House Price Crash Forum

A Place In Greece

HOLA441

http://www.placeoncrete.com/Brian_and_Andrew5.html

"Q There are rumours that you and Andrew have split up. That is the reason for your having to leave Crete

A Let me tell you. There are many mischief makers in this world who thrive on bad news, or if there isn't any bad news, they create it. Andrew and I have never been closer and we live, at present, in a wonderful part of London.

There is no point in hiding from the fact that Andrew had to return to the UK to earn a living. Our Taverna, The Beach Hut, did very well but when the season ended there was no income and there was a substantial loan that needed servicing to the Bank.

We borrowed against the house, to prop up a local company. This was after really looking into the figures. We felt the problem was short term and agreed. The bank lent a 6 figure sum. Later we found there was an additional Black Hole which resulted in the owner leaving the island one night, never to return.

We were left with an investment in a company that had debts and no income. He robbed the company and left many people, including ourselves, high and dry.

We had no alternative but to sell the house, which we did, and return to the UK.

We would love to return to Crete. Re-grouping is the order of the day and one day it will happen.

So, in answer to your question, both Andrew and Brian are alive and well, and living together in London, with Rupert the remaining lab and Georgie, the three legged cat. Watch this space!"

Foreign dream turned sour. You could see it coming a mile off.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Who the *** are Brian and Andrew?

Channel 4 overseas property ramping program from a few years back.

They did a couple of series like a place in greece and a place in slovakia.

Musta been a spin of from "a place in the sun"....which could be single handedly for encouraging all the foreign "property investment" from the UK.

Anyways, Brian and Andrew were the "nice boys" from the greece series:

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/more-programmes/a-place-in-greece-08-06-18_p_1.html

HOLA444

http://www.placeoncrete.com/Brian_and_Andrew5.html

"Q There are rumours that you and Andrew have split up. That is the reason for your having to leave Crete

b]

We would love to return to Crete. Re-grouping is the order of the day and one day it will happen.

So, in answer to your question, both Andrew and Brian are alive and well, and living together in London, with Rupert the remaining lab and Georgie, the three legged cat. Watch this space!"

Foreign dream turned sour. You could see it coming a mile off.

Ahh yes I remember the window well...they are dreamers...so much effort put into creating a pipe dream..

HOLA445

Ahh yes I remember the window well...they are dreamers...so much effort put into creating a pipe dream..

On the other hand, at least they tried...even if it was doomed to failure.

I wonder how much they sold for, it must have been after the credit crunch struck.

HOLA446

If I recall correctly, this was one series I would love to watch in its entirety .... if it's the right people: Two gay blokes (one REALLY annoying) and another couple, decided to build a place that they could share. It started off as a holiday home, but the annoying bloke kept stamping his feet and wanted to get his way over everything.

The build was 2 storeys - Mr Annoying + partner would have the top (best view); other couple would have the ground floor.

Mr Annoying decided (for example) that he wanted a huge glass window overlooking the view, that would drop down to the ground - the trouble was, that meant the people on the ground floor couldn't have a view as the above window would be dropping down to where their window would be. Then the quotes came in and it was horrifically expensive. Generally speaking, Mr Annoying wanted top this, top that, top the other - and everything was to be split 50:50 for costs - and every penny he wanted to spend, reduced the spend on the ground floor apartment for the other couple.

So, Mr Annoying and his partner started living out there full-time - and the other couple had it as a holiday home. Mr Annoying's flat was built first. The other couple turned up once to find strangers in their place, because Mr Annoying had let some strangers from the local pub just move in.

All very odd .... "must watch" viewing if you can get the whole series and watch it in one go.

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/more-programmes/a-place-in-greece-08-06-18_p_1.html

HOLA447
HOLA448

If I recall correctly, this was one series I would love to watch in its entirety .... if it's the right people: Two gay blokes (one REALLY annoying) and another couple, decided to build a place that they could share. It started off as a holiday home, but the annoying bloke kept stamping his feet and wanted to get his way over everything.

The build was 2 storeys - Mr Annoying + partner would have the top (best view); other couple would have the ground floor.

Mr Annoying decided (for example) that he wanted a huge glass window overlooking the view, that would drop down to the ground - the trouble was, that meant the people on the ground floor couldn't have a view as the above window would be dropping down to where their window would be. Then the quotes came in and it was horrifically expensive. Generally speaking, Mr Annoying wanted top this, top that, top the other - and everything was to be split 50:50 for costs - and every penny he wanted to spend, reduced the spend on the ground floor apartment for the other couple.

So, Mr Annoying and his partner started living out there full-time - and the other couple had it as a holiday home. Mr Annoying's flat was built first. The other couple turned up once to find strangers in their place, because Mr Annoying had let some strangers from the local pub just move in.

All very odd .... "must watch" viewing if you can get the whole series and watch it in one go.

Sounds an awful program. Reality TV sucks, unless it is something like spring watch. At least the main stars in that don't know they are on TV. Though the BBC3 version of it in Mongrels suggests otherwise and was very funny.

Did the second couple walk out on the deal then? I think I would if I found strangers in my house.

HOLA449

i remember this series. one of the gay men was so annoying and really a nasty piece of work. they way they treated their friends was quite appalling. he seemed to think that the world existed to pander to him. he has such delusions of grandeur as putting a huge panoramic window and using up funds so that the friend's portion of hte house remained unfurnished although they had paid him money to do it up.

i guess being featured in a tv show could only lead to a bigger ego and more playing up in front of the camera

HOLA4410

Yip, that's the people. They old fag was quite a piece of work and if i'd been the other couple i'd have walked away. I wonder what happened to them when they "refinanced" the villa.

I wonder how many brits will be buying abroad in the next decade !!!

HOLA4411

Yip, that's the people. They old fag was quite a piece of work and if i'd been the other couple i'd have walked away. I wonder what happened to them when they "refinanced" the villa.

Was just talking about this the other day, as our landlord is replacing the 12ft window in our living room and consulted on what design I wanted.( not all landlords are shitters).

the fat gay guy was a total shit, and Mrs loo and I couldnt beleive the power he appeared to hold over everyone else....and he was a chain smoker...must have stunk.

HOLA4412

They were a disaster waiting to happen as were the others featured in a place in France(Nigel the tv presenter turned indian restaurant owner turned tent dweller and Nippy the Indian subpostmaster who had the sense to sell his share) and a place in Spain featuring the fat Welsh bloke who is probably still trying to sell his fish farm to fund his wifes dream of a place in the sun.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Thousands will be wanting to escape the debtridden economic wasteland of the UK!

HOLA4416

Thousands will be wanting to escape the debtridden economic wasteland of the UK!

Dare say they will, but many will not be wanting to pay an over inflated price for people to doss around in the sun all day getting pissed!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

A family member of ours lives in Crete, and we rented a villa there for three months from Sept to December 3 years ago to see if we would like to move out, but thats another story !!

We were living in Gavalohori / Almaryida near chania and We got to know Andrew and Brian quite well in our three months. mailnly through being in the bars on the beach.

Nice enough, but very Gay, totally gullible and completely lacking in bussiness accumen, they ran a series of ventures themselves and for others all of which failed.

But they are not alone, most of the expats we met, and there were many were bored (although would never admit it) bitchy and cliquey. not our scene at all .

Needless to say we couldn't wait to get home !

ajax2001

HOLA4421

Sounds an awful program. Reality TV sucks,

I find that nearly all TV sucks. I had this misfortune this evening to watch a show called "odd one in" at my in-laws place. Truly, shockingly, mind numbingly puerile.

Guess who's telling the truth.

If you want to guess who's telling the truth why not watch newsnight, question time, cnbc or the parliament channel? At least your knowledge of current events might increase? I suppose the problem is that in the "odd one in" show - at least ONE of them is telling the truth...

sorry for the rant.

HOLA4422

I didn't ever see this although my wife did and informed me it was hilarious.

We have recently been looking (again) at moving to Crete and also build costs. I was a little taken aback at the talk in the region of 1000 euros per sq metre which doesn't make a 200 sq m house come cheap. Its surprising given their supposed troubles and proliferation of cheap Bulgarian/Albanian labour. Although build costs are not our only problem and we feel the timing is not quite right to choose to move there so we'll stay put and looka t extending the family instead, far more fun anyway ;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425