House Price Crash Forum

Krusty's Back! C4 8pm Tonight.

HOLA441
Drives me mad too, but don't you like to be proud of your house? I didn't see the clip last night, but remember how editted this is. She might well have said something much less appalling in context.

To be fair, I'm not sure about jealousy, wanting your mates to be jealous of you seems somehow nasty, but would I like them to think "wow, what an amazing place" when they are entertained at my house? Yes, for sure. Just the same as I love to say the same thing every day when I walk through the door.

True. I guess the way these people are portrayed is down to what makes good TV, so it's probably good to take it all with a pinch of salt.

I do like being proud of my house. Our current house is lovely and i'm very proud to be living in it even though we're renting it from someone else (actually, it's owned by my parents-in-law).

I used to spend all of my spare time on my old house (the one i sold). There was a never-ending list of jobs that needed doing, and if we had guests over i used to work even harder to make an impression.

Making them jealous: No.

Making it look better than when they were last over: Definitely.

Edited by the stig

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Guest X-QUORK
"Dina wants a house that will impress her friends and make them feel jealous..."

I hope you end up homeless and bankrupt you shallow, odious waste of oxygen.

That's a beautiful piece of vitriol, I take my hat off to you.

HOLA443

i am going to sound really horrible, but everytime i saw dina's husband, all i could think off was, god you look really ugly. maybe she feels that she cannot make her friends 'jealous' because of her husband, but she can compensate by making them jealous by buying the 'wow factor' (hate this phrase) house

HOLA444
i am going to sound really horrible, but everytime i saw dina's husband, all i could think off was, god you look really ugly. maybe she feels that she cannot make her friends 'jealous' because of her husband, but she can compensate by making them jealous by buying the 'wow factor' (hate this phrase) house

Don't forget the "dream house" and "curb appeal".

The latter just makes me think of American History X though. :unsure:

These little phrases are actually significant though. Once upon a time, people bought a house on a balance of suitability to their needs space-wise and location against what they could afford.

Now, at the behest of the propedee industry and especially Krusty et al. its about emotion (excused away with reference to "nesting instincts" which are apparently an evolutionary trait selected in the last 10 years that applies to a lot of people will beyond doing any, er, hatching of their own).

The whole set-up of her show and ones like it is quite funny; first they ramp up the idea that purchasing a home is purely about out of control, practically incontinent emoting (...people routinely "fall hopelessly in love" with a piles of bricks at the end of the cul-de-sac apaprently) and then when that reaches a crescendo, "expert" Krusty wades in complaining about the grouting in the bathroom and rights of access to the driveway as the voice of wisdom.

Even if they were giving good advice (which they aren't) the whole thing is completely manipulative.

And you all already knew that, just had to get it off my chest.

Edited by Cogs

HOLA445

Bear in mind she had an **** the size of Bangla Desh.That's A*** not C*** by the way.

Edited by profitofdoom

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Tonights Location, Location, Location

Radio Times:

'Can a dose of the new economic reality from Kirstie and Phil persuade...[these numpties] .. to let their heads rule their hearts?'

Are this pair of chancers now seen as guru's of 'the new economic reality?'

How was that perspective reflected in last weeks show? These two couldn't administer a dose of ExLax.

I thought Krusty always denied there was any new housing reality - it just always goes up, doesn't it?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Their 'budget' flashed up was Dec 2007. This program is so far out of date.

I suspected as much when they mentioned L'pooool as city of culture in 2008.

I'm switching over to watch 11 other buffoons instead.

Edited by deflation

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
So Krusty says the couple are ONLY spendng £150,000 more than her first time buyers!

£150,0000 is an awful lot of money to some, Krusty. :angry:

Especially to waste on a house they are not keen on.

The fact is they could have kept going past Gayton and found 4 bedroom houses in Pensby within their budget but Phil didn't know that with all his contacts :rolleyes:

HOLA4421

thought it summed it up nicely.

two silly girls buying a slly done up flat rather than the bigger one... and one of them didn't like it as much. What was that all about and nearly 200k. And not even being bothered about the huge amount of money and the tiny space.

FFS

And then the mad couple wanting a huge dream home for 350k. I seriously thought they'd be down south with that budget not the blinking wirral.

Shocking.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

It's interesting to watch Location, Location, Location (currently getting 2.3m viewers) morphing week-by-week into The Phil and Kirstie Show.

What actually is this show now?

The punters couldn't be more uninteresting. Tonight's were a dull, picky, monosyllabic grey couple; and a pair of giggling young women.

The activity the show has at its core - traipsing from house to house looking at them - is dull in the extreme.

And what is the presenters role? Find houses that might fit and take the punters round there.

Now that the greed/investment element is waning (thank god), it's just people looking at empty houses.

I think the producers have finally realised this, and realised that the presenters' relationship alone can keep the show afloat.

Thus the increasing number of vaguely 'suggestive', mock combative, affectionate-but-mildly-critical exchanges, when both P&K are on screen, and in voice-over. 'Phil's got trouble in the bedroom' says Kirsty, and Phil tells us he's always willing 'to get his wand out'.

Faux contests are mooted - will Kirstie find her couples dream home before Phil succeeds? Will Phil's North London flat 'win out' over Kirstie's Hertforshire semi? Like an old married couple shaking their heads over the antics of their indecisive offspring, they meet to exchange war stories, engage in mock rivalry, and banter a little.

Their juvenile remarks about bedrooms and wands are interlarded with 'moments' of relative intimacy, when the exasperating indecision of house hunters reduces (usually Kirstie) to a slightly testy fatigue. Reliable Phil commiserates; a reassuring, almost husbandly physical contact may be made.

All over the UK, married women prod their semi-comatose husbands and say " I wish you were a bit more supportive, like that wossname Spencer, even though he's potless now..."

Somebody up the C4 heirarchy has decided that P&K can be developed into a marketable double-act, on the Richard and Judy model.

We may be watching a test run. A few more gags; up the sexual tension a little, a tad extra of mock-irritation, and an unending flow of puerile banter seems to be the recipe.

' Nigel! Maybe we could use them in another format?.. holiday programme? Own chat show?..Waiter!! Another bottle here.."

Incredibly, this discredited pair are still going down well with 2.3 million viewers. That's 600,000 per week more than Beeny....

As Marwood says of dealer Danny in Withnail and I.."Will we never be free?.."

God help us all...

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4424
Kirstie and Phil have the gall to return with a new series.

Those degenerates who fancy her - boxing gloves on during the show, please....

Yeah I'd have to wear boxing gloves in her company

So I didn't bruise my knuckles as I repeatedly punched her in the face.

:blink:

HOLA4425
I don't mind admitting it, but i got quite emotional watching LLL last night. It suddenly dawned on me how crazy the whole situation is, and how we're still an island of wannabe property speculators.

This is why I think the crash has a LONG way to go. Even after the last few years, people still have the idea of making loads on rapidly rising house prices. People are still obsessed with this idea, and until people start looking at houses as places to live in rather than investments I can't see prices recovering to their normal mean for many years.