House Price Crash Forum

General Election Today

HOLA441

Long time Conservative but after seeing Osbourne in action who looks to me just as irresponsible as anything Labour could produce. Although it is easy to be outside looking in as an opposition party, everything I have heard from the lib Dems makes me think that they are possibly the only party of difference, greatly enhanced by Mr Vince Cable, I might be coming round to the idea of voting for them. With the real possibility of having a proper three party political system.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I've always voted Lib Dem, though i've only been old enough to vote in one general election. Unfortunately I live in a very strong Labour area, but i'm hoping enough of the scummy people of the London Borough of Lewisham have the sense to at least shift to LDs for this election.

HOLA443
Long time Conservative but after seeing Osbourne in action who looks to me just as irresponsible as anything Labour could produce. Although it is easy to be outside looking in as an opposition party, everything I have heard from the lib Dems makes me think that they are possibly the only party of difference, greatly enhanced by Mr Vince Cable, I might be coming round to the idea of voting for them. With the real possibility of having a proper three party political system.

Agree. LDs for me I am afraid. However, its based almost 100% on Vince as Clegg is a twit IMO. They are still a bit of a purple shirt brigade though as our local LD candidate says she is a white witch whatever that is.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest mattsta1964

A vote for any of these fekkers is a vote to remain in slavery.

If everyone refused to vote, we'd be free from these slavemasters. They would have no mandate to steal from us.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Skint Academic

If I can get back to Scotland in time then SNP. But if the election was today then the green party. I know they won't get in but I also wouldn't want to vote for either of the three main British parties. I can't stand the idea of not voting so if I vote for the greens at least the ruling party knows that there is a lost vote that they might have been able to get if they had the right policies.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Where's the "none of the above" option on the ballot papers?

Actually, in the last election, I was adequately impressed with our green candidate (who - unusually for a green - has actual experience in an elected office as mayor of one of the towns in the constituency). So he's my prospective least-bad option.

HOLA4413

With the exception of my own MP who I am trying to get deselected and James Pernell who I believe is useless, it has to be Labour. Objctively, the Tories have offered nothing in policy terms for any major issue. They have had the time to do so, but just cannot convert their constituentcy power base to the 21st Century. The most vociferous carping posters on this site offer no constructive alternatives, I support their right to carp, but please do suggest something more constructive than 'Get rid of Brown', who to their irritation, is doing quite well.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest X-QUORK

Won't be voting Labour again, but don't trust the Conservatives, Dave is just too vacuous for me and George Osbourne is a vampire.

I worship at the feet of His Royal Vinceness, but don't like the LibDem's cosy attitude to Europe, so still not sure about them.

Might vote Green as I'm a bit of a tree hugger.

HOLA4419
Guest Skint Academic
Won't be voting Labour again, but don't trust the Conservatives, Dave is just too vacuous for me and George Osbourne is a vampire.

I worship at the feet of His Royal Vinceness, but don't like the LibDem's cosy attitude to Europe, so still not sure about them.

Might vote Green as I'm a bit of a tree hugger.

I've voted for Lib Dems twice but changed my mind when I saw their attitude to Scottish independence. It's not that they don't want independence for Scotland that gets me, it's that they don't want a referendum for it. So basically they are saying that they believe that people should be denied a choice as to who runs their country.

They had their chance to get in power when the Conservatives were still deeply unpopular and Labour had been in for too long. They blew it and won't get another chance until the Conservatives get in and become unpopular.

HOLA4420
I started spoiling my ballot paper in 1997 and have done ever since. This time, I intend to soil it. I wonder if they have to declare the number of soiled ballot papers separately.

They typically do declare the number of spoiled ballots, although not the number of soiled ballots.

Problem is the majority of the masses have no idea of the significance of a spoiled ballot - they're sitting there thinking "oh someone too thick to tick the box".

I strongly believe that there should be a "None of the Above" box. If 'NotA' won the election then it would have to be re run with an entirely new set of candidates. That'd keep the fekkers on their toes. Not that it'll even happen, but it's nice to dream.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Agree. LDs for me I am afraid. However, its based almost 100% on Vince as Clegg is a twit IMO. They are still a bit of a purple shirt brigade though as our local LD candidate says she is a white witch whatever that is.

I could never vote Lib Dem, but perhaps a Hague Cable Power sharing agreement would do me.

I don't like Cameron and Osbourne is hopeless.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425