House Price Crash Forum

Classic Lines Overheard While Out And About

HOLA441

Here's one I heard a recent sunny weekend walking past some people - not verbatim, but I hope you get the drift.

"You know we don't need a placebo, there are always shady trees we can sit under."

The other person just nodded in agreement, while I nearly weed myself.

Any more?

[edit: added post icon]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
A woman handling a fox fur at a retro clothing market stall. Her friend said 'That's not real fur. It's stimulated...'

I was in a very up market pub restaurant with my blond girlfriend (of the time), I ordered a steak and she ordered a peasant!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Skinty

I went into a hair dressers and asked for a "wet cut and blow". Her curious yet stern glance made me realise that I had forgotten the word "dry".

HOLA4417

I was sat in a American diner near some other Brits.

The Brit woman asked for some Orange juice, the waitress asked if she wanted a pitcher. The Brit woman replied "no thank you, I know what it looks like"

Both me and her husband were pissing ourselves laughing.

HOLA4418

The Brit woman asked for some Orange juice, the waitress asked if she wanted a pitcher. The Brit woman replied "no thank you, I know what it looks like"

Both me and her husband were pissing ourselves laughing.

At Anfield (Watching my team get stuffed) Half time: Scouser in front says to his son "I think you will see a complete change of tactics in the second half" Son:"You think so dad?" Dad: "Yes,they will kick in the other direction".

HOLA4419

I was talking to a woman who was sun bathing beside us at the beach last week, and I mentioned how refreshing it was swimming in the sea.

I asked her if she had been for a swim that day, "I'm afraid not", she said, "I can only swim doggy style"

HOLA4420

Travelling on the tube a few years back with an African Christian Preacher going through the verses, one of the passengers cried

"Blessed are the Big noses". This started off a whole chorus of "I'm Brian"'s etc etc

The African guy looked utterly bemused

HOLA4421

I hate these bastardizations of language, and I hate it when people use them so confidently to try to sound intelligent.

I especially hate mixed metaphors - they provide such a nice giggle for anyone educated enough to know what they wanted to say, but it still grates nonetheless.

"All roads to Rome weren't built in a day"

EH?

"Hoisted on a rod for your own back"

YOU WHAT?

"In the sea of life there are many crossroads"

NON COMPRENDEZ, CABLONE!

Oh, yes "Don't cry over split hairs"

GAAAAAAAAH! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

HOLA4422
Guest theboltonfury

I once heard a man in my old office say, in all seriousness, 'well butter me on both sides and stick me in a Breville'

HOLA4423
Guest Skinty

Ah yes, the Brit in America. Always a source of comedy.

My brother, drunk in a bar in Chicago got some worried looks when he said:

"I'm pissed. I'm going for a slash"

A friend of my mother's after being trapped in a lift with her husband told her rescuers:

"We were banging on the door for ages to get your attention"

Also told of a young girl about the age of 7 bringing down the full wrath of the teacher when she called someone a twit. To her it was like calling someone a muppet or a twit.

HOLA4424
Ah yes, the Brit in America. Always a source of comedy.

My brother, drunk in a bar in Chicago got some worried looks when he said:

"I'm pissed. I'm going for a slash"

A friend of my mother's after being trapped in a lift with her husband told her rescuers:

"We were banging on the door for ages to get your attention"

Also told of a young girl about the age of 7 bringing down the full wrath of the teacher when she called someone a twit. To her it was like calling someone a muppet or a twit.

The Brit in France is good too. A lady gave me a good chuckle when she pointed in Gallic fashion at something in a shop display and asked "Une... of those please". :rolleyes:

HOLA4425
Here's one I heard a recent sunny weekend walking past some people - not verbatim, but I hope you get the drift.

The other person just nodded in agreement, while I nearly weed myself.

Any more?

[edit: added post icon]

What, pacifically, is your point?

Archived