House Price Crash Forum

The Calm Before The Storm

HOLA441

ok folks.

73 users here tonight,hard pushed to get 150 the last couple of nights.....yet HBOS have given us a 1.2% FALL this month,crude oil is at record highs,utility bills are rocketing,and the fed/BOJ/ECB have hiked IR's,so it's just a matter of time before BoE follows.

anybody else thinking contrarian here???......the forum has lost a few folks.....monkey bottled it and bought..........are we now at the cliff face?

.....I'm optimistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:P:P:P

HOLA442

ok folks.

73 users here tonight,hard pushed to get 150 the last couple of nights.....yet HBOS have given us a 1.2% FALL this month,crude oil is at record highs,utility bills are rocketing,and the fed/BOJ/ECB have hiked IR's,so it's just a matter of time before BoE follows.

anybody else thinking contrarian here???......the forum has lost a few folks.....monkey bottled it and bought..........are we now at the cliff face?

...because many former HPC members now use another site. (I use both.)

So, don't worry, there are still many of us Bears around - and the next year or five will be sweet. :D

Nomadd

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

ok folks.

You have a right to be optimistic Oracle.

I nearly choked on my breakfast when I read about the BoE 'what-if' scenario. Reports like this might be brushed aside by many but we need to ask ourselves why they are keen to publish. Is it so they can say the BoE warned the population? Why publish such a gloomy paper?

Oil is still the key. Is it going to push inflation? Yes. Is it going to get cheaper? No.

House prices are the least of my worries. I'm more worried about a bank defaulting.

Certainly the USA is in really bad shape. Just look at the airlines, GM and Ford. But at least the USA actually still does something constructive i.e. manufacturing. We are so heavily taxed in the UK that many will just go bankrupt in the event of a recession. Then they'll sign on the dole. Why bother trying to find work during a recession when half of it's tax? Anyone without savings will also get council tax relief!!!!

HOLA447
anybody else thinking contrarian here???

B)

We will get high inflationm, real risk of finanical turmoil (clearing bank default being an extreme case), more wars, economic slowdown, UK house prices will fall in real terms. Interest rates will rise sharply. Taxes will rise. Members of this site waiting to buy will find getting credit (which is now easy) nearly impossible wihtout genuine large deposit and income, and will find our incomes and / or job security under pressure. But there will be nice opportunities for those who are cash rich with funds held in a non-dfaulting bank. Start saving.

Does that make me optimistic about a HPC??? :ph34r:

Edited by contrarian

HOLA448

..and wolves will be roaming the streets of London, led by their masters, illegal immigrants who are waiting to prey on the young virgin blood of the fair English maidens, the men will be cast aside.

:lol:

Perhaps the perma bears will be right, but I've just seen three houses that have come back onto the market for £25k more. Surely we are at the limit of what a house is worth? Then again, I actually saw this weeks LLL and was blown away by what is happening in Ireland. Nuts!

HOLA449

B)

We will get high inflationm, real risk of finanical turmoil (clearing bank default being an extreme case), more wars, economic slowdown, UK house prices will fall in real terms. Interest rates will rise sharply. Taxes will rise. Members of this site waiting to buy will find getting credit (which is now easy) nearly impossible wihtout genuine large deposit and income, and will find our incomes and / or job security under pressure. But there will be nice opportunities for those who are cash rich with funds held in a non-dfaulting bank. Start saving.

Does that make me optimistic about a HPC??? :ph34r:

i think i know why the number of users is down,, most were last seen walking into the woods with a length of rope :rolleyes::blink::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HOLA4410
Guest muttley

ok folks.

From the forum home page

Most users ever online was 2,080 on Jul 13 2006, 08:16 PM

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

ok folks.

Alexa's Daily Reach Indicator has been pretty stable for the last 6 months or so. There was indeed a dip second half of June, but its back to normal again now. And the rightmove's reach index had a coinciding fall as well, so it is indeed probably the weather or the World Cup.

HOLA4418
Guest mattsta1964

Well, I'm still here.

Still got enough money to FTB. Easily.

But I'm still not doing it.

No way.

Still renting. Brilliant place: for a pittance.

Saving loads.

Still taking a year off to tour the world this September.

I'm still 100% bear... and very happy.

Long live HPC!

Good for you! Bon Voyage.

HOLA4419

I'm with GiveMeTheData on this one. I run a bunch of websites and the hits and revenue has taken a nosedive over the last 3 or 4 days which I attribute to the weather, and not the end of the carry trade or price of oil!

I agree with that also. The stats for my blog show much weaker visitor numbers when the sun shines, unless I have a lot of international visitors, but that won't apply to this forum much. I would think 90%+ are UK visitors.

Clangnuts

HOLA4420