Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

HOLA441
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

That is so funny.

Actually, by chance I logged on to POF this week - not been on there for a long, long time - and was shocked to see pretty much the same women on there as were there 3 or 4 years back.

My main dating is now done in the food halls of M&S and Sainsburys. I have perfected a naff chat-up technique involving crusty rolls :o

LOL

I became single again May so on returning to Oz decided to join up again. Low and behold same thing - same old faces including my Ex using the same tired pictures they were using in 2012 and probably a few years old then. :lol:

HOLA444

Anyone got any positive online dating stories lately?

Friend of a friend met a woman the other week from t'internet for the first time, said his hello, asked her what she wanted to drink.

While he was queuing at the bar he got a message from her slagging him off in a number of ways. The silly bitch had meant to send it to one of her friends but sent it to his phone by mistake.

Apparently he cancelled the drink, went back to her and told her in no uncertain terms what a nasty bitch she was, and promptly left. The 'date' lasted all of 10 mins.

I'm back in the game. Really using it to keep myself social and the conversation skills up. Haven't had any bad experiences as such. First one I met was a bit of churchy nut but otherwise civil. 2nd went better and will see about a follow up. Meeting a girl of Persian origin tonight. I hope she is of Zoroastrian heritage as I'm not getting involved with a follower of the Prophet <_<

I just bang out expressions of interest to anything I half like the look and sound of. Getting a reasonable positive response rate of about 1 in 3. Otherwise generally get a civil response but no thanks.

HOLA445

You were in the women's toilets?

Nah outside it. But another time we did go in the burds bog.

Interesting really. Burds are not half as bothered by this sort of thing as we are led to believe.

HOLA446

After setting up a pof profile sometime back with a comprehensive profile and pictures with engaging initial messages I thought it would be straight forwards to set up real world dates.

How wrong I was. It was a total waste of time. I barely got any introductory messages and 90% of my well thought out messages got no response.

Fast forward to last month my friend complained of exactly the same, so I decided on a little social experiment.

I set up a profile with the bare minimum in the profile, just saying I'm new to the area and looking for fun (no more than two lines) coupled with a single picture of a stereotypical alpha male in a wife beater (6ft2 and good looking).

I didn't quite expect a deluge of messages ( early on 5 to 6 a day), and over 90% of messages I sent out were responded to ( these were crap ones starting out with 'hey, what's up', 'up for some adventures?' Etc). I was offered phone numbers, meet up requests and even last night a woman gave me her address to visit her after a night out!

Sometimes to lose some of these women (I couldn't juggle them all) I would say something overtly sexual (the messages they claim they hate) but on the whole they would respond positively and loved me being forthright! These were also from all manner of women, from the stupid chav with a profile written like Chaucer to the most erudite and apparently intelligent of the species that inhabit online dating with serious prim and proper profiles.

It is very apparent that women are as much if not more superficial than the men when it comes to the sweet shop that online dating represents.

I've just killed the fake profile before Mr H broke too many hearts.

Yes, you will be knee deep if you look like Clark Kent and appeal to the primal instincts of the fairer sex (even very average women feel they are in with a chance). Otherwise, you will giving your self confidence a beating if you are anywhere near the normal distribution curve.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Yes, you will be knee deep if you look like Clark Kent and appeal to the primal instincts of the fairer sex (even very average women feel they are in with a chance). Otherwise, you will giving your self confidence a beating if you are anywhere near the normal distribution curve.

Congratulations - you've gotten a glimpse into the world of the 'alpha male'. I'd be interested to see the picture you used; as well as being the wife beating type, I'll take a guess that prince charming was:

1. not looking directly at the camera

2. wasn't smiling

I say this because I've read studies that have shown that doing the above increases mens chances on dating sites.

For more on the hypergamy and (some) womens biological drives, see Chateau Heartiste. If your the sensitive type, brace yourself:

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/

HOLA449

They sense something inside of you wanting to break free :blink:

I am not going to give you my moves on here... it is the only move I have... but it involves crusty rolls... and is surprsingly successful... probably because it is not something a girl gets asked...

Move on over to the fish counter or the tinned goods... No, hang on... stay away from tinned goods... I have some success there also... Put this way... women like a man who knows whether a multi-buy is ripping them off or not... the girls who don't care are best avoided anyhow as they would spend all your money on false special offers...

White or brown?

HOLA4410

After setting up a pof profile sometime back with a comprehensive profile and pictures with engaging initial messages I thought it would be straight forwards to set up real world dates.

How wrong I was. It was a total waste of time. I barely got any introductory messages and 90% of my well thought out messages got no response.

Fast forward to last month my friend complained of exactly the same, so I decided on a little social experiment.

I set up a profile with the bare minimum in the profile, just saying I'm new to the area and looking for fun (no more than two lines) coupled with a single picture of a stereotypical alpha male in a wife beater (6ft2 and good looking).

I didn't quite expect a deluge of messages ( early on 5 to 6 a day), and over 90% of messages I sent out were responded to ( these were crap ones starting out with 'hey, what's up', 'up for some adventures?' Etc). I was offered phone numbers, meet up requests and even last night a woman gave me her address to visit her after a night out!

Sometimes to lose some of these women (I couldn't juggle them all) I would say something overtly sexual (the messages they claim they hate) but on the whole they would respond positively and loved me being forthright! These were also from all manner of women, from the stupid chav with a profile written like Chaucer to the most erudite and apparently intelligent of the species that inhabit online dating with serious prim and proper profiles.

It is very apparent that women are as much if not more superficial than the men when it comes to the sweet shop that online dating represents.

I've just killed the fake profile before Mr H broke too many hearts.

Pretty much sums up my experience in the UK

Here in Oz I have faired a little better although have met the same usual suspects - religious freaks and borderline bunny boilers. Also found that a little overweight means bodyframe of Pat Butcher :lol:

Encouragingly I met a degree qualified Iranian woman on Saturday who was a cracker - very elegant, erudite, and nothing like most Aussie women (tats, crude, overweight, self obsessed). Meeting for coffee turned into 4 hours of interesting chat. Got a follow up offer of dinner on Wednesday so fingers crossed B)

HOLA4411

Here in Oz I have faired a little better although have met the same usual suspects - religious freaks and borderline bunny boilers.

Are there really that many "religious freaks". I would have thought they'd be looking for someone who shared their beliefs? What happens, do they try to convert you?

HOLA4412

Are there really that many "religious freaks". I would have thought they'd be looking for someone who shared their beliefs? What happens, do they try to convert you?

There are a lot of happy clappy churches here in Perth. They just extra brownie points for bringing new sheep into the flock.

HOLA4413

One thing I learnt is if you doubt the attractiveness of a girl on her profile picture, but subsequently think "she'll do" prepare to be disappointed. Most people on online dating post their best pictures, often taken years ago; from the right angle, when the sun is in the right direction and after a thousand attempts. If you think "well their okay" prepare to be horrendously disappointed.

Also I have found despite tailoring my profile, not being too bad-looking, not being a total douche (like a lot of people on there)and writing an interesting message to a girl when interested in her, I have achieved a 90% failure rate. And that's just for replies back. Had many girls tell me their life story and acted extremely keen, yet when it comes to actually meeting up they changed the subject, but still continued sending me long essay replies about their lives. This is what I believe is called "attention whoring". I now keep it short and sweet and if by the 4th or 5th message they show no sign in wanting to meet up I go onto the next.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sent woman a message last night. She had made virtually no effort with her profile but she was in my age range, is slim, and liked the outdoors, so worth a shot.

She sent back a rather arrogant reply about how she picky she was, slagging off most of the stuff on my profile and saying how it didn't meet her criteria.

I think 'she's joking' so play along with it. She replies again with more arrogance, telling me to pose for a certain way in a new picture to prove I'm good looking enough.

I snap, and send her a scathing reply, asking where on earth she got the impression that being so arrogant and entitled would endear her to anyone, and why would I want to invest my time with such a person.

She replies quickly. I didn't look at the reply for fear of what abuse lay within.

I opened the reply and.... she apologised and asked me out tonight. Basically offered to pay for the coffee too.

I'm busy tonight - so we're meeting tomorrow night instead. Should be interesting.

HOLA4416

Sent woman a message last night. She had made virtually no effort with her profile but she was in my age range, is slim, and liked the outdoors, so worth a shot.

She sent back a rather arrogant reply about how she picky she was, slagging off most of the stuff on my profile and saying how it didn't meet her criteria.

I think 'she's joking' so play along with it. She replies again with more arrogance, telling me to pose for a certain way in a new picture to prove I'm good looking enough.

I snap, and send her a scathing reply, asking where on earth she got the impression that being so arrogant and entitled would endear her to anyone, and why would I want to invest my time with such a person.

She replies quickly. I didn't look at the reply for fear of what abuse lay within.

I opened the reply and.... she apologised and asked me out tonight. Basically offered to pay for the coffee too.

I'm busy tonight - so we're meeting tomorrow night instead. Should be interesting.

Good luck - keep us posted

Hope you have sorted out the other problem.

HOLA4417

I have been on my third date with an Iranian women which has been quite interesting. She is very matter of fact happily describing what she likes / dislikes, her personal boundaries, expectations of partner. Quite refreshing after numerous encounters with mercurial British / Australian women.

My Indian friend who has had a lot of contact with Persian's and the Indian Parsee community reckons Persian women are the tops. Even the well educated ones believe it is their duty to look after their husbands or boyfriends whereas western women believe it is their duty to make their partners lives a complete misery :lol:

HOLA4418

She's probably a looker used to men fawning over her. You stood up to her and thus are attractive. However, I predict:

i) She'll have some crazy crazy issue inside her head. Real good lookers on internet dating sites tend to

ii) She's try to get you in a place where she knows she controls your attention/attraction and then will drop you like a hot potato once she has 'won'.

Basically, treat her blunt and hard like you have no interest, and you'll likely get a shag. Treat her nicely, and you'll never see her bedroom. :blink:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

She's probably a looker used to men fawning over her. You stood up to her and thus are attractive. However, I predict:

i) She'll have some crazy crazy issue inside her head. Real good lookers on internet dating sites tend to

ii) She's try to get you in a place where she knows she controls your attention/attraction and then will drop you like a hot potato once she has 'won'.

Basically, treat her blunt and hard like you have no interest, and you'll likely get a shag. Treat her nicely, and you'll never see her bedroom. :blink:

What he said.

HOLA4421
1. Not turn up - best way to get back at you is to waste your time and leave her knowing that you wanted to date her but she didn't want you.

I actually considered this, and wondered if I was being terribly paranoid. Ill sleep on it and maybe cancel tomorrow - perhaps this is someone I shouldn't be inviting into my life in any shape or form.

HOLA4422

I actually considered this, and wondered if I was being terribly paranoid. Ill sleep on it and maybe cancel tomorrow - perhaps this is someone I shouldn't be inviting into my life in any shape or form.

Yep. Is it worth it even if you do get your leg over? I mean, what kind of grief can she give you afterwards?

HOLA4423

Cancel it. She'll only mess with your head. She obviously sees relationships as a battle where she has to come out on top. She might not turn up, or she will turn up, act like the perfect woman until she thinks she's got you hooked, then start to do you down.

Why even bother starting anything? Relationships based on game-playing are crap anyway. This one didn't even start normal.

Her behaviour is odd....I wouldn't trust her as far as I could launch her with someone else's bargepole....or something like that...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Going to cancel it.

Firstly because I think I should start being a bit more choosy about who I meet.

But mainly because I have a bad feeling in my gut about the whole thing. My gut instinct has usually been right in the past.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Archived