House Price Crash Forum

U K Sentiment Begins To Reflect The Ghastly Reality

HOLA441

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-10/u-k-consumer-sentiment-drops-to-lowest-since-aftermath-of-2009-gdp-plunge.html

U.K. Consumer Sentiment Drops to Lowest Since Aftermath of 2009 GDP Plunge
By Jennifer Ryan - Aug 11, 2010 12:01 AM GMT
U.K. consumer confidence dropped in July for a third month, plunging to the lowest since the aftermath of the economy’s worst quarterly contraction in three decades last year, Nationwide Building Society said.
The index of sentiment slumped 7 points from the previous month to 56, the customer-owned lender said in an e-mailed statement today. The result was the lowest since April 2009. A measure of expectations for the economy fell 13 points to 76.

With the HPC back on, massive job cuts looming and the reality of the double dip spreading from the US there is not much to look forward to as the nights begin to draw in, except..........................

A thimply GORGEOUS house price cwash!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::D:):lol::lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443

Provided we can stay employed it should be a good laugh watching house prices fall, especially if the media carry on like yesterday.

The deal won't be so sweet though if the falls equal the wage you used to earn...

What went on in the media yesterday?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Plus just on the newswire: UK average earnings (inc bonuses) decline by 1.3%. Combine that with high food price inflation (things we buy with cash) and continued lack of credit. I can see asset prices only go one way from here and that is down.

Looking at how quickly the market give away the rise in GBP vs USD after the fed QElite statement, we might have a top forming in the GBP and also the EUR vs the USD.

HOLA4410

RB.................if i didn't know better i say your enjoying HPC as much as i

:)

Its seems patience does have its reward. I sold in September 2003 in the US and have been renting ever since and getting a bit tired of it. Hope to buy within the next 12 months at the latest. They are down a good solid 10% this year round my way so another 10-15% down will do it I think. However....if things turn really really nasty this winter I will hang on a bit longer.

I just think it will be nasty rather than really really nasty (i.e. 20-30% down over the next year or so--maybe 40% to the bottom but that might take 2 or 3 years but no nasty nasty 60% plus*).

*But you never know.

HOLA4411

Its seems patience does have its reward. I sold in September 2003 in the US and have been renting ever since and getting a bit tired of it. Hope to buy within the next 12 months at the latest.

Really? Wouldn't you have been better buying somewhere in September 2003, even if there is a 20-30% fall this year?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Plus just on the newswire: UK average earnings (inc bonuses) decline by 1.3%. Combine that with high food price inflation (things we buy with cash) and continued lack of credit. I can see asset prices only go one way from here and that is down.

Looking at how quickly the market give away the rise in GBP vs USD after the fed QElite statement, we might have a top forming in the GBP and also the EUR vs the USD.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1302042/Markets-fall-Bank-England-downgrades-growth-forecast.html

But average earnings only rise a meagre 1.3%

But it revealed average earnings grew 1.3 per cent in the quarter to June, down sharply on the previous 2.7 per cent and far below the current level of inflation at 3.7 per cent.

I do not get this, earnings grew 1.3% in three months..............................down from 2.7% in three months...........I thought wages were falling? Am i wrong?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Average Weekly Earnings

Regular pay growth decreases

Average earnings growth including bonuses decreased in the year to June 2010, from the May rate of 2.7 per cent to 1.3 per cent in June 2010. Growth in average earnings excluding bonuses (regular pay) also decreased from the May 2010 rate of 1.8 per cent to 1.6 per cent in June 2010.

In the year to June pay growth (including bonuses) in the private sector stood at 0.8 per cent compared with 2.9 per cent in the public sector. Excluding bonus payments, growth in the private sector stood at 1.0 per cent compared with 3.1 per cent in the public sector.

10.gif

HOLA4418

http://www.dailymail...h-forecast.html

But average earnings only rise a meagre 1.3%

But it revealed average earnings grew 1.3 per cent in the quarter to June, down sharply on the previous 2.7 per cent and far below the current level of inflation at 3.7 per cent.

I do not get this, earnings grew 1.3% in three months..............................down from 2.7% in three months...........I thought wages were falling? Am i wrong?

Banksta staff have been switched from bonuses to massive basic salaries to get around the bonus taxes.

The City are probably the ONLY workers leverage shufflers in the UK that have affected this result!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
In the year to June pay growth (including bonuses) in the private sector stood at 0.8 per cent compared with 2.9 per cent in the public sector.

Good to see the public sector cuts are kicking in :angry:

643789.jpg

Edited by exiges