonds is pointless.

Edited by gf3

HOLA4422

From what I can see having a trade deficit isn't a problem. If you have a trade surplus more fool you then more fool you. Because in the end you wont get paid. All the money counties are making by selling stuff to us is being recycled into London property. With QE buying are bonds is pointless.

But you can only run a deficit over decades as the UK has done, if capital flows in, and it has done, and I am not sure why.

In any event, it seems to me that sterling is still enjoying something of a reserve currency status, albeit in the shadow of the US dollar.

The question is what will happen when sterling loses this unofficial status, perhaps when Russia asks for payment for gas in gold or Euros?

HOLA4423

Can`t happen it the current form he says, because the failing EZ project is collapsing the incomes of many of it`s "citizens", our exports to them are dropping every year. Farage says we need to negotiate trade deals with countries around the globe, including individual European ones when it all falls down. Britain has survived as a trading nation for hundreds of years, I can`t see the demise of a vanity project run by a few dozen individuals stopping us in our tracks?

HOLA4424

From what I can see having a trade deficit isn't a problem. If you have a trade surplus more fool you . Because in the end you wont get paid. All the money counties are making by selling stuff to us is being recycled into London property. With QE buying our bonds is pointless.

Do you really believe that? You might as well say that rising house prices aren't a problem because it is the lenders that have a problem not the people who borrow too much.

HOLA4425

Do you really believe that? You might as well say that rising house prices aren't a problem because it is the lenders that have a problem not the people who borrow too much.

A bank it theory do a risk assessment when lending money. I have never heard of a bank doing a risk assessment when people are depositing money. When people queued up outside northern rock they thought they may lose their money.

When Germany sell us their cars and only take money in exchange they risk being paid back in a devalued currency. And ultimately if we carry on buying more than we sell people wont get as much back as they give us.

With houses people can be forced out of their house. Germany would have to go to war to get their money.

Edited by gf3