House Price Crash Forum

Whats The Best Cool *1shinny Thing You've Recently Bought?

Guest Disposable Heroes

HOLA441
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Paramotor? Would love to get one of those. I can't help but look up and admire the people and the grace of the aircraft.

That's the jobby! I have a couple and have been flying them loads this summer since I moved down to Sussex. Fly paragliders too but the hills are a bit limiting compared to sticking a motor on your back. Going to the Isle of Wight for a family holiday later this month so plan to fly there and back.

(edit for spelling)

Edited by v23nb

HOLA444
Wrong thread or Forum?

I think the poor lad has read too many threads mentioning the likes of Gordon Brown, Grant Bovey et al. and concluded that the forum discussion is all about cocks...

... or pricks, depending on your choice of vernacular!

gB

HOLA445
Guest DisposableHeroes
he reached out for the nearest thing at hand - which happened to be a 15inch black rubber ****.

Edit: Sorry - wrong thread.

Well for some people to have a....

HOLA446
Guest DisposableHeroes
That's the jobby! I have a couple and have been flying them loads this summer since I moved down to Sussex. Fly paragliders too but the hills are a bit limiting compared to sticking a motor on your back. Going to the Isle of Wight for a family holiday later this month so plan to fly there and back.

(edit for spelling)

Bloody great.

My gramp in his eighties did a tandem paraglide on holiday, a couple of years back. He said it was the best thing he had done.

Flying to the Isle Wight will be a cool adventure.

HOLA447
I had to google them. They look pretty damn cool to me. I bet it's like sitting in a cinema.

Yes they are pretty good fun. Best of all they are very cheap. In total for a pair of bass shakers, an amp to power them and postage from America (The only place I could find them) cost £103.

Best bang for your buck for AV equipment in my opinion.

HOLA448
Guest DisposableHeroes
A Wii to play with the kids, god it's fun and what a laugh.

A new tent to get away from getting thrashed on the Wii.

Seeing kids have fun, warms the heart.

Love being at one with nature tucked up in a tent. Waking up in the morning, cooking breakfast on a gas stove (eggs, bacon, sausages). All you see is the natural world around you.

HOLA449
Guest DisposableHeroes
Yes they are pretty good fun. Best of all they are very cheap. In total for a pair of bass shakers, an amp to power them and postage from America (The only place I could find them) cost £103.

Best bang for your buck for AV equipment in my opinion.

That is good. On seeing the pictures I was expecting them to cost much more, got yourself a cool bargain there. Good feeling that.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest DisposableHeroes
A very nice oak chest of drawers and a large mirror from a small local shop, the chest was massively discounted due to the manufacturer going bankrupt....

Looking at the grains on oak it's like looking at art. Wood has a real quality to it, natural, self sustaining, love it in the house.

Sad to hear the manufacturer going bankrupt, but good to hear it's furniture going to a good home.

Look in the mirror and the beautiful reflection.

Edited by DisposableHeroes

HOLA4413
Guest DisposableHeroes
I've been toying with the idea for months and finally just done a deal on a LP560-4

TC

A Gallardo is the best looking super car. Lamborghini heritage with Audi reliability, super car perfection.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

After spending just over £200 on an Asus eeepc 901 netbook a few months back I recently spent almost the same again on a high-speed 64GB solid state drive to put in it. I get all-a-quiver using it now (running Ubuntu and compiz for gratuitous 3d eye-candy).

Yes, I'm a bit sad like that.

HOLA4418
Glad you enjoyed it :-)

If you're ever there again, be sure to pass through Argentiere and stop by the Office Bar for a beer or two!

gB

P.S. Apropos the original thread of the coolest thing to buy: happiness

You live there? You lucky lucky boy.

Did you catch any of the Tour when they were up the road? They were over the top in Martigny weren't they and then back around through Megeve and into Cluses. Watched that whole day's coverage. Just superb.

HOLA4419
Guest DisposableHeroes
After spending just over £200 on an Asus eeepc 901 netbook a few months back I recently spent almost the same again on a high-speed 64GB solid state drive to put in it. I get all-a-quiver using it now (running Ubuntu and compiz for gratuitous 3d eye-candy).

Yes, I'm a bit sad like that.

It's a good size the 901, some of the other netbooks are a bit too big. The batteries must last a long time using solid state rather that HD. Ubuntu must be the most popular linux distribution now. Loads of forum's about hacking netbooks, seen some explain how they put Windows 7 on and OSX.

Edited by DisposableHeroes

HOLA4420
You live there? You lucky lucky boy.

Did you catch any of the Tour when they were up the road? They were over the top in Martigny weren't they and then back around through Megeve and into Cluses. Watched that whole day's coverage. Just superb.

Yep, a quick hop on the train down to Martigny to watch 'em go by. No-one saw me on the telly though :-( what a swizz

That road down from Megeve to Sallaches is awesome to drive down!

gB

HOLA4421
It's a good size the 901, some of the other network are a bit too big. The batteries must last a long time using solid state rather that HD. Ubuntu must be the most popular linux distribution now. Loads of forum's about hacking netbooks, seen some explain how they put Windows 7 on and OSX.

The 901's battery life with the default linux is very impressive. Somewhat less so with Ubuntu and the new bigger drive (which gets noticeably warm in use), but 4 hours of wifi browsing is still realistic. Only real downer for me at present is Ubuntu's apparent lack of support for a proper vsync'd display, so there is some tearing when watching videos (the machine is perfectly capable of playing normal divx stuff, even straight off an sdhc card if you want). Wifi reception (and I suppose transmission) is very good indeed.

The 901 is particulary pimpable. Memory and secondary drive are easily swapped out via the bottom hatch, just like a normal laptop. Some loons have managed to restore a missing drive socket onto the motherboard, allowing a mini-hhd to be be fitted and apparently if you take the thing apart there's another hidden connector that will take a 3g adaptor. Depending upon your sanity and soldering skills there are other silly things you can do to it, though my nerves aren't up to all that.

It's a good toy and makes a lot more sense for public wifi use than carrying a massive laptop around. Recommended.

HOLA4422