House Price Crash Forum

300,000 London 2012 Tickets Unsold

HOLA441

Looks like the London bubble is starting to deflate before the Olympics have even started...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18209178

The BBC has learned that nearly a third of the Olympics tickets which went on sale earlier this month remain unsold.

The London 2012 organisers had expected that the 928,000 tickets would all be snapped up quickly by eager buyers, but that has not proved to be the case.

There are still more than 20 sessions with availability for sports like boxing, basketball, beach volleyball and weightlifting.

In total there are nearly 300,000 tickets remaining on sale.

That is in addition to the more than one million football tickets which are left.

Also one million tickets for the footie unsold. Those empty stands are going to look embarrassing on TV :ph34r:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Ha ha ha! What a pity we "won" the right to hold the world's school sports day!

Nobody I know has the vaguest interest in it! :huh:

HOLA444

Looks like the London bubble is starting to deflate before the Olympics have even started...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18209178

Also one million tickets for the footie unsold. Those empty stands are going to look embarrassing on TV :ph34r:

I thought Beach Volleyball would be popular ... my mate got tickets for that early on.

Perhaps this is evidence that a lot of people couldn't careless about the Olympics and think it's a shocking waste of money.

HOLA445

If the London bus bombings had happened three days earlier we probably would not have got the 2012 Games. On security grounds.

HOLA446

One of the blokes at work ran over the Clifton suspension bridge, holding an Olympic Torch!

I'm not sure which of the Olympic sports will be done here, maybe Gurning? Is that an Olympic sport yet? We are good at it down here! :huh:;)

HOLA447

One of the blokes at work ran over the Clifton suspension bridge, holding an Olympic Torch!

I'm not sure which of the Olympic sports will be done here, maybe Gurning? Is that an Olympic sport yet? We are good at it down here! :huh:;)

I ran over a grass snake in Bristol once..

HOLA448
HOLA449

I thought Beach Volleyball would be popular ... my mate got tickets for that early on.

Perhaps this is evidence that a lot of people couldn't careless about the Olympics and think it's a shocking waste of money.

I just checked the available tickets - for beach volleyball only tickets for the men's events are available (for all other sports mainly women's tickets are available). I wonder why...

To be fair, all popular sports are sold out - like Archery, Athletics, Male Basketball, Female Beach Volleyball, Gymnastics, Judo, Swimming, Marathon, Table Tennis, etc.

Also, most or all events in the Olympic Stadium are sold out, incl Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

What is remaining are fringe events with large ticket numbers, for instance in the Excel Center, and Football - but this was to be expected.

I got already some Women Wrestling (Excel Center) and Women Football (Wembley) tickets, as nothing I was really interested in was available. This is a bit like the current housing market - you get overpriced, low quality properties without problems, but to get a good quality property at a reasonable price is not possible.

Edited by Lion

HOLA4410

It's a shame that there isn't a technology available that would enable people to somehow watch the best events without ever having to go near London. If only this technology was available I might watch about half of the athletics, some of the football and maybe a few boxing bouts if there are any interesting prospects on show.

Anyone who pays actual real money to watch some of these events is clearly evil and wants little african children to starve to death. No doubt Al Qauieuida will step up and send them to muslim hell.

HOLA4411

http://www.theweek.co.uk/olympics/olympics-2012/44706/beach-volleyball-hot-ticket-mps-and-civil-servants

All the prime tickets for the Womens Volleyball went to ...guess who?

MP's and Civil Servants!!!

The Government bought twenty six grands worth of tickets. for this event...

...beach volleyball is always going to attract prurient admirers..... will the 15,000-seater venue just be filled with goggle-eyed MPs and off-duty businessmen? :Guardian.

I shall be keeping an eye out for front-row rod-walloping under those Treasury briefcases on laps....

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4412

the trouble is you lot on here are a load of Negative Nellies, we're coming back for a week to see the gymnastics and really looking forward to it, we might even spend a few quid so your GDP increases accordingly, its the closest i'll ever come to feeling like an MP, have a good time, enjoy myself and let someone else in the UK pay, you cant buy that feeling if you tried*

*unless you're lardy Prescott or a tory peer

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

HOLA4413

the trouble is you lot on here are a load of Negative Nellies, we're coming back for a week to see the gymnastics and really looking forward to it, we might even spend a few quid so your GDP increases accordingly, its the closest i'll ever come to feeling like an MP, have a good time, enjoy myself and let someone else in the UK pay, you cant buy that feeling if you tried

...but it is a holiday for you.....I will be waving the touch through. :)

HOLA4414

...but it is a holiday for you.....I will be waving the touch through. :)

you should all treat it as a holiday, even if you're working, "it only happens every half century locally (to put it in perspective thats less time than Haleys Comet / less time than waiting for assistance in Comet)" then youll enjoy it more like us :), Positive Mental Attitude and all that

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

HOLA4415

http://www.theweek.co.uk/olympics/olympics-2012/44706/beach-volleyball-hot-ticket-mps-and-civil-servants

All the prime tickets for the Womens Volleyball went to ...guess who?

MP's and Civil Servants!!!

The Government bought twenty six grands worth of tickets. for this event...

...beach volleyball is always going to attract prurient admirers..... will the 15,000-seater venue just be filled with goggle-eyed MPs and off-duty businessmen? :Guardian.

I shall be keeping an eye out for front-row rod-walloping under those Treasury briefcases on laps....

They won't be there watching they got them because they had more value to sell on. BTS

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

HPC will be putting in entrants to the being a miserable party pooper event.

The 5 minute sprint, the 1 hour and the stamina event, the solid 24 hours of misery.

We should expect at least one gong.

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

HOLA4418

you should all treat it as a holiday, even if you're working, "it only happens every half century locally (to put it in perspective thats less time than Haleys Comet / less time than waiting for assistance in Comet)" then youll enjoy it more like us :), Positive Mental Attitude and all that

but i think its crap, just because you dont. I will go fishing, you can go wat h all the freaks you want

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Shame on you Mr Clocker! That's hardly the Somerset Gurning team!

Let those lovely ladies do their volleyball! ;):huh:

HOLA4422

Shame on you Mr Clocker! That's hardly the Somerset Gurning team!

Let those lovely ladies do their volleyball! ;):huh:

You'll have no chance against the Cumbrians.

HOLA4423

And you didn't even have to fund it. I did and am avoiding it like the plague, more like PMT than PMA.

HOLA4424

...What about the economy? What with this and the Queens Jubilee, if we are to believe everything we hear on the TV we will suffer for our lack of concentration on work to repay the deficit we have been told we all created....Q3 figures :o .....I do hope you will enjoy it, and anyone else that goes....It is not my cup of tea, that is just me, we can't all like and want the same things now can we? ;)

HOLA4425