House Price Crash Forum

Any News On House Prices?

roblpm

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Only about 2 threads on the main forum front page directly talking about house prices!!

Land Registry thread sunk without trace!

Oh for teh old days when half a percent here or there was debated for days!!

Let's face it - there are bigger issues around now than house prices.

Plus, it is now generally accepted as fact that we are entering the mother of all house price crashes.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
House prices are like a train crash in progress. But at the same time there is an avalanche coming down on the railway line and a very nasty storm brewing overhead. The problem is where to look!

Don't worry, the Republicans and Democrats are trying to decide who will pay for a tent to be built over the line.

HOLA449

I'm looking out for some new figures about repossessions to!!!

I've know people at my work who are trying for mortgages, and the cant get them for shit. One guy was turned down for a shared ownership of a mortgage of just £67,000. Both he and his girl friend work.

Houses are dropping around me, many people trying to shift theirs before they drop even more.............

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Perhaps we should ask the webmaster to set up a sub-forum for the discussion of house prices?

At least it would then take less time to find them that have to look through 3 or 4 pages of posts about almost everything else to find the 2 bits of news and discussion that I'm interested in.

HOLA4412
Perhaps we should ask the webmaster to set up a sub-forum for the discussion of house prices?

At least it would then take less time to find them that have to look through 3 or 4 pages of posts about almost everything else to find the 2 bits of news and discussion that I'm interested in.

I agree thought the key to this was in the name?????????.... HPC???? :unsure:

HOLA4413
Let's face it - there are bigger issues around now than house prices.

Plus, it is now generally accepted as fact that we are entering the mother of all house price crashes.

Indeed. The only thing left to debate is how big the drop will be. Debating when it will bottom out is pointless.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Ho ho News.....House prices were over inflated and economic reality is about to bite those that over extended in the ****.

Property is headed back to 1998 prices (Inflatoin adjusted) before the banks got into reckless lending, and dabbled in "off the radar insurance" hey hey, guess what, those insurance payments are worth feck all if the person underwriting them goes to the wall.

And it actually gets much worse, the companies underwritting the risk assumed that it could never get this bad and weren't regulated.

Extended warranties = pointless

I lost my job insurance = pointless

Insurance on lending a company money and you'd always get it back even if the worst happened = POINTLESS

If the company that promised that insurance goes t1ts up... Those insurance premiums you have been paying are worth nothing!

The capital isn't there to cover the losses, it never was! It was a fat income stream for a non event! and in the banks business plans, that non event! it is now happening and a the tax payers are being asked to underwrite that risk.

The MBS market collapse was just the tip of the iceberg, when then CDS claims start going in, we are looking at total collapse, hence the Urgency to bail out pretty much everyone at tax payers expense.

If people realise the money is not there, they will be queuing at the bank tomorrow., I got paid today and took every penny I could out the bank that I need for day to day expenses for the whole month....Because I am worried, they might not be there at the end of the month.

It would be awful to go to a cash point put you card in and get the message, your account no longer exists.

HOLA4416
Guest sillybear2

Why would you want to ever own a house, have you seen the state of the global economy? Ohhh :unsure:

All this mess was created by people wanting to own houses.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4417

greed greed greed.

the stupid b*stards. I, and others like me, said it was daft to take out such big loans, and how they pointed and laughed. And now the whole sodding ceiling is falling in. I'm scared enough and I am debt-free, so the sheeple with onerous mortgages must either be mega-bricking it or in denial (probably the latter currently). Tw*ts. They wrecked their own lives and punished mine too whilst scorning me. Utter utter tw*ts.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
greed greed greed.

the stupid b*stards. I, and others like me, said it was daft to take out such big loans, and how they pointed and laughed. And now the whole sodding ceiling is falling in. I'm scared enough and I am debt-free, so the sheeple with onerous mortgages must either be mega-bricking it or in denial (probably the latter currently). Tw*ts. They wrecked their own lives and punished mine too whilst scorning me. Utter utter tw*ts.

The sheeple have no idea, FED are making moves to stop the sheeple relising it is all fooked. IF/WHEN the sheeple catch on then and only then It's game over.

All the press coverage of $700 billion bailout is to hide the massive new WAMUwent under, JP stepped into the breach, but if joe public starts hoarding cash under the bed, the whole system breaks down.

Read the headlines, How many rushed through on the quite mergers are taking place, and bet your **** they are underwritten by major clauses! That will effect us all. Look at OPEC, US and USA are effectively giving banks a private OPEC all to themselves on the biggest expediture most people have.

BOE rate may well drop to all time lows, but anyone with a debt is about to get a nasty shock. and there will be no bail out for you, perhaps a token headline grabbing one, but bet your **** 95% of those affected will get fook all.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Arguing about house prices is about a futile as flees on a dog's back arguing about who owns the dog!!!!

or something like that......................

(been to the pub)

hic!

Guess you're not alone then ;) Watch the speln n gramma fall apart after midnight - mines too as I get continually reminded.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Arguing about house prices is about a futile as flees on a dog's back arguing about who owns the dog!!!!

or something like that......................

(been to the pub)

hic!

It's way bigger than that..1000 fleas took out "Insurance" that dog would never ever get fleas, they used that "insurance" to state this flea free dog is worth £100,000 and leveraged thier investments off that £100,000 dog.

Turns out, tha dog is worth £50 - Minus all the vet flea treatment bills and therefore the dog becomes a huge liabillity not a great big asset.

The FED is stepping up to underwrite the £100,000 dog, in the hope 5 years down the line it can sell it at £100,000 magic flea free dog and its puppies.

Guess what, It's a dog, and it has fleas and people that usually buy flea free dogs are not falling for it anymore.

HOLA4424
Hi Everyone,

Huge fan of the site and though i'd add a little info for all the bears out there.

Our research department (IB) is advising of 30% peak to trough in the resi market and a 7.5% increase in unemployment in their current estimations of the economic environment.

Rgds

Undesirable

Welcome - at this latter part of the cycle. HP drops good - additional unemployment not so. Enjoy the site .................................... Contribute and argue.

HOLA4425

There are lots of people who have mortgages, but chose to sit out the frenzy of the last 10 years. Mortgages being a long term commitment means that many prudent, sensible people still owe many thousands. Nothing near the amount of a house today, but hardly what you would call petty cash..

They certainly haven't been tw@ts, yet this crisis is now knocking at their door too. It now affects everyone, both the guilty and the blameless.

I got my mortgage 10 years ago, needing to provide six months of pay slips and have an interview with a bank manager and still only chose to borrow 3 times my salary. I have had good reason to upsize my house as my family has grown, but the ridiculous prices have meant we have chosen to stayed put.

I've been sensible, although I do still have a relatively small mortgage debt. I don't consider myself a tw@t yet this crisis is certainly capable of affecting me..

Edited by waynezilla