House Price Crash Forum

Jurassic Park Comes True

bogbrush

HOLA441

I'm getting all nostaligic for the old days hearing about the TUC Annual gathering. This is what it should be like, not all pussy-footing around talking about the real world. Let's get the boys out! My only request is that when half the Council workers go out would someone post a message up to tell me or I might miss it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11278570

HOLA442
HOLA443

There must be some dirt on Bob Crow. Surely no one can look and sound that much of a thug and not have a rap sheet as long as Mandelsons...nose.

I'm sure there is.

it's not much use if he doesn't give a shit and neither do his members though, which is probably the case.

HOLA444

I'm getting all nostaligic for the old days hearing about the TUC Annual gathering. This is what it should be like, not all pussy-footing around talking about the real world. Let's get the boys out! My only request is that when half the Council workers go out would someone post a message up to tell me or I might miss it.

I caught two minutes of this while eating breaky this am, had to turn over before I spat my rice crispies at the TV.

HOLA445

Bob Crow earns 133K per year (yes he gets a bonus!!!!) and over the past two years has enjoyed 12% per annum pay rises.

And get this he lives in a housing association flat so depriving one of the 1.8 million wainting list the chance for decent accomodation.

Bob Crow has no shame he should be evicted from his flat and told that with that salary he should look after himeslef and do a bit of diy to keep it nice and spick and span.

Edited by ralphmalph

HOLA446

I'm sure there is.

it's not much use if he doesn't give a shit and neither do his members though, which is probably the case.

That holds true across any field. Just listen to football fans cheering on an assortment of criminals, thugs, wife-beaters and frequenters of prostitutes if there's any doubt on that front.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Bob Crow earns 133K per year and over the past two years has enjoyed 12% per annum pay rises.

And get this he lives in a housing association flat so depriving one of the 1.8 million wainting list the chance for decent accomodation.

Bob Crow has no shame he should be evicted from his flat and told that with that salary he should look after himeslef and do a bit of diy to keep it nice and spick and span.

Beat me to it. Didn't know the bit about living in a housing association flat - he must have some savings. Surprised he isn't more vocal about interest rates!

HOLA449

Bob Crow earns 133K per year (yes he gets a bonus!!!!) and over the past two years has enjoyed 12% per annum pay rises.

Give him a break, he's waiting for the HPC before he get's on the first rung!

I assume he hasn't exercised his right to buy, so at least he's sticking to his beliefs. More than can be said for the Labour party.....

Edit: Or the Lib Dems.....

Edited by AThirdWay

HOLA4410

Decent public services

I got confused when I read this phrase, surely they aren't still talking about Britain? How did they manage to go off topic to talk about another country.. maybe they are talking about Germany, France, Sweden.. maybe even China?

Oh hang on he was talking about the UK after all :blink:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It will be interesting to see if the unions can create a real alliance of all the groups being negatively impacted by the cuts- if so they will wield quite a lot of power.

They will be able to.

Even once they hold sway it won't matter. Footstamping and threats don't create wealth. They can only transfer wealth and the cupboard is bare.

HOLA4413

Beat me to it. Didn't know the bit about living in a housing association flat - he must have some savings. Surprised he isn't more vocal about interest rates!

Bob's 'wife' has a fair old salary coming in as well, astonishingly - with the same firm as the old man!

"Then there was the disclosure that Nicola Hoarau, Crow's wife and mother of their four children, had been appointed chief executive of the RMT credit union.

Colin Cook, Milton Keynes RMT branch secretary and foe of Crow, charged the union leader with filling posts with "henchmen".

Never one to hide behind a "no comment" or his loyal union PR man and former communist comrade Derek Kotz, Crow protested that his wife was the only applicant and revealed that he had even interviewed her."[/i]

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4414

It will be interesting to see if the unions can create a real alliance of all the groups being negatively impacted by the cuts- if so they will wield quite a lot of power.

Yes, like all those people on benefits, if they all go on strike I don't know what we're going to do. :rolleyes:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Ah, the good old days of trade union relations.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Bob's 'wife' has a fair old salary coming in as well, astonishingly - with the same firm as the old man!

"Then there was the disclosure that Nicola Hoarau, Crow's wife and mother of their four children, had been appointed chief executive of the RMT credit union.

Colin Cook, Milton Keynes RMT branch secretary and foe of Crow, charged the union leader with filling posts with "henchmen".

Never one to hide behind a "no comment" or his loyal union PR man and former communist comrade Derek Kotz, Crow protested that his wife was the only applicant and revealed that he had even interviewed her."[/i]

What really gets up my nose is every time he appears, as a panellist on Question Time, is all the licence payer's money that has to be wasted on hiring a DeLorean to take him back to the 1980s.

HOLA4419

Unbelievable. Talk about self-serving.

And I note that the focus was upon loss of public sector jobs rather than the loss of the services those employed supply. Well let's just say that everybody on benefits is a state employee and has to pay a small levy to Bob Crow. That'll keep him happy.

HOLA4420

They will be able to.

Even once they hold sway it won't matter. Footstamping and threats don't create wealth. They can only transfer wealth and the cupboard is bare.

I'm not sure what form that power would take. To have power they'd have to have something everyone else wants, and since the issue is that people want less of what they have it's not clear to me how witholding it will be a problem.

This isn't France.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422