• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest มร หล&#3
Happy Birthday!

Have a beer on me. I'll post a tune for you on 'the thread' ;)

Just got a couple of mugs for me birthday from sister-in-law. D'ya tink shes trying ta tell me summut dare?

HOLA444
HOLA445
Number 17 of all time now - just 3,000 more til we overtake the make Jeremy Clarkson prime minister petition to take the number 15 spot.

Just posted on the JC forum, lets hope it generates a few more signatures.

Hi, I belong to another forum.

Just realised that a petition that I support asking for Gordon Brown to resign will shortly overtake the great JC for PM.

It would if we can get more to sign, so far Signatures: 46,720 within ten days. Compared to the closed petition JC for PM Signatures 49,457

Please have a look at the e-petition on the 10 Downing street website

Not to sure being a newbie if I can post a link

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

The good news get rid of Brown, we could get Prime minster Clarkson, hamster (transport and media ) and Captain slow (defence and culture)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Just posted on the JC forum, lets hope it generates a few more signatures.

Hi, I belong to another forum.

Just realised that a petition that I support asking for Gordon Brown to resign will shortly overtake the great JC for PM.

It would if we can get more to sign, so far Signatures: 46,720 within ten days. Compared to the closed petition JC for PM Signatures 49,457

Please have a look at the e-petition on the 10 Downing street website

Not to sure being a newbie if I can post a link

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

The good news get rid of Brown, we could get Prime minster Clarkson, hamster (transport and media ) and Captain slow (defence and culture)

Good job.

For something to go viral, it needs to be continually supported until it reaches critical mass and goes nuclear (with a massive mixing of metaphors I know).

Any time anyone sees a story / website / forum / blog anwhere that shows just how bad Brown and his cronies are, it is a good idea to add a comment referencing the http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/ website. The Wapping / Maidstone story is manna from heaven.

I know that quite a few others have also been doing this but it is my hobby for the next week.

What role do you see for The Stig? I think that Minister of Communications might be good. I relish the thought of being able to draw my own conclusions rather than having the Government trying so hard to tell me what to think.

HOLA4411

I can't find any mentions of this petition on the forum.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Stay-GordonBrown/

Well worth a read, signed by the likes of,

'Who let this arsehole out of his padded cell',

'Only a non-worker who sponges off everyone else would come up with this',

'Adolf Hitler say: "Gordon we can rule the world together"',

etc. etc. etc.

Out of 116 signatures, only a handful look genuine.

It makes for an entertaining read.

nick

HOLA4412
Guest มร หล&#3

etc. etc. etc.

nick

Signed it!

'The Clapham Common Knights'

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
While this is very satisfying and I am grateful to ML for bringing it to our (well at least my) attention, I think that we are at a critical phase.

If change is to happen, this needs to go viral / exponential soon. To get to the stage where we have a true "people's democracy", we need to get at least 2 m signatures before the petition closes.

My predictions are as follows :

Signatures < 50,000 by the close of play on Sunday : signatures < 1 m when the petition closes

50,000 < signatures < 60,000 by the close of play on Sunday : 1 m < signatures < 2 m when the petition closes

60,000 < signatures < 75,000 by the close of play on Sunday : 2 m < signatures < 3 m when the petition closes

Signatures > 75,000 by the close of play on Sunday : signatures > 3 m when the petition closes

I know that many have been doing all that they can to try to help the story go viral using FaceBook, Twitter, email lists, comment positing on MSM websites, letters to the editor etc.

I for one do not want to give GB the satisfaction of seeing a true democratic movement against him fade away before the numbers are overwhelming. I hope that the supporters of this democratic movement will redouble their efforts to try to make this go viral by Sunday night.

It looks like we might get less than 50,000 signatures by the close of play tonight. At 8.24 pm on Sunday 3 May 2009, we have 47,402 petitioners which is an inadequate number for this protest to go viral according to my estimates.

I am very sorry to see that such a worthy cause is not deemed to be important enough that the general public would support it.

Big thanks to ML for bringing it to our attention and apologies to all of the fervent supporters for being unable to make the number of supporters significant.

HOLA4417
Guest anorthosite
It looks like we might get less than 50,000 signatures by the close of play tonight. At 8.24 pm on Sunday 3 May 2009, we have 47,402 petitioners which is an inadequate number for this protest to go viral according to my estimates.

I am very sorry to see that such a worthy cause is not deemed to be important enough that the general public would support it.

Big thanks to ML for bringing it to our attention and apologies to all of the fervent supporters for being unable to make the number of supporters significant.

Its not over yet! Give it time.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Have you seen the PMs response to the Jeremy Clarksons Epetition:

I wonder what the response to this petition is going to be?

your joking.

im starting to feel sorry for the govt. they're obviously trying to harness the power of the internet, and failing totally.

why dont they start with actually sorting out the country?

Banning BTL would be my first move, and banning landlords and multiple house ownership. Until they do that no amount of You Tube videos is going to sway me.

HOLA4420

etc. etc. etc.

nick

my favourite: "David Cameron"

well done for spotting this

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425