Question Time Thread

pl1

HOLA441
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The fact is it would probably be better for the economy if the banks didn't lend to start-ups.

For example, lending to a someone whose building firm went bust because their invoice weren't paid by their customers during the crisis would probably be a much better punt for the banks and a better chance of creating decent numbers of jobs than a start-up.

Problem is I suspect the tyranny of 'computer says no' credit checks would see them unprepared to lend anything at all to someone who's been bust before.

HOLA443
HOLA444

It makes me sad and feather spitting angry to see what this country has done to itself.

Just look at them sat there.

Toynbee says Labour inherited a debt from the Tories, a complete and utter ******ing lie, and nobody questioned it.

Not even a panel member.

What is being put in to our food?

Actually she is right.....In 2001 the national debt was around £150 billion. By 1997 it was nearly £350 billion. That was the impact of the early 90s recession. The Tories were cutting the deficit though when they lost power.

The difference is that the Tories added £200 billion due to a recession. Labour managed to add £200 billion to the debt through a period of economic growth!!!!!!!!

HOLA445
HOLA446

Tory bloke says "we inherited from you (NuLabour)", instant loud groans from the audience.

The "inherited" phrase was one of the most repeated phrases by NuLabour after 1997.

The audience is so full of labourites it's undemocratic.

So true

I'll say the cuts are needed, we can't go on borrowing so much and Portillo on "This Week" made a good point about us borrowing £16bn this MONTH alone. How can anyone say the cuts arn't needed?

HOLA447

The fact is it would probably be better for the economy if the banks didn't lend to start-ups.

For example, lending to a someone whose building firm went bust because their invoice weren't paid by their customers during the crisis would probably be a much better punt for the banks and a better chance of creating decent numbers of jobs than a start-up.

Problem is I suspect the tyranny of 'computer says no' credit checks would see them unprepared to lend anything at all to someone who's been bust before.

I've been on a factory visit once with a business man and a bank manager. What the heck does a bank manager know about business even existing ones? Are there really sound businesses that can *ONLY* remain in existence based on bank lending or is it really true that there are business people who saved hard (against the pressure to "invest" in property) who will have sleepless nights constantly going over the details of whether the investment is sound? I know plenty of people who would invest in sound business. I would too. Tighter lending will encourage diligent businesspeople, investors, and customers with some pain in the short term.

Edited by cica

HOLA448

Toynbee and the piddling deficit/debt she's referring to is neither here nor there compared to the true debt. Of course she's likely dissembling - that's what they do, that's what they're paid for.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/benedictbrogan/100059580/a-penny-here-a-penny-there-soon-youre-talking-trillions-of-debt/

The debt that knows no name (£8 trillion). Now that's debt :lol: Probably getting on for about 1.5 times the total worth of the UK.

And the "great and the good" are quibbling over a few old folks bus passes :lol::lol:

Edited by billybong

HOLA449

Been watching this in the background for the last hour

makes me wonder why anyone bothers

mores the point makes me wonder why anyone bothers to vote at all

It's a sham , surely everyone on here at least can see that

"We want the bankers to do business here"

meaning "We don't give a f*ck if that makes people homeless ,unemployed, paying for it for generations"

I've got a bad feeling this going to end in riots ,not in a good way like the French

this will be racial , social ,amongst the "working class" against each other

looking for people to blame.

How can this change through democracy , it can't

vote libdem ,get tory, get the bankers

vote labour "that's the party of the working man" the unions will look after us

Get the bankers

NO BANKERS WERE HARMED DURING THESE CUTS

NO POLITICIANS WERE HARMED DURING THESE CUTS

There are 10 times more intelligent people on here than on that show everyday

Who the f*ck are they? , nobodies , all puppets of the establishment

MY QUESTION FOR QUESTION TIME IS

How do the people who vote/work/pay tax change this?

Answer they can't it's not relevent , you are not relevent

Bend over and take it or we will be knocking at your door

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I was struck by Toynbee's ridiculing of the "mythical belief that if you cut the size of the State the private sector will magically take it's place." Where does she think the wealth to pay for the State comes from? Does she not see that the State is dependant on private sector wealth?

The State has become so bloated that hardly a single person in the Middlesbrough audience appeared to work outside the public sector. We face record levels of national debt. Yet Toynbee's answer is to load international corporations like the banks with punitive taxes supposedly so that wealth can then continue to be doled out to people like this evening's glum, unmotivated herd of Labour voters who kept bleating about 'where are the jobs going to come from?" and "where is the money going to come from?"

New Labour is dead. Old Labour is back, with its sanctimonious social ideals and its Soviet economic theories. They have nothing left to offer this country - except maybe an apology.

HOLA4412

I was struck by Toynbee's ridiculing of the "mythical belief that if you cut the size of the State the private sector will magically take it's place." Where does she think the wealth to pay for the State comes from? Does she not see that the State is dependant on private sector wealth?

The State has become so bloated that hardly a single person in the Middlesbrough audience appeared to work outside the public sector. We face record levels of national debt. Yet Toynbee's answer is to load international corporations like the banks with punitive taxes supposedly so that wealth can then continue to be doled out to people like this evening's glum, unmotivated herd of Labour voters who kept bleating about 'where are the jobs going to come from?" and "where is the money going to come from?"

New Labour is dead. Old Labour is back, with its sanctimonious social ideals and its Soviet economic theories. They have nothing left to offer this country - except maybe an apology.

Toynbee is an unelected c* nt

HOLA4413

I was struck by Toynbee's ridiculing of the "mythical belief that if you cut the size of the State the private sector will magically take it's place

It's magically taking it's place anywhere but in the UK. China, India you name it. A new industrial revolution in the UK based on wind farms :lol:

That's the cul-de-sac the so called "leaders" in the UK have led the UK into.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

It's magically taking it's place anywhere but in the UK. China, India you name it. A new industrial revolution in the UK based on wind farms :lol:

That's the cul-de-sac the so called "leaders" in the UK have led the UK into.

Wind Farms made in Germany, owned by companies based in France...

OK I exaggerate about France but it's not far from the truth.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I didn't see any facts or spending plans in the Labour manifesto either.....

General Election 2010: multi-billion black holes in all three parties' spending plans

Your second point is nonsense.

Are you saying that private sector outsourcing did not occur?

They don't pick each other up on their ridiculous and wild statements and claims because they all know that the general idea of all the political parties these days is to mislead, confuse, misinform and misdirect the general public - not to find anything near to the truth.

They have more in common with each other than they do with us. They're like WWF wrestlers. Antagonistic in the ring, chummy out of it. At least the WWF mob try and put on a good (if somewhat unconvincing) show of it. Our MPs can't even be bothered to do that these days.

HOLA4419

Totally agree here

I noticed the audience repeatedly bleating - where are the jobs coming from? passively waiting for the state to somehow "create" jobs. No one had the guts to tell them to go create build and innovate themselves - the general tried to make a point about how the north used to be wealth creator but was shouted down by nu-labour drones. Last government proved beyond doubt that when government try to "create" jobs all you get is thousands of diversity officers and petty council officials.

Lets not forget that Britain was once a great nation full of dynamism and brilliant inventions: bikes, TV, radio, the electric motor, corkscrews and brilliant products like concorde, harrier jump jets, the mini and the curly wurlys.

I find the fact that young people actually want the government to come and employ them in cushy government non-jobs is f****ing depressing.

Edited by TenPinTom

HOLA4420

His shares were moved into his wifes name as he is a Minister. Ministers are not allowed to own shares.

Please note the Milibands built a property portfolio (so did the Blairs to some extent) while in government, during a boom they help create and failed to supervise,

Shock horror, New Labour politicians are also corrupt too

You've been taken in by the false paradigm dichotomy - left versus right.

I bet you bought into WFF wrestling too! Yeh, look how much Giant haystacks hates Big Daddy

I've got news for you, it's FAKE. And you've fallen for it.

All our politicians work for the bankers and other members of the elite. They are no different.

HOLA4421

[*Edited]

Simply Cannot watch it anymore.

They just lie. And the people believe it. Every other sentence, you can correctly take umbridge with.

Really angers me. Cant stand them.

Flicked it on for a few seconds last night, only to hear Polly Toynbee, when talking about the banking crisis, and the subsequent bailouts, saying

".......If its a question of Public Servants who now sadly seem to be getting the blame for it..................."

51:35 in: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ime_21_10_2010/

LABOUR ARE TO BLAME you Lying sour faced *&@**"~###.............

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4422

Simply Cannot watch it anymore.

They just lie. And the people believe it.

Really angers me.

Flicked it on for a few seconds last night, only to hear Polly Toynbee, saying something along the lines of;

'the people are wrong to blame the politicians, it was all the bankers fault.'

[Non Verbatim]

What a load of utter tosh. Lying *&@**"~###

Id love to have a program, where I could interview these F@@@5 individually one on one.

I would take them apart.

Agree, I watched the first two minutes last night but it was just too depressing..............hand picked BBC/ Liebour audience, Dimblebore attacking the Tory more than any of the others, a skew in questioning constantly towards statist viewpoints and the troughing liers Denham and 'Let them eat cake' Toynbee allowed to get away with blatant untruths.

QT proves nothing other than the BBC is the media wing of the same Liebour Party that has done so much to destroy Britain and that it needs to be broken up...........

HOLA4423

Shock horror, New Labour politicians are also corrupt too

You've been taken in by the false paradigm dichotomy - left versus right.

I bet you bought into WFF wrestling too! Yeh, look how much Giant haystacks hates Big Daddy

I've got news for you, it's FAKE. And you've fallen for it.

All our politicians work for the bankers and other members of the elite. They are no different.

Still peddling the same line? It will chase off some HPCers, especially the "FAKE news" thing.

Reality is that the social expansion model is an epic fail and the sooner the non-jobs go and the state gets out of the way of people the sooner our standard of living will resemble our aggregate wealth creation (worse, but honest) and the sooner that wealth creation will increase.

HOLA4424

QT proves nothing other than the BBC is the media wing of the same Liebour Party that has done so much to destroy Britain and that it needs to be broken up...........

I agree. Along with an ever growing number. The Beeb have made some excellent programs in their time.

But their blatant political affiliations with a corrupt [fake left] party, which has done so much damage, and constant denial that this is the case shows a despicable nature.

[Apparently the corridors at Broadcasting house, were strewn with empty champagne bottles after the 1997 election.]

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4425

I agree. Along with an ever growing number. The Beeb have made some excellent programs in their time.

But their blatant political affiliations with a corrupt [fake left] party, which has done so much damage, and constant denial that this is the case shows a despicable nature.

[Apparently the corridors at Broadcasting house, were strewn with empty champagne bottles after the 1997 election.]

Take Last Nights Question Time for Instance:

One day after the the Comprehensive Spending Review it's coming from Middlesbrough which is ranked as 324th out of 324 council areas by Experian.

In other words (according to the BBC website) it "will be the least resilient to public sector cuts."

'Industrial areas in the North East and Midlands are least resilient to economic shocks,' BBC-commissioned research suggests.

Could the location be any more deliberate, more calculated or more biased?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Information taken from Biased BBC:

http://biasedbbc.pro...s.com/index.cgi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBC Look North, in Yorkshire, is so blatantly pro Labour its a joke.

Without the [state controlled] BBC would people hear a less biased truth?

*[Edited]

Edited by Dan1