Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Don't get me wrong I don't care if he's married or not, has a 100 kids or none, with one woman or 5 in some polygamous shag-fest.

But to have a child and not want to be on the birth certificate seems odd.

It's actually quite common. If you aren't married and the father isn't present when the birth is registered, the father's name won't appear. If you are married the father doesn't need to be present and the name can be added. If it's someones first child, how would they know?

HOLA448
HOLA449

I might be being a bit old fashioned here, but it really pains me that Labour have elected someone as their leader who has benefitted so much from inherited property in an exclusive area and resides in a home worth £1.6 million.

I mean, come on.

I look at the Millibands, and the Camerons, and the Cleggs, and the Osbournes, and I just see, well, toffs. They might pretend they aren't (the idea Cameron is middle-class is just ludicrous), but they are.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I might be being a bit old fashioned here, but it really pains me that Labour have elected someone as their leader who has benefitted so much from inherited property in an exclusive area and resides in a home worth £1.6 million.

I mean, come on.

I look at the Millibands, and the Camerons, and the Cleggs, and the Osbournes, and I just see, well, toffs. They might pretend they aren't (the idea Cameron is middle-class is just ludicrous), but they are.

He is middle class. He was wearing jeans when he arrived at the conference centre.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I was interested to see that David Cameron seems to have changed his tone quite a bit by going out of his way today to downplay the cuts and appear to be optimistic.

Is this first blood to Ed Milliband after his charges of Tory pessimism in his speech earlier  this week?

No, the coalition doesn't want to appear a "one issue" wonder.

HOLA4414

I mean, come on.

Its a real worry, that all the leaders are of similar age, backgrounds, schools, colleges, and don't ever seem to have had "proper" jobs since university other than lobbyists, or full time political bag carriers.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Nick, Dave and Ed have never done a real days work in their lives... a system of rich parents, family trust funds and a network of "contacts" means they've had a very easy ride.

Agree with you 100%. What really worries me about the Millibands is they come from many generations of skivers who have been meddling in the affairs of Poland, Belgium and the Uk with their half arsed marxists ideology. They remind me of those inter-generational benefit scroungers you hear about, apart from the fact that Ed is very rich.

HOLA4417

Agree with you 100%. What really worries me about the Millibands is they come from many generations of skivers who have been meddling in the affairs of Poland, Belgium and the Uk with their half arsed marxists ideology. They remind me of those inter-generational benefit scroungers you hear about, apart from the fact that Ed is very rich.

and he's become very rich on what,precisely?

if he's never done a real day's work in his life.

he's poncing of other more productive members of society.

it's people like him that give rise to opinions like "well,hitler might have had a point"...

I guess he should be having second thoughts about the EU,because it is soon going to turn into the stuff his parents fled from.He's lucky that us brits are a tolerant bunch...but he shouldn't take liberties.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4418

It's actually quite common. If you aren't married and the father isn't present when the birth is registered, the father's name won't appear. If you are married the father doesn't need to be present and the name can be added. If it's someones first child, how would they know?

You win! Joker of the week! :D

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

'Red Ed'. Ha! What a joke.

I wonder how much time Ed Miliband spends in Doncaster North with his constituents? In fact, I wonder how much time any of these champagne-swilling political careerists (of all parties) spend with their electorate. Well done the people of Montgomeryshire who, after years of watching Lembik Opik swan round the TV studios of London and the gossip pages of the tabloids, pointed out that he'd be doing p!ss-poor stand-up comedy if it wasn't for them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/sep/26/ed-miliband-doncaster-north-reaction

Some of the comments in the article about people in these areas always voting Labour and now suddenly realising they never show face are interesting.

I can only hope some of these 'I vote Labour because that is who my father voted for' types try voting elsewhere in the future (I dont care who they vote for but Labour do little to help the working classes they claim to represent other than keep them in their place to they can continue to rely on their votes, it is very sad.

HOLA4421

Sorry, I'm having a senior moment, how can you be too busy to be named on a birth certificate?

If you are not married you both have to go. And despite having to do it within the first 6 weeks of the baby being born (and him having a couple of weeks paternity leave at his disposal...) he didn't manage to do it.

It is pretty horrid to think he was too busy - but maybe thats why his name isn't on the house either cos she knows he's a "busy" person.

HOLA4422

It would be good rto have a telegraph style expose on ALL the politicians house] property dealings over the last decade or so, and compare that to what they were saying at the time.

I'm sure it would make very interesting reading.

It is as vile as the expenses scam.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Point being they were profiting massively as a direct consequence of their policies. Labour promised "not to let house prices get out of control." But not of course while they were dabbling themselves!

Exactly.

That is why, in terms of political-economy, the whole MPs' expenses scandal, including house flipping, was connected with the credit/debt/assets prices bubble. Monetary policy was too loose for too long, but the government didn't bother, as they were all "on a high". Individual politicians probably had different levels of consciousness about it, probably depending on their intelligence level and knowledge of economics - and mental sanity! And for the few who saw it coming, on their ethics. (I would give opposite scores for Brown and Balls in most of the above.)

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA4425

I

They are just PR 'suits' masquerading as politcians. In fact Cameron made his living at that game before going into politics.

Since Blair got elected we essentially have had ersatz politics in the UK.

It is all surface and no substance.

Real control lies with the men behind the curtain.

Edited by realcrookswearsuits