House Price Crash Forum

Surprise Vote At The Mpc As Interest Rate...

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

We used to eagerly anticipate this every month. I'm more surprised that anyone bothered to remember and post! :lol:

Are the committee members so entrenched in their mindset that we'd need to see them move on and be replaced from the committee before a rise comes?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

its getting beyond a joke now. someone needs to take control. this is utter stagnation and denial.

TPTB are just flower arranging around the problem. None of them want to be held responsible for taking the decision that finally pushes it over the edge.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Frozen with fear. Totally neutered. the BOE rate decision makers are a collection of powerless pussies in denial.

Hold or raise, the end result will be the same, Just grow some ******** and crash it manually so I can buy a house, and the economy can rebuild, you fat, overpaid useless shits.

i'm 33 years old and assuming I work until 65 and live until 80/90, the buying window on a 25 year mortgage is disappearing fast, each year these utter failures chip away at my deposit & keep the economy paralysed with their inaction.

Edited by Reck B

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

We used to eagerly anticipate this every month. I'm more surprised that anyone bothered to remember and post! :lol:

It used to be one of the big events of the month. Now it's like watching Murder on the Orient Express for the 28th time. It's hard to muster any excitement when Poirot announces the murderer's identity.

One important vote was passed....

They're changing from Rich Tea biscuits to Custard Creams.

Has that change been hedonically adjusted?

HOLA4415

Frozen with fear. Totally neutered. the BOE rate decision makers are a collection of powerless pussies in denial.

Hold or raise, the end result will be the same, Just grow some ******** and crash it manually so I can buy a house, and the economy can rebuild, you fat, overpaid useless shits.

i'm 33 years old and assuming I work until 65 and live until 80/90, the buying window on a 25 year mortgage is disappearing fast, each year these utter failures chip away at my deposit & keep the economy paralysed with their inaction.

I'm 23 and assuming I'll live till 66 if I'm lucky. Not too fussed about renting for life, as long are rents are kept low and affordable.

Maybe get a mortgage, if it's going to save me money and set my child up for life, that is, assuming I have a child. Ideally a 10 year mortgage, I don't want to be tied into a 25 year mortgage in an unstable labour market. A period of unemployment could extend the repayment period by a long time, assuming you can claim mortgage benefit. Otherwise you could be homeless, in debt, proper on your arce, and you don't want to risk that!

HOLA4416
<br />I thought this would be a thread related to the 2-0-7 vote figure out today...?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Who voted which way? I cant see it in the report. Please don't tell me that's a vote of 7 against 2 for a decrease in IR??

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/minutes/mpc/pdf/2011/mpc1107.pdf

HOLA4417

+1

Wimbledon's over, it's time to get busy.

Double dip's coming (not just property) and they have to time their next round of QE just right.. if they bottle it too soon they will look like they panicked over nothing, if they leave it too long we will be back where we were in 2008. I reckon there are some puckered butts at the Fed / Threadneedle Street about now.

All IMHO of course.. :D