Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
On 04/01/2018 at 9:19 PM, chronyx said:

I keep waiting for a leg down but it seems to be incrementally but steadily going up. I wonder If this is it for DBs $1450 call 

I think DB may well have called this right, Gold rising in price as you would expect as inflation is picking up around the world in the real economy. But Gold is the tail of the beast, crude oil is the head. It's the oil price that will rise up and then crash this economy, with many calls for a future price of $15 a barrel. (What price then for the BP's, Shell's of this world?) At that point will we see Gold at $800???

Personally I can't read these distorted markets, throw in Cryptos and the picture is even cloudier! I believe in Gold, it exists, it doesn't require a network to exist and you can hold it in your hand. I will always hold some and probably some of the companies that do the "proof of work" to mine it out the ground, it is the money of last resort.

HOLA447
HOLA448
3 hours ago, Noginthenog said:

I think DB may well have called this right, Gold rising in price as you would expect as inflation is picking up around the world in the real economy. But Gold is the tail of the beast, crude oil is the head. It's the oil price that will rise up and then crash this economy, with many calls for a future price of $15 a barrel. (What price then for the BP's, Shell's of this world?) At that point will we see Gold at $800???

Personally I can't read these distorted markets, throw in Cryptos and the picture is even cloudier! I believe in Gold, it exists, it doesn't require a network to exist and you can hold it in your hand. I will always hold some and probably some of the companies that do the "proof of work" to mine it out the ground, it is the money of last resort.

Agree with your analysis and philosophy :D

HOLA449
9 hours ago, Noginthenog said:

.........Personally I can't read these distorted markets...........

I don’t think anybody can read the markets, so don’t feel like a fair ground freak.

But reading between the lines scares the pants off me. Only thing that keeps me calm is my sovereigns.

Well, to be honest they’re mainly half sovereigns, didn’t believe it was that important what I bought. But as I am retiring this year, there are the lump sums from my pension to consider. I’m considering buying some more gold....how, and what?

HOLA4410

Very interesting pictures from the Russian gold vaults!

'Photos from main gold storage of Central Bank of Russia. Almost 1800 tons of gold is stored here. This is the main storage of gold in Russia. This makes Russia to be number six in the world by gold storage.'

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/move-over-fort-knox-heres-an-actual-look-inside-russias-gold-vaults-at-their-gold-reserves/

Edited by Errol

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Feels like ages since we have had a tick up in gold prices, my stash is up a bit.

perhaps it’s some of the hype coming off the bitcoin sector. 

its about time we had some big moves in the markets. Must be due a correction soon, or are we on the longest bull run in history? 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Just doing some price comparisons and have found the price for bullion is higher than last time I purchased, when compared with the spot price (There's probably a term for that).

Prices from goldline

E.g.:

Bought United Kingdom QE2 Quarter Sovereign on 27th April 2017 for £78.25 at spot price of £982.45

Now still priced at £76.75 with spot at £946.94 (Although sold out at goldline, £77 from Hermesgold with who I have no experience)

That's £35.51 difference in spot

Does this mean the market is discretely preparing for some movement?

Edited by chronyx

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I had some 2.5g bars and all I did was eBay them!  I was curious about the exact same things you mention so it was a trial run.

I put them on for just under what they would cost from a dealer, with pics showing them still sealed etc.

I made enough to break even inc postage and as I'm only interest in preserving what wealth I can afford to set aside in PMs that's fine with me

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
10 hours ago, chronyx said:

I had some 2.5g bars and all I did was eBay them!  I was curious about the exact same things you mention so it was a trial run.

I put them on for just under what they would cost from a dealer, with pics showing them still sealed etc.

I made enough to break even inc postage and as I'm only interest in preserving what wealth I can afford to set aside in PMs that's fine with me

Yeah ive seen them be purchased in banks, saw an arab came in with a backpack and said he wanted to buy gold one time. I wondered if the banks buy it back. Sounds like they dont from your reply.

I fancy getting a little treasure box with some gold coins, for the kids, to play with... Wonder if i can get a print and stamp on a picture of a bitcoin?

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, GreenDevil said:

Yeah ive seen them be purchased in banks, saw an arab came in with a backpack and said he wanted to buy gold one time. I wondered if the banks buy it back. Sounds like they dont from your reply.

I fancy getting a little treasure box with some gold coins, for the kids, to play with... Wonder if i can get a print and stamp on a picture of a bitcoin?

I'v heard worse ideas. Put them on ebay with some fluffy blurb and see what happens 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425