House Price Crash Forum

Amazing Photos Show What The World Really Eats

Pole

HOLA441

Chard looks the healthiest all they require is a bit more of it, some more fresh fruit and veg, dairy, meat or fish.....What stands out the most in the other pictures is the amount of convenience branded products the developed world eat.....cut out the expensive stuff and learn to cook from basic, seasonal, fresh, local ingredients, that is the best way going into the future. ;)

Please, It's CHAD not Chard. While similar in some ways, Chard is in Somerset.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

On the morning of my very first day in the United States, I went to a diner.

Sitting opposite me was a man and his wife. They were truly enormous. It was the first time I'd seen people that size, so I really couldn't help staring.

Then the man's breakfast arrived. Approx 8 pancakes, could have been more as they were piled, on top of which he poured syrup. Then topped that with about 2 TABLESPOONS of sugar. Next to the pancakes were about 4 fried eggs and four waffles.

I've been back a few times since and I never cease to be amazed at the crap Americans eat.

HOLA448

What strikes me is not the food, but the packaging. What a waste.

And do people really eat so much ? I don't reckon I eat 1/8th of that.

Yeah.I noticed a huge bag of Bakers in the uk picture.

Sad when a nation lives off dog food.

Come on guys, I spent a good amount of time in various countries, and lived off a packet of peanuts and a slice of licorice in one, but the doggy bites never were a staple part of my diet.

I say unless I see a member of the uk family eat the doggy stuff, the survey is pig swill.

HOLA449

It probably does have the healthiest, in that it is free from pesticides, radiation, subclinical antibiotics, persistent organic pollutants, genetic tampering, recombinant growth hormones, preservatives...

I don't think so, much of the grain eaten in Africa is imported from other continents and is covered in as many chemicals as the stuff you buy in Tesco.

Edit: For example, the staple diet in Guinea Bissau (like elsewhere in West Africa) is rice with a bit of vegetable sauce. The rice comes from Thailand.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Chard looks the healthiest all they require is a bit more of it, some more fresh fruit and veg, dairy, meat or fish.....What stands out the most in the other pictures is the amount of convenience branded products the developed world eat.....cut out the expensive stuff and learn to cook from basic, seasonal, fresh, local ingredients, that is the best way going into the future. ;)

Lifespan in Chad: 50 years

Lifespan in the UK: 80 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

HOLA4412

The photos are entertaining, but they're completely baseless. So the average American consumes one tomato slice per day and eats no other vegetables? Who's eating all those vegetables in American supermarkets, then? And the average Italian eats one persimmon per day? Is that even humanly possible? This is all just some middle-class, coastal American food snob trying to establish how superior they are because they shop at Whole Foods.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Lifespan in Chad: 50 years

Lifespan in the UK: 80 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

It's fairly obvious that the Chad diet isn't "healthy" at all. Eating too little and of not enough variety is just as bad as eating too much fat/sugar rich foods.

And at least eating the fat/sugar laden stuff is fun.

Everything in moderation is the key.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Yeah.I noticed a huge bag of Bakers in the uk picture.

Sad when a nation lives off dog food.

Come on guys, I spent a good amount of time in various countries, and lived off a packet of peanuts and a slice of licorice in one, but the doggy bites never were a staple part of my diet.

I say unless I see a member of the uk family eat the doggy stuff, the survey is pig swill.

It is the cat food I am more concerned about...they had a dog to eat the dog food. ;)

HOLA4417

Could it be that people tend to eat on the run today....they don't plan their weekly meals in advance, they no longer shop with a shopping list and stick to it (unless they see an outstanding offer for something they would normally use), they shop when hungry, they buy snacks, fillers and fizzy drinks....they fail to plan ahead, they no longer sit down as a family to eat, they ring for a take away and eat it on the sofa watching HD flat screen. ;)

Easy tiger.

I note you have a cat as an Av, and the British family have Go Cat on the table.

They have a packet of Bakers for the dog , and we can see the dog in the picture. Question is, what happened to the cat?

Would that have been a midday snack?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Awesome, even the Germans show efficiency in the layout of the food!

One of the grapefruit fell off the pyramid. Someone's in for a beating when dad notices in the photo later. Anyway, the hell they eat 10 grapefruit, they'll have permanently numb lips. Where's the UK's alcohol, we are not being represented as the binge drinking nation we are proud of.

US can keep that Budweiser filth. That's my 2 cents.

HOLA4422

One of the grapefruit fell off the pyramid. Someone's in for a beating when dad notices in the photo later. Anyway, the hell they eat 10 grapefruit, they'll have permanently numb lips. Where's the UK's alcohol, we are not being represented as the binge drinking nation we are proud of.

US can keep that Budweiser filth. That's my 2 cents.

hehe

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The UK picture doesn't look all that representative of what British people really eat... not a single bit of meat or Yogurt as far as I can tell, and they've managed to squeeze in two boxes of animal food!

I agree.

I knew things were bad in the U.K., but I never thought it had got to the Mad Max level where people are resorting to eating Go-Cat.

Archived