House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
21 minutes ago, dannyf said:

Agreed nobody can answer for you. What does that initial investment of 1k mean to you. Would it be a big deal if you did lose it?

Early on I sold out almost half of my bitcoin at around $1k because I got over emotional with the profit, when really I didn’t need that money and it was of no risk to me to lose it. I wish I hadn’t.

I got rid of half of one back in 2017 for just under 4 grand. Psychologically it's good because it means I can never lose on BTC as I was in for a grand too. If it goes to zero, a 300% return in 4 years beats even batshit mental HPI returns.

Shoulda woulda coulda left it be, but it could go to a million or it could go to zero.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
40 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Btw, for anyone who was involved in any of the earlier airdrops / forks, we hit $50k earlier effectively.

I forgot about those. Bitcoin Cash is 500 quid now 🐵

Might do a bit of liquidating!

HOLA445
HOLA446
11 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

$48,974.90 - on it's way back up. Will we get there by end of day (UK)?

That's quite a push for 6 hours, although that has easily been done in a few minutes before. I reckon end of the day US (PT) time, 8am our time. Give time for any Americans to buy a few more!

HOLA447
2 hours ago, dannyf said:

Agreed nobody can answer for you. What does that initial investment of 1k mean to you. Would it be a big deal if you did lose it?

Early on I sold out almost half of my bitcoin at around $1k because I got over emotional with the profit, when really I didn’t need that money and it was of no risk to me to lose it. I wish I hadn’t.

If you are going to sell but do not need the fiat then sell only to recoup your initial investment if you must. Otherwise hodl. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, Frugal Git said:

Btw, for anyone who was involved in any of the earlier airdrops / forks, we hit $50k earlier effectively.

Bcash and BSV i sold in 2019, Hex i hold, Bitcoin Gold i and Bitcoin Diamond and many others i have not yet claimed. I will look at them again when i think we are well into Alt season.  

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
9 hours ago, Frugal Git said:

She’s happy. I bought her a present .... 10 days mining profits should cover that 😂 - and that’s without any further appreciation of the sats accumulated

(Leccy looks like it’s about £1.75 per day, making £14/39000 sats days per day at the moment)

I hope the gift was Bitcoin.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
39 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

I hope the gift was Bitcoin.

Nope - a plant 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s what she wanted 😂

she’s not exactly a believer. I remember when we first met in early 2017, in the early throws of love she told me her worries about how we would cope long term with life and it’s challenges. 

I said ‘don’t worry darling, I’ve got bitcoin!!’ - the price then was around $1300 - it had just passed 1oz gold/1btc. 

she looked at me like I was utterly bonkers (she’d never heard of it), and which I sort of am.

Especially as my next statement was ‘and some ethereum too - just in case’. 

Still today, at 37x the price of btc, and probably 100x the eth price, me spending a few pence on leccy worries her 😁 I appreciate that - she’s way more cautious and risk adverse on finance than me, which overall is no bad thing in combination with my messed up brain.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

There was a way until late last year, when Bitcoin ETPs were still SIPPable and ISAable.

Now it will involve you moving abroad to a favourable jurisdiction, to cash out. A complete break with the UK for maybe 6 years.

Isle of Man / Channel Islands

Portugal

maybe Germany

maybe others...

Edited by RodCrosby