HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I have a confession.

Two decades ago, my partner gave birth to my first son, a dribbling, incontinent, rambling, incompetent imbecile.

Ashamed, we locked him away in an attic, convinced that he would be incapable of fulfilling any useful or viable role in society.

I have now changed my mind; he has a future.

I intend to wheel him out as the next local Tory Party MP candidate.

I think he has a good chance.

HOLA449

'In the interview, Mr Cameron insists it is the right policy to tackle the “broken” housing market which requires young professionals, such as teachers and nurses to provide a £40,000 or £50,000 deposit.'

Dear Dave,

The reason they need a £50,000 deposit is because property prices are too high.

I guess the real reason for the early introduction is SHEER PANIC as you need to prop up the housing market, apparently asking prices in London are FALLING, but not to worry it is due to the weather.

Yours,

X-conservative voter

The best thing Dave could have done was to let the whole thing collapse the day after the Tories (sorry Coalition) got into power. The blame could have been laid squarely on the Labour party and Gordon Brown. Instead what we are getting now is a competition as who can kick the inevitable down the road to the furthest and not be caught in power when the shit hits the fan.

It is sad and pathetic and ruining our country but I suppose other than selling each other houses we have duck all left

The Mash had it spot on years ago:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/government-orders-everyone-to-move-house-200808051153

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The best thing Dave could have done was to let the whole thing collapse the day after the Tories (sorry Coalition) got into power. The blame could have been laid squarely on the Labour party and Gordon Brown. Instead what we are getting now is a competition as who can kick the inevitable down the road to the furthest and not be caught in power when the shit hits the fan.

It is sad and pathetic and ruining our country but I suppose other than selling each other houses we have duck all left

The Mash had it spot on years ago:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/government-orders-everyone-to-move-house-200808051153

+1

HOLA4412

it is simple. Labour is now 11% front of the Tories ... they will do now anything to win elections. I mean they will do all the bad things ..

That's it! Milliband wants govt to determine the cost of energy, now Cameron wants to go one better and let govt determine the cost of housing too!

At this rate, by the time the GE rolls round they'll both be unveiling North Korea-style 5 year plans for prices and incomes while jointly celebrating the death of the market.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Cameron: "I am not prepared to be a prime minister of a country with caps on aspiration."

Reaction from Carly Michelle Jolley via ITV News:

"5% is still a lot though. We have a lot of new builds being built near us

and for a home that would suit our needs, we'd still need a large deposit.

Surely mortgages should be based on what you can afford to pay back?"

Ann Pettifor's inspired 'Alice in Wongaland' description works on so many levels.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Good. The market can fail sooner. HTB2 = 20% requires deposit down as I remember it, so buyers have to put their own skin into overpaying.

New Homes division of our EA absolutely flat out making hay while sun shines on the back of Help to Buy. New Homes collegues starting to become a little nervous that the government will actually go through with making Help to Buy available to the second hand market from January 2014 which will collapse demand for their overpriced offerings overnight.

HOLA4418

Cameron: "I am not prepared to be a prime minister of a country with caps on aspiration."

Reaction from Carly Michelle Jolley via ITV News:

"5% is still a lot though. We have a lot of new builds being built near us

and for a home that would suit our needs, we'd still need a large deposit.

Surely mortgages should be based on what you can afford to pay back?"

Ann Pettifor's inspired 'Alice in Wongaland' description works on so many levels.

This Carly Michelle Jolley?.... https://en-gb.facebook.com/sainsburys/posts/10151976145579377

HOLA4419

Aspiration blocker more like, from my point of view. He thinks younger people aspire to massive debt? To become debt-slaves to help keep up the value of older owners homes, and stop those who over-borrowed from failing, and prop up over-leveraged greedy landlords.

Major was honest, let the market play itself out, and got the votes, despite recession and falling prices. Load of vote winners from people finally able to trade up in his age group, and others able to buy for the first time.

But Major won and he won more votes than any British party leader has ever won - before or since. The most votes Margaret Thatcher ever received were 13,760,935 (in 1987). Blair won 13,518,167 votes in his 1997 landslide victory. Two years ago 10,703,654 voted for Cameron's Conservative Party. In 1992 John Major won 14,093,007 votes. How did he do it?

In 1992 John Major got on his famous soapbox and presented himself as a man of the people who understood the pressures on ordinary families and understood that a recession-struck nation simply couldn't afford Labour.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Doesn't this news and HTB2 just slap the face of first time buyers.

HTB1 appeared to offer first time buyers an exclusive leg-up: including a 5 year window of opportunity to prioritise repaying the 75% mortgage over the 20% equity loan.

Now, HTB2 comes along and removes that offsetting assistance and opens the market to everyone. Meaning that house prices overheat again.

When the government says this about HTB2: "However, you won’t be able to get a Help to Buy mortgage guarantee if you’re planning on renting out the property." How can that be proved? BTL purchases can lie and claim they change their minds anyway...

Andrew

HOLA4422

Stephen Nolan on BBC R5 Live will be having a bit on this accelerated HtB in the next hour.

Kicked off already with a string of criticism of HtB.

Guest sates it will encourage people to buy what they can't afford.

00.13 "House prices need to come down.." said twice by male guest. ... "HtB is a bad idea.."...

00.16 Debate now becoming confused with the issue of rising energy prices and fracking controversy.

HOLA4423

New Homes collegues starting to become a little nervous that the government will actually go through with making Help to Buy available to the second hand market from January 2014 which will collapse demand for their overpriced offerings overnight.

Thats a good point. New builds falling on this or rising?

The next few months will be popcorn time for one reason or another, Im certain none of the architects of this have the faintest clue what effect it will actually have, bizarre market manipulation on an unprecedented scale, are these guys sitting back in leather chairs with brandy and cigars and just laughing their asses off at this intervention? What will this do? Who knows!! hahahaha!!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425