House Price Crash Forum

Classic Lines Overheard While Out And About

HOLA441

At school in a class discussion on bloodsports one boy, who had never piped up in class before, said that clay pigeon shooting was the cruellest bloodsport. Intrigued, the teacher asked him why - he said it was terrible the way they coated those poor pigeons in clay and fired them into the air to be shot. We laughed for weeks!

My partner once went to a local wildlife park and asked if they had an Australian dago - he meant dingo!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury
One of the locals takeaways has a section of the menu entitled "Most common dishes".

That seems reasonable to me?

HOLA443

Conversation in a pub yesterday, with a FTB. After telling him point blank he was mad (he was a complete stranger), and going through the 3x average salary, bank credit problems , 40% reductions expected by banks, average prices and wages arguments, his mate said "I don't think prices will go down by more than 10% from here"

The poor fool was buying a slave box for £178k in Peckham (one of the most dangerous areas in London...I live in Brixton, and I wouldn't live there). He justified this by saying:

"the average doesn't matter, because maybe people in London aren't average. They've got mummy and daddy buying them places, so the average is always going to be higher".

Also he said: "I've got 20% off (peak prices), and I earn more than average salary, so I'm showing that I'm risk averse buying this property"

God then sent a tremendous cold shower of rain, which ended the conversation.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA448

Good one today, 'Oh her, she's a lap top dancer!'

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

At a football match, the away team scored, much to my disappointment.

The goal scorer then went up to some of the home fans, and did a dance and made some gestures to the fans there.

"Look at him", said someone in front of me, "He's enticing the crowd".

HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury
At a football match, the away team scored, much to my disappointment.

The goal scorer then went up to some of the home fans, and did a dance and made some gestures to the fans there.

"Look at him", said someone in front of me, "He's enticing the crowd".

Back in the mid 90's I took my girlfriend to a football match between Oxford and Barnet. A lovely gentleman to my right came out with a line I'll never forget following a lovely pass from the Barnet midfielder.

"Number 7, your wife, up the XXXX"

My girlfriend, less than impressed.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
When my kids were small we heard a lot about their class singing 'I am the Lord of the Dark Settee..'

At primary school, I was once sent to the junior class for the day for singing 'I am the lord of the dung-heap'

HOLA4417
My brother, drunk in a bar in Chicago got some worried looks when he said:

"I'm pissed. I'm going for a slash"

Try smoking fags. Or saying you're in the toilet. They think you're literally drowning in the bowl.

While we're on the subject, why do they call it the "bathroom". There's no freakin bath in there! They call us uptight, and yet they can't bring themselves to mention the principal object in the room we all need to visit!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
When my kids were small we heard a lot about their class singing 'I am the Lord of the Dark Settee..'

I remember asking my mother what a 'Dance Settee' was.

Senile great aunt used to ask my uncle to go get her "some of that nice italian bread from the 'Delicate Lesson'".

Its mixed metaphors that really make my cack hang though. People trying to sound smart but ending up sounding like twats.

"We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

"He's a bit green behind the ears"

Archived