R K

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Is it just me that can't stand people swearing just to be hip, I mean what's the point of using that word if he did, it just loses my respect. Trying to appeal to pub going spiv culture? Doesn't inspire confidence, it really doesn't.

"This is your first officer speaking, we were stacked over London Heathrow but as there's a tosser on the runway from some pressure group, we're diverting to CDG, Paris as we're low on fuel and if we don't land soon we'll all be f*&£ed..."

He wouldn't allow his staff to say it, but he can play at smart Dick Big Spuds and say it himself? Beggars belief how standards of behaviour have dropped like a brick. That pervades everything - that's why things are as they are - a lack of respect and departure from proper codes of conduct.

the use of the F word is acceptable to put maximum emphasis on a situation thats so serious no other word would suffice.

Is this the same Richard Branson who tried to get into banking last year and is maybe a bit bitter that he failed?

yeah. after looking he saw what a load of shit it was and turned it down. thats him.

HOLA443

"Jeremy, you know as well as I this all started in America and there they like to use that word a lot, but I'd ask Richard this: 'do you kiss your mother with that dirty mouth?' Anyway, I'm with The Last Bore on this, you simply don't need to swear to be hip."

"Mr Brown, is the economy as much on its knees as the rate cuts and Big Dick implies?"

"Mr Paxman if you must keep calling me Mr Brown, please do so remembering you are addressing the man who saved the world I mean the banks."

"When are you resigning, Mr Brown?"

"Far from resigning, Jeremy, my premiership is based on sound fundamentals."

HOLA444
I see where you're coming from, and I concede if nothing else Paxman will have a laugh if he gets an interview:

"Mr Brown, you've been PM for over a year and was the longest-serving Chancellor in history. That makes you very well placed to tell me this, do you agree that the economy is Finished, although that's not the word one of the country's leading businessmen used. Mr Brown?"

Longest serving chancer... Just proves he was rubbish, , , Good on him I say,, Everything labour has done is just a smoke screen.

But then he could of held IR in 2006. instead just ride the way boy's,, electon coming up ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
the use of the F word is acceptable to put maximum emphasis on a situation thats so serious no other word would suffice.

yeah. after looking he saw what a load of shit it was and turned it down. thats him.

I think you're right. The media span it that Branson went to China with Gordo to exploit the opportunity to buttonhole the PM into letting him have Northern Rock on the cheap and there was outrage that Branson might make a fortune from it. I think reality was it was the other way around and Branson resisted Gordo's entreaties to take on Northern Rock and had one of his luckiest escapes yet.

HOLA448
I think you're right. The media span it that Branson went to China with Gordo to exploit the opportunity to buttonhole the PM into letting him have Northern Rock on the cheap and there was outrage that Branson might make a fortune from it. I think reality was it was the other way around and Branson resisted Gordo's entreaties to take on Northern Rock and had one of his luckiest escapes yet.

i cant decide if gordon brown is a crazy genius with some master plan he cant tell us about thats good and clever and about to happen.....

or hes just plain crazy.

HOLA449
Guest mattsta1964
i cant decide if gordon brown is a crazy genius with some master plan he cant tell us about thats good and clever and about to happen.....

or hes just plain crazy.

He is very similar to many of history's dictators

Sociopathic

Narcissistic

Delusional

In other words, he is barking bonkers

HOLA4410
Putting aside the f word discussion. He has actually said it could last 3 years. Congrats to him as a business leader for being honest about that. It bugs me how people say it will be over by christmas/spring/summer etc. I have now lived through a few recessions and the effects drag on for a very long time.

3 years is an under estimate as far as i can see millions of jobs to go in 09 and i think we will be very lucky if we recoop 50% of those lost after this recession is done , the party is well and truely over , now its time to pay the piper the only thing is we are all footing the bill even the ones who were not invited to the party all because brown and his puppets tried to save the world and failed because they are idiots

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It's more the lack of specificity I object to - a very Anglo-Saxon failing. There's many a different kind of ******, and if this was said in a Meditteranean or Middle Eastern idiom it would include some involved and tortuous anatomical detail to give a sense of just how ******ed we really are. You'd expect a post-hippy power-beard like Branson at least to have read the Kama Sutra. FFS.

HOLA4413
I expect a tragic ballooning accident soon. Probably over some hills.

i dont know. theres a few options. perhaps one of his jets he likes to fly has a 'malfunction' or the french secret service blow a charge on his houseboat.

perhaps ramming him into a concrete pillar at speed, or perhaps sir richard might just decide to take a walk for no reason into some woods and cut his wrists, while at the same time chocking himself.

HOLA4414
i dont know. theres a few options. perhaps one of his jets he likes to fly has a 'malfunction' or the french secret service blow a charge on his houseboat.

perhaps ramming him into a concrete pillar at speed, or perhaps sir richard might just decide to take a walk for no reason into some woods and cut his wrists, while at the same time chocking himself.

Almost certain to be tragic and involving hills, though. It's likely he could-will-have-been saved, though, had he not been away from medical attention, and had the search and rescue/police helicopter or air ambulance not had an unexplained, but tragic and coincidental malfunction.

HOLA4415
He is very similar to many of history's dictators

Sociopathic

Narcissistic

Delusional

In other words, he is barking bonkers

Oh stop it, flattery will get you everywhere!

3 years is an under estimate as far as i can see millions of jobs to go in 09 and i think we will be very lucky if we recoop 50% of those lost after this recession is done , the party is well and truely over , now its time to pay the piper the only thing is we are all footing the bill even the ones who were not invited to the party all because brown and his puppets tried to save the world and failed because they are idiots

Who is this piper who keeps getting paid? You seldom see anyone declaring their earnings as "Piper" according to a tax inspector I know, yet the whole world frequently chuck buckets of money at him (or her*).

* Sex Discrimination Act requirement, other sexes are available

I expect a tragic ballooning accident soon. Probably over some hills.

Heaven forbid but the govt would show a sense of humour if he was found unharmed but with his V-fingers shoved up his nose, dangling from a parachute on a tree, near a branch of Northern Rock.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

You've got to listen to Sir Beardy, he's smart enough to make sure that all these Virgin ventures involve 2/3rds of bugger all of his cash and everyones else's.

As Jim Royle put it about him "That Richard Branson? He's one tight git, he wouldn't give you the steam off his piss!!"

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425