House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown Answered My Youtube Question

HOLA441
HOLA442

OMG - Bumpity bumpity bump!!

I did watch your question when you originally posted it Stevie - but I never for a moment thought he would answer.... WHY your ask.

Well, because its a very well worded HPC question - pretty much sums up everything we have been saying here and puts him on the spot, exposes the truth and ends with the most sarcastic farewell I have ever seen in my life!!

And the hapless fool tries to answer it!!!

Firstly - he looks half bl00dy dead! I dont think I have seen anyone look so tired & unwell - he must have answered this on the day he left his make-up notes in the car.

Secondly, as expected he skirts about answering none of your questions and somehow nanages to twaddle on for a good minute without saying "getting on with the job, doing the right thing or global problem that started in america. LETS not forget, this is about as close as GB answering to HPC.co.uk as we are going to get.

Thirdly, you've got some big balls with the sarcastic farewell. My advice to you would be to stay away from hills. Lets face it, if he had fixed the evil grin in place and said "Goodbyyeeee Steve" at the end of his video in a similar manner, you would now be shitting it big style!!

Edited by sbn

HOLA443

I could have edited but I'm reposting to bump again. Some further thoughts

Your questions are so well formulated and backed up that he simply is unable to answer adequately. and because of this....

Small amount of respect for GB to post a response.

or is he obliged to?

HOLA444
HOLA445

that was class

well done

got the basturt hook line and sinker

yanked him out and slapped him about the gills

he is still gulping for air by the looks of him

I cannot believe he even attempted to answer you tho !

:lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I doubt he wanted to answer it (and obviously didn't really). However, if most of the questions people put to him on youtube were full of personal abuse, from his point of view this might have been the best of a bad bunch.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Greetings all.

Excellent question, articulately worded and delivered with great aplomb! The sort of "Good-bye Gordon" you'd say if you'd had a pistol to his head. Still, we can but dream.

Anyway, the reason for briefly de-lurking is just to clarify what Gordon did actually say in 1997, lest there be any doubt whatsoever. A few choice quotes.

http://archive.treasury.gov.uk/pub/html/bu...xstat.html#hous

36. "It is essential that consumer spending is underpinned by investment and industrial growth."

38. "...some of my predecessors... have deluded themselves into believing that growth, however unbalanced, was evidence of their success. I will not ignore the warning signs and I will not repeat past mistakes."

178. "For most people the acquisition of a house is the biggest single investment they will make. Homeowners rightly expect their investment to be protected by sensible policies pursued by Government."

179. "I am determined that as a country we never return to the instability, speculation, and negative equity that characterised the housing market in the 1980s and 1990s."

180. "Volatility is damaging both to the housing market and to the economy as a whole."

181. "So stability will be central to our policy to help homeowners. And we must be prepared to take the action necessary to secure it."

182. "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the recovery."

186. "The timing of my measure should help to avoid a return to the conditions of the 1980s where the failure to take early action guaranteed worse problems later on. "

© Crown Copyright

Sorry if the above is common knowledge, but it's the first time I've found the actual wording used from an irrefutable source.

What a repulsive little man.

Over and out.

Bob

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Great Job.

Ive been sending them emails for years.

At first they were quite sensible, and well mannered, but, having never recieved a response from the Labour website, NO10 or my local MP, I have to admit, to using IP Blocker, [Which I delude myself will outsmart their techies]

And now I just send them the most outrageous barrage of swearing hate mail....[Which I HAVE to stop doing ] imaginable

Has anyone else found themselves sending hate e mail to Labour?

Or am I alone on their watch list?

[i have to get a hobby that gets me out of the house more :( ]

HOLA4418
OMG - Bumpity bumpity bump!!

I did watch your question when you originally posted it Stevie - but I never for a moment thought he would answer.... WHY your ask.

Well, because its a very well worded HPC question - pretty much sums up everything we have been saying here and puts him on the spot, exposes the truth and ends with the most sarcastic farewell I have ever seen in my life!!

And the hapless fool tries to answer it!!!

Firstly - he looks half bl00dy dead! I dont think I have seen anyone look so tired & unwell - he must have answered this on the day he left his make-up notes in the car.

Secondly, as expected he skirts about answering none of your questions and somehow nanages to twaddle on for a good minute without saying "getting on with the job, doing the right thing or global problem that started in america. LETS not forget, this is about as close as GB answering to HPC.co.uk as we are going to get.

Thirdly, you've got some big balls with the sarcastic farewell. My advice to you would be to stay away from hills. Lets face it, if he had fixed the evil grin in place and said "Goodbyyeeee Steve" at the end of his video in a similar manner, you would now be shitting it big style!!

+1

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

brown doesnt get it

its better to have lower house prices and higher interest rates

that way you can pay off a higher % of the house with a large deposit

i figure they wanted higher house prices so they could reap more through stamp duty

HOLA4424
HOLA4425