House Price Crash Forum

Whats The Best Cool *1shinny Thing You've Recently Bought?

Guest Disposable Heroes

HOLA441
Guest DisposableHeroes
A £55k aircraft. Dont want to say the type as anyone in the know would work out who I am.

Hey, cool.

high in the sky, looking down at the world rushing by... Watching Buzzards glide in the breeze...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest DisposableHeroes
? :huh:

Just a flip of the old "what if a bus knocked you down tomorrow". In other words if your saving hard for a house too, good on you.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest DisposableHeroes
Sealife DC1000 underwater camera, plus all the extras. Depth rated to 60 metres and takes lovely photos.

60 metres, that's some bit of kit. I'm still amazed at how quickly film camera's converted to digital. I love the way you can happily snap away, not worry about the film running out, the cost of dud shots and developing.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest bound

A shiny red brompton bike.

It rocks!

Because I got it on the cycle to work scheme where I pay out of my pay cheque I'm saving money as I don't have to use public transport any more!

HOLA4410
Guest DisposableHeroes
A shiny red brompton bike.

It rocks!

Because I got it on the cycle to work scheme where I pay out of my pay cheque I'm saving money as I don't have to use public transport any more!

I would seriously love to get one of them. The best folding bike design, great purchase. I need to know, how many gears?, handle bar type?, lights?, rack?, how far have you ridden on the steed?

In your own time...

Great article by Will Self, for you to read:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-...ike-926741.html

HOLA4411

I was about reply "nothing"; I seem to have exhausted the lode of materialism within me.

I think the last thing I bought was a (new) boat (30', sailing) about 3 years ago. Since then: zip. No car replacements, no phone upgrades, no toys. Nothing. (Unless you count gold coins or shares!)

But then I remembered what I was doing on Friday; spending £60 on tickets at Edgbaston and £250 on the train to get there. Not "shiny" but much, much better value.

Re: bikes. I have a big birthday coming up and have been asked if I want a custom-built bike for a pressie. Hmm; maybe there's just a little bit of materialism left.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest DisposableHeroes
I was about reply "nothing"; I seem to have exhausted the lode of materialism within me.

I think the last thing I bought was a (new) boat (30', sailing) about 3 years ago. Since then: zip. No car replacements, no phone upgrades, no toys. Nothing. (Unless you count gold coins or shares!)

But then I remembered what I was doing on Friday; spending £60 on tickets at Edgbaston and £250 on the train to get there. Not "shiny" but much, much better value.

Re: bikes. I have a big birthday coming up and have been asked if I want a custom-built bike for a pressie. Hmm; maybe there's just a little bit of materialism left.

Sailing on the water, the salty smell of the fresh see air. Sea gulls effortlessly flying on the off shore breeze...

Carbon, steel, titanium, aluminium, which groupset....

HOLA4418
Guest tbatst2000
Yes. CARBON FIBRE frame. Owwww, can you see the weave?

Oh yes! It's got a polished finish to make it really obvious too.

I just know it's going to make you faster and climb those hills better. Is it fitted with Shimano, Campagnolo or Sram?

Mainly Shimano dura-ace with the exception of the chainwheel which is an FSA one with carbon cranks. I do get the up hills quicker on it for sure, but I think the largest part of the reason is that I can almost hear the bike telling me I'm not worthy to ride it. Kind of like a high maintenance girlfriend I guess.

HOLA4419
Guest DisposableHeroes
A one way plane ticket.

Off to another land with new horizons, possibilities, adventures...

Edited by DisposableHeroes

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest DisposableHeroes
Oh yes! It's got a polished finish to make it really obvious too.

Mainly Shimano dura-ace with the exception of the chainwheel which is an FSA one with carbon cranks. I do get the up hills quicker on it for sure, but I think the largest part of the reason is that I can almost hear the bike telling me I'm not worthy to ride it. Kind of like a high maintenance girlfriend I guess.

It's telling you to get on and make the most out of it's potential, climb those hills with more pleasure, improving your health with each pedal turn.

DURA-ACE, POLISHED FINISHED, CARBON WEAVE, very nice.

Full Speed Ahead.

Edited by DisposableHeroes

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425