House Price Crash Forum

Huhne Is A Disgrace

Thunderbird 900

HOLA441

This EX Politician is an absolute disgrace. All this hand wringing and apologetic nonsense just ain't good enough.

He seems to have no shame, no morals or understanding of what is right and what is wrong.

Just think...this piece of shxt could have been our current Deputy Prime Minister. I'm sure if this had happened the speeding points problem would have been quietly buried.

"Shamed former MP Chris Huhne has grabbed one last lump of taxpayers' cash by buying a £600 iPad on his expenses just before he quit.Shortly before he pleaded guilty in court to asking his ex-wife to take his speeding points, the Lib Dem decided to treat himself to a top of the range Apple tablet."

"Huhne received £17,207 - three months of his salary - when he quit the cabinet claiming he was innocent and would clear his name."

"He is also able to take a £70,000 severance package on quitting as an MP, also from the public purse."

"The criminal politician does not have to give the iPad back as IPSA, the expenses watchdog, says pursuing him through the courts would be 'disproportionate to the benefit."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274855/Fury-Huhne-bought-600-iPad-expenses-quitting-MP-Clegg-demanding-pay-amends-taxpayer.html#axzz2JlkF78BE

HOLA442

This EX Politician is an absolute disgrace. All this hand wringing and apologetic nonsense just ain't good enough.

He seems to have no shame, no morals or understanding of what is right and what is wrong.

Just think...this piece of shxt could have been our current Deputy Prime Minister. I'm sure if this had happened the speeding points problem would have been quietly buried.

"Shamed former MP Chris Huhne has grabbed one last lump of taxpayers' cash by buying a £600 iPad on his expenses just before he quit.Shortly before he pleaded guilty in court to asking his ex-wife to take his speeding points, the Lib Dem decided to treat himself to a top of the range Apple tablet."

"Huhne received £17,207 - three months of his salary - when he quit the cabinet claiming he was innocent and would clear his name."

"He is also able to take a £70,000 severance package on quitting as an MP, also from the public purse."

"The criminal politician does not have to give the iPad back as IPSA, the expenses watchdog, says pursuing him through the courts would be 'disproportionate to the benefit."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274855/Fury-Huhne-bought-600-iPad-expenses-quitting-MP-Clegg-demanding-pay-amends-taxpayer.html#axzz2JlkF78BE

Doesn't he have enough already? He has 10 BTLs or thereabouts. Pure greed.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Look at the way he treated his own son and what his son says about him. Anyone got the text?

I'm not aware he did anything to his son, and TBH I find those emails and texts rather heart-breaking. To lose the love of your children must be a terrible thing, far worse than prison. For that, he gets my sympathy, but for nothing else.

I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space were it not that I have bad dreams

HOLA449

I'm not aware he did anything to his son, and TBH I find those emails and texts rather heart-breaking. To lose the love of your children must be a terrible thing, far worse than prison. For that, he gets my sympathy, but for nothing else.

Why? If I found out my old man was having it off with a self confessed bi sexual who looked like a bloke and all behind my mothers back I would be pretty peeved.

Think the fact he continued to deny the former wife's version of events (which it now seems is true in so far as she did take the points) so the police charged her with conspiracy to pervert.

If he had put his hands up early on this might not have happened.

The son has every right to feel betrayed, my sympathies are with him.....

Huhne in not putting his hands up sooner and knowing he was a law breaker and as a minister a law maker deserves not one ounce in my book.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

As a longtime HPC is fond of saying...

The rules, are the rules.

:D

No room for morality or decency when there are rules you can follow instead... :(

thats right...the rules are the rules...

that doesnt make them right or this guy a get out of being a long term criminal.

Still, if there were no rules, there would be nothing to wrile against.

HOLA4412

As a longtime HPC is fond of saying...

The rules, are the rules.

:D

No room for morality or decency when there are rules you can follow instead... :(

thats right...the rules are the rules...

that doesnt make them right or this guy a get out of being a long term criminal.

Still, if there were no rules, there would be nothing to wrile against.

And actually the ipad still belongs to the taxpayer..it cant be his personal possession IF he got the employer to buy it

""It was queer seeing the kriminalsekretär, who had ordered Eva to be whipped.The others were sadists, but he was just correct. You cannot do anything with people who are correct. ""

HOLA4413

Why? If I found out my old man was having it off with a self confessed bi sexual who looked like a bloke and all behind my mothers back I would be pretty peeved.

Think the fact he continued to deny the former wife's version of events (which it now seems is true in so far as she did take the points) so the police charged her with conspiracy to pervert.

The son has every right to feel betrayed, my sympathies are with him.....

Huhne in not putting his hands up sooner and knowing he was a law breaker and as a minister a law maker deserves not one ounce in my book.

I'm honestly not defending what he did - just expressing sympathy for a man who's lost the love of his child.

That said, your version is a little off. She is charged (afaik) because of what she did - she took the points - you seem to imply otherwise.

Beyond that, yes, the son may well be angry and may have every right to be, but anger doesn't have to equate to hatred, and it seems a shame that in this case it has.

I hope he gets the maximum sentence, and if some of his BTLs were confiscated, I'd be over the moon. I also hope that he and his son are reconciled at some point, and I don't see a contradiction in this.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I'm honestly not defending what he did - just expressing sympathy for a man who's lost the love of his child.

That said, your version is a little off. She is charged (afaik) because of what she did - she took the points - you seem to imply otherwise.

Beyond that, yes, the son may well be angry and may have every right to be, but anger doesn't have to equate to hatred, and it seems a shame that in this case it has.

I hope he gets the maximum sentence, and if some of his BTLs were confiscated, I'd be over the moon. I also hope that he and his son are reconciled at some point, and I don't see a contradiction in this.

Hmm, appears not to be so much love 'lost' as 'ground into the dirt with a pair of size 9s as acceptable collateral damage in order to maintain a pretence of being a normal human being for the purposes of political expediency'.

Here's what was circulated by Huhne in Eastleigh in the run up to the 2010 election, and shortly prior to Huhne walking out on his family:

eastleigh-flyer.jpg?w=480&h=478&h=478

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Huhne has a nice ring to it when describing something unpleasant...

'Is that some Huhne on your shoe?'

'Oh dear, yes I do appear to have trodden in some Huhne'

Whoops, the ANZACs appear to be there already, sort of...

Hoon is a derogatory term used in Australia and New Zealand, to refer to anyone who engages in loutish, anti-social behaviours. In particular, it is used to refer to one who drives a car or boat in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily or dangerously.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

He deserves his son's hatred imho. He appears to not have a shred of remorse for what he has done, and continues to do to his family. If he was a man with morals, even at this late stage, he'd admit he coerced his wife to take the points.

And another thing that really REALLY irks me, why didn't he admit right away what he'd done, INSTEAD OF WASTING TAXPAYER'S MONEY (I.E. MY MONEY) DENYING IT TO THE LAST SECOND?

HE SIMPLY DOESN'T GIVE A T@SS FOR ANYONE BUT HIMSELF AND DESERVES UTTER HUMILIATION UNTIL HE DIES.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

His ex wife is lieing through her teeth to attempt to avoid going down. I hope she gets a lengthy sentence to reflect the fact that perjury is far worse than rape in the eyes of the law.She and her ex are pure slime

HOLA4422

His ex wife is lieing through her teeth to attempt to avoid going down. I hope she gets a lengthy sentence.

She's playing the victim card. I hope she does get a custodial sentence.

The taped phone conversations show her up as a pain-in-the-**** bully and a liar (not clever having a record of yourself lying when you know it's going to end up in court). No suprise they split up. Scorned woman and all that, but to think someone so deceitful and manipulative was touted for membership of the BoE's MPC ... oh, hang on.

HOLA4423

Are you having a laugh? :blink:

The police charged her with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice because, um...after Huhne did a runner, she came right out and said that she'd conspired with him to pervert the course of justice! If the police hadn't charged her for it that would have been a gross dereliction of their duty. By all means feel sorry for her for having married an utter tool like Huhne (though I don't personally), but feeling sorry for her for her current legal difficuties is like feeling sorry for a suicide bomber.

In fact, I'm of the opinion that by continuing to plead not guilty on the ludicrous grounds of 'spousal coercion' or whatever nonsense she's come up with, she is now taking the royal piss out of the legal system and wasting yet more of everyoe's time and money. I hope they throw the book at her too.

HOLA4424

HE SIMPLY DOESN'T GIVE A T@SS FOR ANYONE BUT HIMSELF AND DESERVES UTTER HUMILIATION UNTIL HE DIES.

Very harsh if you feel that that includes the contempt of his own children. It's not that I wish him to get off lightly - far from it - but my schadenfreude only goes so far.

HOLA4425

In fact, I'm of the opinion that by continuing to plead not guilty on the ludicrous grounds of 'spousal coercion' or whatever nonsense she's come up with, she is now taking the royal piss out of the legal system and wasting yet more of everyoe's time and money. I hope they throw the book at her too.

Is it proven beyond doubt that she wasn't driving the car?

Archived