House Price Crash Forum
@contradevian

Ed Millibands £1M Property Fortune

Got wind of this on the Andrew Marr show, where it was played down. I think only the Sunday Times is reporting this, but it seems while the BoE was helping pump a massive property bubble, the Millibands were dabbling in property. It all started when they changed the Will of their late (Marxist) father in Primrose Hill (isn't all property theft?) and that house now forms part of Milibands property fortune. The Times details how Ed flipped a flat for £740,000 after four months netting a £90,000 profit. I'm surprised these guys had time to govern.

Edited by Sir John Steed

Got wind of this on the Andrew Marr show, where it was played down. I think only the Sunday Times is reporting this, but it seems while the BoE was helping pump a massive property bubble, the Millibands were dabbling in property. It all started when they changed the Will of their late (Marxist) father in Primrose Hill (isn't all property theft?) and that house now forms part of Millibands property fortune. The Times details how Ed flipped a flat for £740,000 after four months netting a £90,000 profit. I'm surprised these guys had time to govern.

Dailymail runs an exclusive on all these stuff today and includes many of his dealings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317252/Why-Red-Ed-lodger-1-6m-home-Not-sons-birth-certificate-title-deeds-family-house-either.html

Now, I want to see some social housing built round Ed home at Dartmouth Park, North London...

Got wind of this on the Andrew Marr show, where it was played down. I think only the Sunday Times is reporting this, but it seems while the BoE was helping pump a massive property bubble, the Millibands were dabbling in property. It all started when they changed the Will of their late (Marxist) father in Primrose Hill (isn't all property theft?) and that house now forms part of Millibands property fortune. The Times details how Ed flipped a flat for £740,000 after four months netting a £90,000 profit. I'm surprised these guys had time to govern.

If you bother to read it, you'll see it's just a non story designed to get grannies into a lather. Seems to be working.

DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO,

Labour....What a joke....these people dont work for what they get.

How are you doing with your speculation in shares and metal?

If you bother to read it, you'll see it's just a non story designed to get grannies into a lather. Seems to be working.

Don't care whether is is a story or non story - I just have a small wish to see social housing built round Dartmouth Park....

Don't care whether is is a story or non story - I just have a small wish to see social housing built round Dartmouth Park....

I have no problem with that. Private ownership isn't possible or suitable for everyone.

How are you doing with your speculation in shares and metal?

Shares and metals are not a necessity for every day basic living- homes are!

Point being they were profiting massively as a direct consequence of their policies. Labour promised "not to let house prices get out of control." But not of course while they were dabbling themselves!

Can £1m really be classed as a property "fortune" these days?

There are 250,000 millionnaires in the UK. Now we can print money at will to solve all our problems, isn't it time they upped the value of a "fortune"?

'Red Ed'. Ha! What a joke.

I wonder how much time Ed Miliband spends in Doncaster North with his constituents? In fact, I wonder how much time any of these champagne-swilling political careerists (of all parties) spend with their electorate. Well done the people of Montgomeryshire who, after years of watching Lembik Opik swan round the TV studios of London and the gossip pages of the tabloids, pointed out that he'd be doing p!ss-poor stand-up comedy if it wasn't for them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/sep/26/ed-miliband-doncaster-north-reaction

'Red Ed'. Ha! What a joke.

I wonder how much time Ed Miliband spends in Doncaster North with his constituents?

London-Doncaster, from just under one and a half hours on the train; typical journey time 100mins ballpark. Longer than I'd want to commute, but plenty of London-workers do that sort of journey daily.

Not entirely like the more remote parts of the country for which representation in Westminster by a local person is a physical impossibility.

The point is, this guy was GB's right hand man at the Treasury, and was involved in policy making at the highest level. At one time I think when people became Ministers, shares had to be put in trust and Directorships of firms given up to avoid obvious conflicts of interest. Seems "pwoperdee" is the get around. But they were quite happy to flip property after property acquiring a nice little nest egg, under the reckless economic policies they were responsible for. No wonder nothing was done about an unsustainable property boom.

My favorite is the Lib Dem Chief Secretary to the treasury... the lecture of the evils of tax evasion was particularly chuckle worthy having read the day before how Mr Lib Dem sidestepped a CGT bill for 37 grand.

These people have lived a life of academia followed immediately by life if the party political bubble... they don't know about earning money, can't imagine how unemployment feels or what financial hardship looks like.

Nick, Dave and Ed have never done a real days work in their lives... a system of rich parents, family trust funds and a network of "contacts" means they've had a very easy ride.

Point being they were profiting massively as a direct consequence of their policies. Labour promised "not to let house prices get out of control." But not of course while they were dabbling themselves!

Millions think they profited too. The banks are running the show. Let's see if the coalition continue to let them. I suspect they will.

Millions think they profited too. The banks are running the show. Let's see if the coalition continue to let them. I suspect they will.

Sadly I think you are right/