House Price Crash Forum

Hpc.co.uk Ruined My Life

HOLA441
I should have bought a house in March, or better still three years ago. Why oh why did I listen to you crackpots? With your crash fairytales!

"Gravity always wins" so you said. No it does not!

The government always wins. Vested interests always win. The little guy always loses. The game is rigged. The system preserves itself. Better join up than be trampled on, claiming the direction is insanity.

"HPI is irrational and unsustainable" so you said. The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent Keynes pointed out.

"This will end in riots and revolution" so you said. No it won't! We have no taste for revolution. People are either too dumb or too lazy to do anything about being shafted by bankers, politicians and international corporations yet again. It has always been this way, always will. Tell them their crap house has gone up in value and they are happy to be debt slaves their whole lives.

It could be worse - the cat could have eaten the dilithium crystals

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest DisposableHeroes
I should have bought a house in March, or better still three years ago. Why oh why did I listen to you crackpots? With your crash fairytales!

The government always wins. Vested interests always win. The little guy always loses. The game is rigged. The system preserves itself. Better join up than be trampled on, claiming the direction is insanity.

"HPI is irrational and unsustainable" so you said. The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent Keynes pointed out.

"This will end in riots and revolution" so you said. No it won't! We have no taste for revolution. People are either too dumb or too lazy to do anything about being shafted by bankers, politicians and international corporations yet again. It has always been this way, always will. Tell them their crap house has gone up in value and they are happy to be debt slaves their whole lives.

It ain't fair and it's a pile of sh1te, but you can't live in the past.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Skinty
Yes maybe it should carry a legal warning to this effect and that following its advice can seriously damage your wealth yet to materialise

You missed a bit ...

HOLA447

Best things come to those who wait

HOLA448
HOLA449

Wait - Hamish is also scottish, could it be... ? :o

HOLA4410

In that case please provide an example of a financial situation where the fundamentals have been defied indefinitely.

Calm down. People have thought this during other bouts of market insanity and look what happened to them.

But if you don't spend you money then you won't go insolvent. It cuts both ways. People who wait for house prices to go back up are in for a very nasty shock.

I can't argue with you point on voter apathy. Just sit back, isolate yourself from others' mistakes and most importantly don't panic!

HOLA4411
Guest Parry aka GOD
So, who makes the best tenants? :)

(Don't say Wellpark Brewery)

See!

You try standing outside a Subway dressed as a Bacon, Tomato and Lettuce sandwich every Saturday with kids laughing at you and kicking you in the crust!

HOLA4412

You're in the first generation of people who wasted their lives on the Internet, posting meaningless tosh or making meaningless "friends" or listening to unsubstantiated junk on a who-gives-a-damn Forum. I couldn't agree more with you. Now pull yourself together man; dust yourself off and go and do something constructive. Like you should have done a long time ago!

HOLA4413

As a follower since the birth of this site 2003, this is the way I see it.

2003 - No HPC

2004 - No HPC

2005 - No HPC

2006 - No HPC

2007 - No HPC

2008 - No HPC

2009 - Hoorah for HPC. Full blown crash underway. How insightful and well predicted (my 3rse)

In each year an HPC was imminent.

Talk about anything for long enough and it will happen. Thats all that can be said of the majority of HPC members.

Watching people state the obvious and claim to be clever in the process has been an amusing pastime for me.

HOLA4414
Guest Skinty
See!

You try standing outside a Subway dressed as a Bacon, Tomato and Lettuce sandwich every Saturday with kids laughing at you and kicking you in the crust!

Oh well, it's one way to earn your crust ..

Just as well you're not the main bread winner eh?

HOLA4415
Guest Parry aka GOD
Oh well, it's one way to earn your crust ..

Just as well you're not the main bread winner eh?

Owww . . . that was close. HPC joke nearly went bad.

Parry = NOT REALLY A BLT IT WAS A JOKE.

Thank you, Skinty.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest DisposableHeroes
You're in the first generation of people who wasted their lives on the Internet, posting meaningless tosh or making meaningless "friends" or listening to unsubstantiated junk on a who-gives-a-damn Forum. I couldn't agree more with you. Now pull yourself together man; dust yourself off and go and do something constructive. Like you should have done a long time ago!

Owwwww Gooooood, truth hurts.

When will we start to hear the stories on the news "one man has been found to have posted..."

And that note.

HOLA4418

2003 - No HPC

2004 - No HPC

2005 - No HPC

2006 - No HPC

2007 - No HPC

2008 - No HPC

2009 - Hoorah for HPC. Full blown crash underway. How insightful and well predicted (my 3rse)

Talk about anything for long enough and it will happen. Thats all that can be said of the majority of HPC members.

Watching people state the obvious and claim to be clever in the process has been an amusing pastime for me.

It's no fun playing football when the opposition deploys movable goal posts!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

And yet, a whole 181 posts to your name!!!?!?

HOLA4421
Guest Parry aka GOD
I see that while there may be a shortage of people who have read Shakespeare on this site, followers of Yoda everywhere to be found are.

So you're saying you've not been entertained one bit by this asylum?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

2003 - No HPC

2004 - No HPC

2005 - No HPC

2006 - No HPC

2007 - HPC started

2008 - HPC in full dive

2009 - HPC begins to flatten out

Corrected.

Of course HPC did take longer than expected. Even the Bank of England thought it was inevitable in 2002. Link

Edited by Nationalist

HOLA4424

Talk about anything for long enough and it will happen.

WRONG! GORDON BROWN ERADICATED BOOM AND BUST!!

The fact we were still able to see it coming after that is nothing short of prophetic.

HOLA4425
And yet, a whole 181 posts to your name!!!?!?

Did I say I wasn't in the same generation? I think not! You most certainly are in it, up to your 1,542 post neck.

I've never seen a thread moved off-topic so fast. Maybe the truth does hurt.