House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Of course you knew I sold. The day after I sold you were asking me questions on removing the money from an exchange and implications regarding tax. You then proceeded to change your original plans from setting a sell order at $85K, to blind panic, selling just one day later. Well done anyway for achieving your own personal moon. Here's the chain of events mate to refresh your memory: 😉 

Oh dear. 😂

I haven't the best of memory but I recall that time very well...I think you can take credit for the decision to sell @MonsieurCopperCrutchand not only in respect of your BTC.

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA442
5 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

MUSK AND SALYOR ARE BACK

@MonsieurCopperCrutchSaylor is "smarter' than Musk, who is a bit of a loose canon, and has a business brain and well as a genius' brain.  I suspect Saylor has more plans to use BTC to further his business aims.. Not sure Saylor's involvement is a good thing given the need for centralisation.🤔

Edited by Buffer Bear
Added info. and new twitter post

HOLA443
6 hours ago, markyh said:

Noticed on the 6hr chart the price is really pushing trying to get above and close above the 21 MA. Should have a nice little pump when that breaks. 

There's quite a bit of resistance down here, but yeah once it gets through it should climb quite nicely.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
10 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Looks like a new bunch of investors jumped on HMS Bitcoin in the last dip. 

And more who have yet to disclose I bet.

Link to interview, below.

"Bitcoin's greatest risk is its success" (Ray Dalio 24.5.21)

@Peter Hun@PeanutButter@TheCountOfNowhere

https://www.coindesk.com/consensus-ray-dalio-i-have-some-bitcoin

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA448
HOLA449
16 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

@warpighope you're happy with your savings plan. Do you do your charts at night, when at work? 🤔 The last one had additional detail which I found useful for my learning.  Thank you.

Whenever I see something worth adding really, it only takes a few moments. I guess you're refering to the Fibonacci retracement explanation. If you want to know something just ask... I'm always happy to explain things.

We'll see how the cryptos perform from here... Profit makes me happy! 😎

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
14 hours ago, markyh said:

I'm still calling for a repeat of 2013, 2 stage bull run, 4-5 month mini bear market, then regain of ATH in Autumn and blow off top $200k+ in December. 

We have had stage one, May 2020 to April 2021 ,  long slow grind back to $65k the a massive run up November / December. 

The only unknown is was a 55% correction from $65k enough, or do we need a restest of $20k and hold support? 

@markyh

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, warpig said:

Whenever I see something worth adding really, it only takes a few moments. I guess you're refering to the Fibonacci retracement explanation. If you want to know something just ask... I'm always happy to explain things.

We'll see how the cryptos perform from here... Profit makes me happy! 😎

👍  Thanks @warpigI play with Kraken's trading charts from time to time out of interest more than understanding and try to fit @markyhcommentary to them.  I'll keep watching what you post...

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Do we see a theme continuing albeit one Nobel laureate is yet to reverse?

Shiller has always been a bitcoin skeptic. In 2017, he said that the best example of “irrational exuberance or speculative bubbles” was bitcoin. In 2018, he said that it looks like a bubble and questioned whether the cryptocurrency will be around in 100 years. Nonetheless, he noted, “I don’t mean to be dismissive of bitcoin,” adding that something good may come out of cryptocurrency.

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
21 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Starting to sound like the Halifax/Telegraph/Daily Express etc.

Anyone investing since FEB is nursing BIG losses 

Luckily they're in it for the longer term so it's only a loss on paper. 

Let's see what these losses look like at the back end of the year

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just pick a timeframe that supports your erroneous ideas.

If you want to play this pathetic game of hindsight, anyone investing  last year or last weekend is making big gains.

Edited by wighty

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I bought 2013/14 and 2018/20. To date I have made six figure £££ gainz, and in the last 3 weeks, lost six figure gainz, and still have six figure £££ gainz. 

Confusing why everyone has panicked. Everyone buying crypto should expect a period of paper losses from entry, or paper losses of big gainz. But it is still true in any 4 year period from Market entry no one has ever lost money in Bitcoin. 

HOLA4425
53 minutes ago, fatspanner said:

Luckily they're in it for the longer term so it's only a loss on paper. 

Let's see what these losses look like at the back end of the year

I thijnk BTC will have a future given what we are seeing in the banking industry.

I am more and more convinced that there has been a banking crisis and they are not making it public.

They're happy to look through inflation because they have no choice.

The system is broken. Seriously broken.  If you have a store of wealth outside of the banking system, right now, that might not be a bad thing.

Do I think Bitcoin is worth £30,000, who knows, A loaf of bread might be worth that soon.