House Price Crash Forum

Phil Spencer - Secret Agent

HOLA441

any one watching?

Phil as a secret agent does not appear to be faring too well this week. (and he didn't last week either).

House 1

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36109006.html

this older couple said they had had one low offer, so didn't sell.

According to property bee, they "sold" in January, it fell through, then they "sold" again in March.

So both "solds" were awhile after Phil's visit. Maybe they are now having to lower their "sold" price? They have not lowered their asking price though.

House 2

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35776891.html?premiumA=true

House left to son and daughter after mother died. Despite Phil advising a decorate and spruce up, he can't persuade them to budge on price, so it is still for sale and has been since September, still with no reduction in asking price. :rolleyes: Viewers agree with Phil that the asking price is too much.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Yes, I'm watching it. Mainly as it doesn't wind me up at all because thing property isn't being snapped up at all.

Did just witness Phil say to a house viewer "Well, look buyers are literally queuing up!" - camera pan to 5 people standing outside the house they'd obviously placed there.

HOLA443

Yes, I'm watching it. Mainly as it doesn't wind me up at all because thing property isn't being snapped up at all.

Did just witness Phil say to a house viewer "Well, look buyers are literally queuing up!" - camera pan to 5 people standing outside the house they'd obviously placed there.

:lol: Yes hilarious, how "the crowd" all marched in together.

HOLA444

House 1...Interesting how they had 2 offers just after Christmas, and they took the higher one, which obviously fell through. Wonder if this recent 2nd sale will go through now?

And house 2, the sister obviously willing to reduce a lot and the brother thinks the spring will bring along a magical buyer who will be willing to overpay what it is worth.

HOLA445

any one watching?

Phil as a secret agent does not appear to be faring too well this week. (and he didn't last week either).

House 1

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36109006.html

this older couple said they had had one low offer, so didn't sell.

According to property bee, they "sold" in January, it fell through, then they "sold" again in March.

So both "solds" were awhile after Phil's visit. Maybe they are now having to lower their "sold" price? They have not lowered their asking price though.

House 2

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35776891.html?premiumA=true

House left to son and daughter after mother died. Despite Phil advising a decorate and spruce up, he can't persuade them to budge on price, so it is still for sale and has been since September, still with no reduction in asking price. :rolleyes: Viewers agree with Phil that the asking price is too much.

Worse still for house 2 - EPC done in March 2012, so I reckon it's been on the market for 12 months plus - still "he's not going to give it away is he?" Yes, he actually did say it... :lol:

HOLA446

Didn't pay much attention to house 1 but I quite liked house 2 in all it's retro 60s goodness on 3 storeys (stories?).

Wasn't too impressed with the stairwell glass replacement mind. It looked like it was plonked over the original 'scaffolding' . £400 for that ? :blink:

At least the daughter of the late owner seem to have come around to accepting a lower offer for the house but the bloody minded son seems quite reluctant to do so. :angry: One of the viewers said that she thought it was worth around £480-490k, so still quite a lot of money. He was in cloud cuckoo land, as he used brand new houses being built nearby as a pricing benchmark - "around £700k" .:rolleyes:

HOLA447

Worse still for house 2 - EPC done in March 2012, so I reckon it's been on the market for 12 months plus - still "he's not going to give it away is he?" Yes, he actually did say it... :lol:

Yes the typical greedy sellers fave phrase is still being wheeled out. :rolleyes:

HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm re-watching it on Channel 4 +1 as missed some of the beginning. The son is everything about a seller you wouldn't want, can't see the faults in the house, even the estate agent (the second one they'd used, the first must have given up) said "Well it's extremely optimistic to sell this for anything over £500k, although we did persuade them to drop the price from the previous asking" I did catch it first time round where he said those immortal words. "I'm not giving it away" ha ha ha awesome.

This is why I really don't mind this programme, Phil Spencer is actually telling people their expectations are unrealistic which is quite stunning.

HOLA4410

is this the bloke whose company finding buyers houses collapsed owing money?

its strange who people trust when they want advice on selling their house.

That's the one. If he's really bankrupt then he really needs to keep talking the market down, might help him get back on the property ladder.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

No.2 house is owned by a greedy Boomer - It is people like that of that age group who ruined the country.

hope he rots in hell.

He is a greedy person who is losing money month on month as they will have to be paying council tax and bills by now. Does anyone know what sort of council tax they must be stumping up ?

Also 1/2 a million quid is not giving it away, assuming the parents didn't mew to buggery before popping off.

Edited by Ulfar

HOLA4414

He is a greedy person who is losing money month on month as they will have to be paying council tax and bills by now. Does anyone know what sort of council tax they must be stumping up ?

I know Weybridge pretty well, it's generally expensive, so that house wouldn't be anything too special around there. I'd say they were around Band E/F

http://www.elmbridge...x/ctaxbands.htm

Edit: To do the maths, about 180 a month. September - April, 8 months = £1440

Edited by Starla

HOLA4415

did not realise weybridge house was an inherited property

this made him not so much a 'greedy boomer' as a greedy inheriter who should be grateful to get half of half a million for a house I wouldn't get out of the car for. Is Weybridge really that pricy and nice?

reduce the price, sell it and move on - as your sister wanted to (she at least was sensible)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Didn't pay much attention to house 1 but I quite liked house 2 in all it's retro 60s goodness on 3 storeys (stories?).

Wasn't too impressed with the stairwell glass replacement mind. It looked like it was plonked over the original 'scaffolding' . £400 for that ? :blink:

At least the daughter of the late owner seem to have come around to accepting a lower offer for the house but the bloody minded son seems quite reluctant to do so. :angry: One of the viewers said that she thought it was worth around £480-490k, so still quite a lot of money. He was in cloud cuckoo land, as he used brand new houses being built nearby as a pricing benchmark - "around £700k" .:rolleyes:

I was wondering how much that glass replacement in the stairwell was going to cost, when they said £400 I thought jeez that's a lot. The flat I bought a couple of years ago has loads of similar reinforced/safety glass panels up all the stairwells and about 10 on my balcony, must of cost a fortune to put it all in.

that 60's house reminded me a little of the 2 storey brick holiday chalets you get in Norfolk.

Yes he was totally deluded. As the stamp duty goes up over £500k (I think) it would of been best to try £499,950 or below.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

did not realise weybridge house was an inherited property

this made him not so much a 'greedy boomer' as a greedy inheriter who should be grateful to get half of half a million for a house I wouldn't get out of the car for. Is Weybridge really that pricy and nice?

reduce the price, sell it and move on - as your sister wanted to (she at least was sensible)

I work in Weybirdge so know the area pretty well. Weybridge really is that pricey!.

I actually think the property is quite quirky, although £535k is mental for a house that clearly needs a bit of work.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Are they actually house-hunting? I know one of the viewers and she's not actually looking to move.

Can we have the scoop on this? I've always wondered where they get these viewers from, or why they pick particular ones and if they're really viewers at all?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425