House Price Crash Forum

Tonight We Have Seen The Real Middle Class In Trouble

renterbob

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Mr Parry
How long until we have people living in cars at motorway service stations again? Maybe 6 months.

Ahh shit. I've done it for years.

There's a few tricks to it. First is to be highly organised and carry only the stuff you really need. Make blinds for the windows and don't be ashamed of making a bed up, permanently in the front passenger seat. You need the boot space for essentials and a kind of wardrobe.

Get those rain deflectors for the front windows so you can leave them open a little for air.

Parking. This is the difficult one. Best to park under street lamps and minimise the light coming into the car. Orange lamps tend to make you crazy and you never get to sleep.

Find a local sports centre where you can sneak in a get a shower etc. Must shower once a day.

Most of all, keep the interior really clean and tidy. No rubbish at all.

Also, don't live on fast food. This will kill you. Have a camping set and a bucket to wash stuff in. Go for packet salads and other better foods.

HOLA444

There's a few tricks to it. First is to be highly organised and carry only the stuff you really need. Make blinds for the windows and don't be ashamed of making a bed up, permanently in the front passenger seat. You need the boot space for essentials and a kind of wardrobe.

Get those rain deflectors for the front windows so you can leave them open a little for air.

Parking. This is the difficult one. Best to park under street lamps and minimise the light coming into the car. Orange lamps tend to make you crazy and you never get to sleep.

Find a local sports centre where you can sneak in a get a shower etc. Must shower once a day.

Also, don't live on fast food. This will kill you. Have a camping set and a bucket to wash stuff in. Go for packet salads and other better foods.

What do you do about entertaining? :unsure:

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Mr Parry

It's funny really. I hear all this doom and gloom talk and how everyone will end up living like, well . . . like I do.

Most of us site guys live like this. Do have showers on site though which makes all the difference.

HOLA447
It's funny really. I hear all this doom and gloom talk and how everyone will end up living like, well . . . like I do.

Most of us site guys live like this. Do have showers on site though which makes all the difference.

I thought you lived in a Thai paradise? Or am I confusing you with another poster? And why wouldn't you get a campervan under those circs, even an old Vdub would be better.....

Edited by gleeful_expat

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Sounds like some of these im alright jacks and jacquelines are in for the shock of their lives. Imagine going from some big spacious house in a peaceful leafy suburb to some crappy rented flat in one of our most excitingly 'diverse' and 'dynamic' neighbourhoods :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: . Imagine Cecil and Henriettas faces when faced with an inner city school after being sent to Private school. MUMMY I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! :(:(

Oh dear. ;):blink:

HOLA4411
Guest Mr Parry
I thought you lived in a Thai paradise? Or am I confusing you with another poster? And why wouldn't you get a campervan under those circs, even an old Vdub would be better.....

I do part of the year. When in the UK I work on regeneration sites all round the place. One of the reasons I've only got a small (and I mean small) flat in the west country. Bought 1996. No point in house here, would never be there.

Hotels are damned expensive, so I developed this curious lifestyle of basically living rough. Lived like it since 1997. Not too bad right now. Got a little cabin thing.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I do part of the year. When in the UK I work on regeneration sites all round the place. One of the reasons I've only got a small (and I mean small) flat in the west country. Bought 1996. No point in house here, would never be there.

Hotels are damned expensive, so I developed this curious lifestyle of basically living rough. Lived like it since 1997. Not too bad right now. Got a little cabin thing.

How do you get internet? Via 3G?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Sounds like some of these im alright jacks and jacquelines are in for the shock of their lives. Imagine going from some big spacious house in a peaceful leafy suburb to some crappy rented flat in one of our most excitingly 'diverse' and 'dynamic' neighbourhoods :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: . Imagine Cecil and Henriettas faces when faced with an inner city school after being sent to Private school. MUMMY I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! :(:(

Oh dear. ;):blink:

The irony is that there is private school where a eco hipppy family setup home outside the front gate in an old horse box truck.

They were there for about a week - lovely smell of bacon and cooking eggs when I was dropping of my kids. I enjoyed it especially because all the other parents couldn't park there with their 4 x 4 there which really annoyed them.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Mr Parry

That roughly fits into my plans if it happened. I ve not lived the streets, but have thought this through.

So many middle class will be humbled in the comming years. This is fact.

HOLA4422

mate its all about ATTITUDE, i have sailed all over the pacific in a 38 ft boat..... small as a caravan... now the dif between caravan living in rural hull vs sailing in pacific is........ yep

but he space is the same....

attitude...... not having any debts and having shit loads of dosh helps tho......

seriously after 7 days of rain and 45knots at anchor..... tempers are fraying.......

do you realise how many BTLers could have swapped all there UK assets for paridise at the top, but no greed rules.....

f**k em

and the yacht they sailed in on

greed is an emotion best sorted out early in life

Edited by kiwi