House Price Crash Forum

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

HOLA441
6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Woman on POF with profile headline of: ' time 2 settle down'

First line of profile reads: ' im a single mother of 3 looking for some1 wiv a gd sense of humour!!i enjoy cosy nights in but also like a drink and a gd laugh!!i dont really have any hobbies but will try anything once ...'

I assume she tried one thing at least 3 times. Bit late thinking it is time to settle down once you have 3 kids isn't it?

Almost laughable really. The text speak says it all. I pity the man that will take that on.

I'll wire you a tenner if you go on a date with her, might be a laugh :P. 4th kid on the way..

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
7 hours ago, wherebee said:

I have experience of Northern Irish women in my murky past, JD, and all I can say is that if there was ever a fascistic takeover of the UK, I bet NORN women would be in charge of the death camps.

Sounds like there's at least one good story there that you haven't told us yet!

HOLA444
2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Sadly, such profiles are common.

The vast majority.

I've fallen into the trap of going out every sat night over the last year. Haven't met anyone, the alcohol has started to make my weight creep up and I often feel like crap for days after. Need to knock it on the head, think I'm just to old for it now. Thought I'd just vent...

Also anyone noticed this breadcrumbing thing on PoF et al? It's where women just drag you along with 3 or 4 word responses, apparently it's so they can keep as many men interested just enough so they don't stop messaging.

HOLA445
6 hours ago, gibbon said:

The vast majority.

I've fallen into the trap of going out every sat night over the last year. Haven't met anyone, the alcohol has started to make my weight creep up and I often feel like crap for days after. Need to knock it on the head, think I'm just to old for it now. Thought I'd just vent...

Also anyone noticed this breadcrumbing thing on PoF et al? It's where women just drag you along with 3 or 4 word responses, apparently it's so they can keep as many men interested just enough so they don't stop messaging.

Not sure of age but if under 35 then try going to the local playhouse - loads of women, or the Gym on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I take my son swimming at the weekend. We tend to elave just as an aerobics or whatever class finishs. 70% women. And, with them pumped up, they are very forward/on a buzz - I get lets of smiles and some looks - no, not because Im fat!

Pubs + Bars are not good place to meet women these days, if they ever were.

HOLA446
8 hours ago, gibbon said:

The vast majority.

The breadcrumbing I think is the female equivalent of men mass emailing a load of women with the aim of getting a leg over with one or two. Whereas the men has to construct a single witty or sexy first message, that gets sent out to all, the women just send out one messages with one or two words. Bizarre.

I get these sent to me and I just delete them.

More importantly, stop drinking if you are putting on weight and feel like crap afterwards. Your health is all important so you need to do something to change this behaviour. We all go through periods of being unhappy or depressed. Recognising it is often the difficult thing but you have done this now - so now is the time to do the next thing which is to change your behaviour. Spring is coming which is an opportunity to start getting out for walks and other exercise. You will feel better.

HOLA447
3 hours ago, spyguy said:

Not sure of age but if under 35 then try going to the local playhouse - loads of women, or the Gym on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I take my son swimming at the weekend. We tend to elave just as an aerobics or whatever class finishs. 70% women. And, with them pumped up, they are very forward/on a buzz - I get lets of smiles and some looks - no, not because Im fat!

Pubs + Bars are not good place to meet women these days, if they ever were.

Yeah bars/pubs are pretty awful places to try and meet someone. My gym is a spit and sawdust place so no good for women, which I actually like, not sure I could handle a commercial one full of lycra. I'm pretty much done with dating full stop anyway now.

45 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The breadcrumbing I think is the female equivalent of men mass emailing a load of women with the aim of getting a leg over with one or two. Whereas the men has to construct a single witty or sexy first message, that gets sent out to all, the women just send out one messages with one or two words. Bizarre.

I get these sent to me and I just delete them.

More importantly, stop drinking if you are putting on weight and feel like crap afterwards. Your health is all important so you need to do something to change this behaviour. We all go through periods of being unhappy or depressed. Recognising it is often the difficult thing but you have done this now - so now is the time to do the next thing which is to change your behaviour. Spring is coming which is an opportunity to start getting out for walks and other exercise. You will feel better.

It is bizarre, you like the look of someone enough to reply but not enough to construct a whole sentance so why bother replying in the first place. Maybe it's an ego thing.

Day to day I'm quite content, got interesting work, close to my family etc I'm only down after I've gone on a binge on the weekend. I've gone and cut out some friends, although they are more drinking buddies than anything at this point.

HOLA448

Yeah I think after 30 if you keep living life as a regular drinker then it takes it's toll. And despite what the bars want you to think; the chances of meeting a woman are probably worse in a bar than any other place where you could mix with women.

I met up with someone recently who I went to school with - great guy who back in the day never had a problem getting a girlfriend, was engaged at one point, but has been single for the last 5 years or so thanks to today's sexual marketplace. Enjoyed getting drunk with him and his mates, but I know that even if I started doing that just once a week my physical and mental health would take a hit.

HOLA449
10 minutes ago, gibbon said:

It is bizarre, you like the look of someone enough to reply but not enough to construct a whole sentance so why bother replying in the first place. Maybe it's an ego thing.

"I'm replying because you're good looking, but you're not in my top 10 right now."

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, gibbon said:

Yeah bars/pubs are pretty awful places to try and meet someone. My gym is a spit and sawdust place so no good for women, which I actually like, not sure I could handle a commercial one full of lycra. I'm pretty much done with dating full stop anyway now.

Day to day I'm quite content, got interesting work, close to my family etc I'm only down after I've gone on a binge on the weekend. I've gone and cut out some friends, although they are more drinking buddies than anything at this point.

Its a council leisure centre.

It avoids the steroid injecting loons.

Theres some quiet bit people there. And families.

But there are  lot of women 25-25 going to the Aerobics.

Going by the reaction I get when Im just walking to the toilet, Id guess most are on the lookout.

Again. jumping up + down for 40minutes makes then more forward and confident.

HOLA4411

There's loads of lazy burds on POF who can't even be arsed to fill in their profiles properly.

Just a photo and the rest being 'Will fill in later'

No doubt plenty of stupid beta cucks will respond and attempt to rub their egos.   Pathetic.

HOLA4412
14 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

There's loads of lazy burds on POF who can't even be arsed to fill in their profiles properly.

Just a photo and the rest being 'Will fill in later'

No doubt plenty of stupid beta cucks will respond and attempt to rub their egos.   Pathetic.

That's most women on dating sites these days in my experience. Wasn't always like that - I remember in 2012 when I started I found a few women who wrote profiles a few paragraphs long that gave a good impression of the kind of people they were and what they were interested in. All that's long gone - I blame tinder.

HOLA4413
4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah I think after 30 if you keep living life as a regular drinker then it takes it's toll. And despite what the bars want you to think; the chances of meeting a woman are probably worse in a bar than any other place where you could mix with women.

I met up with someone recently who I went to school with - great guy who back in the day never had a problem getting a girlfriend, was engaged at one point, but has been single for the last 5 years or so thanks to today's sexual marketplace. Enjoyed getting drunk with him and his mates, but I know that even if I started doing that just once a week my physical and mental health would take a hit.

I know guys like that, look great on paper but struggle to get a single date. Almost like they are invisible. This year has felt like I've been beating a dead horse so I'm obviously in the same boat now. Time to take stock and just accept the eternal bachelor lifestyle. 

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

That's most women on dating sites these days in my experience. Wasn't always like that - I remember in 2012 when I started I found a few women who wrote profiles a few paragraphs long that gave a good impression of the kind of people they were and what they were interested in. All that's long gone - I blame tinder.

Tinder destroyed online dating for the average man. Apparently, the matching algo will bury your profile if you get a certain percentage of rejection swipes.So 90% of the men on there. To ensure the special snowflake women don't have to look at your ugly mug I assume. 

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I know guys like that, look great on paper but struggle to get a single date. Almost like they are invisible. This year has felt like I've been beating a dead horse so I'm obviously in the same boat now. Time to take stock and just accept the eternal bachelor lifestyle.

I accept my own shortcomings that cause my own singledom, and they're things I need to work on - but this chap in question has everything - all his own hair, his own house, own car, a job and a decent circle of friends. But he's...nice. He's not overly narcissistic or bad-boy-ish or Machiavellian anything, so I think he bores a big percentage of single women these days, yet when we were in our teens and early 20's he always had a girlfriend.

HOLA4415
11 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I accept my own shortcomings that cause my own singledom, and they're things I need to work on - but this chap in question has everything - all his own hair, his own house, own car, a job and a decent circle of friends. But he's...nice. He's not overly narcissistic or bad-boy-ish or Machiavellian anything, so I think he bores a big percentage of single women these days, yet when we were in our teens and early 20's he always had a girlfriend.

Maybe he just can't be bothered with a romantic relationship anymore. I don't think I'd ever make the compromises necessary to maintain a girlfriend again if I ever found myself single in the future.

HOLA4416
8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

the compromises necessary to maintain a girlfriend 

Yes, and here is the crux of the issue. The risk to reward ratio has just become so bad that men have started to realise (in large numbers) that the game just isn't worth playing anymore.

I would expect more legalised prostitution across Europe (including the UK). It's just much less hassle and cheaper in the long run.

HOLA4417
13 minutes ago, Errol said:

I would expect more legalised prostitution across Europe (including the UK). It's just much less hassle and cheaper in the long run.

Well I certainly wouldn't be prosecuting people for using the services of a prostitute or indeed for providing those services. And providing security and mandatory health care checks  would be beneficial to all involved.

However, I can not help but think that we are in a poor situation if men are giving up on long term relationships and substituting this with a visit to a prostitute instead. Somethings definitely not right.

HOLA4418
31 minutes ago, Errol said:

Yes, and here is the crux of the issue. The risk to reward ratio has just become so bad that men have started to realise (in large numbers) that the game just isn't worth playing anymore.

Cheaper in the short run as well.

HOLA4419

Sounds like not much has changed since when I was on POF some six years ago. I found it incredibly frustrating. 9 out out of 10 messages were a couple of words or just plain retarded nonsense. Had may completely one sided conversations where all I got was 'yeah' or 'no'. Had women send me a message and then ignore me when I replied, lol, wtf is that about?

Came to the conclusion that 90% of the population are thick as sh1t and I don't normally run into them in my everyday circles, which is why when you get on POF you can be left thinking wtf is going on here.

If I find myself single again, which is highly possible, then I would never go on any online dating site again, they are utterly sh1t. I would focus on travelling and interests, which may or may not bring you into contact with women worth the bother. 

HOLA4420
9 minutes ago, StarsEnd said:

Came to the conclusion that 90% of the population are thick as sh1t and I don't normally run into them in my everyday circles, which is why when you get on POF you can be left thinking wtf is going on here.

You can begin to think that way. I suppose it is also because people filter out others everyday via their work colleagues, social circle, etc. If you work in a large organisation you basically filter out the nutters, numpties, the cheaters, etc, and mentally cross them off your list. At the same time you are making a list of those with similar intellect, ambitions, social activities, etc.

As more and more people work in isolation it has become very hard to do the above.

HOLA4421
24 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Well I certainly wouldn't be prosecuting people for using the services of a prostitute or indeed for providing those services. And providing security and mandatory health care checks  would be beneficial to all involved.

However, I can not help but think that we are in a poor situation if men are giving up on long term relationships and substituting this with a visit to a prostitute instead. Somethings definitely not right.

Yes, indeed something isn't right.

Here's John Cleese, 16 year marriage but no kids and look what happens: she takes more of his money than he gets to keep.  Any man who has put themself into a financially comfortable position is aware of that risk of losing more than half of it in a divorce.  So some of the wealthiest and most productive men see that risk clear as day and won't take it by getting married in the first place.

'I was comfortably well off before I got divorced from Alyce Faye Eichelberger. I never knew how much I really had -- I was just comfortable,' he told Spiegel's Christoph Scheuermann and Barbara Supp.

'But now I've been working for seven years to pay off the alimony. She's far better off than I am. So you could sit around being bitter about that. Or you can just think it's completely ridiculous.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3019741/I-given-20m-John-Cleese-reveals-alimony-battle-ex-wife-Alyce-Fay-Eichelberger-s-better-now.html 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
38 minutes ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

Sad state of affairs some of you are relating.  I spent much of my 20s single but that was in part self imposed. Things picked up considerably in my 30s.  Were I to become single in my 40s, I don't know that I'd bother. 

I've just turned 50 and things are fine for me. If anything I have more opportunities now than I had in my 20's - via sites like POF or, more often than not, just flirting. I have, as some of your have realised, mastered the dark art of saying stupid things.

I am even quite good at the shrug and move on if the real life flirtation results in some cold b*tch response. Tend not to get many of those these days though as I am quite good now at spotting the the ones giving off hostile vibes.

My problem though is that most women come with kids and even grand-kids now or they are in that 'must find any bloke to have a kid with' mode and that scares the sh*t out of me. There are women late 40's, good looking and childless but there is usually a very good reason why they are childless - no man is good enough for them or they are career nuts - so they are best avoided.

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Maybe he just can't be bothered with a romantic relationship anymore. I don't think I'd ever make the compromises necessary to maintain a girlfriend again if I ever found myself single in the future.

Does seem you have to jump through an insane amount of hoops, esp as you get older and now all these sites and apps are giving women access to tens of thousands of men within a 50 mile radius. If you're a regular guy you might aswell not exist now. Do wish I snagged a nice girl in my early 20s but it wasn't to be.

I haven't played computer games since I was a teen but I just downloaded a PS1 emulator. Have officially admitted defeat in the dating realm!

HOLA4425

Aren't you guys missing the point why these women aren't giving (some) of you good responses? If they can easily get a one night stand or a friends with benefits with a fit guy with 6 pack etc, something which most guys don't have. Then that quickly becomes their standard for a boyfriend too. That's why a lot of women always complain about not finding someone good enough.

And they are quite content to just keep picking up guys just based on looks via one night stands, clubbing, internet dating, Tinder.

There are better opportunities with foreign women. They can be nicer and more interesting too, being less shallow makes them more interesting people to be with. And they will probably be more attractive than the average British woman!

Archived