House Price Crash Forum

'free Loans' Offer To Homebuyers

roblpm

HOLA441

I just heard on 5 live and on the BBC website, says in England??!!

Very odd?? Is this right??

What about Wales and us up here in Scotland??? How are we going to benefit from this scheme?????????????

I've never done this before.........................................

Muwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

From Reuters:

* A new shared equity scheme to help up to 10,000 first-time buyers earning less than 60,000 pounds buy new homes over the next two years. Buyers will be offered an equity loan of up to 30 percent of the house value, interest-free for five years, co-funded by the government and the housing developer.

A government source said this scheme would also cost about 300 million pounds.

The scheme will only help up to 10,000 people over 2 years with £300 million, ie £150 million a year. This scheme will have zero impact on the housing market and the house price crash will continue as before.

HOLA447

What about Wales and us up here in Scotland??? How are we going to benefit from this scheme?????????????

Er you got your parliament, lobby them to frack up your own economy if you please. We got a couple of your troopers doing a fine job here thank you.

HOLA448
Guest pioneer31

Blears said "We can't sit by and let decent hard working people go under, with their mortgages"

The govt are like drug pushers. They helped sink hard working families in the first place, now that the electorate are totally f***ing sick of them, they're offering to help these families out.

Why can't the media dub blears/brown/insert name of cabinet brown noser with the real story

We're helping out (insert emotive phrase) hard working, decent, lovely, innocent, salt-of-the-earth g families with their over borrowing because we know they won't f*****g vote for us otherwise!!

:angry: :angry:-

HOLA449
Blears said "We can't sit by and let decent hard working people go under, with their mortgages"

The govt are like drug pushers. They helped sink hard working families in the first place, now that the electorate are totally f***ing sick of them, they're offering to help these families out.

Why can't the media dub blears/brown/insert name of cabinet brown noser with the real story

We're helping out (insert emotive phrase) hard working, decent, lovely, innocent, salt-of-the-earth g families with their over borrowing because we know they won't f*****g vote for us otherwise!!

:angry: :angry: -

from most peoples point of view they ARE helping. Thats because most people view the house purchase from the wrong end... the price.. they see that they NEED to get the loans to pay the price.

What is happening of course is the reversal to the truth, ie the price is dependant on the LOAN.

So in sheepworld, the government is helping, in real world, they are not.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
from most peoples point of view they ARE helping. Thats because most people view the house purchase from the wrong end... the price.. they see that they NEED to get the loans to pay the price.

What is happening of course is the reversal to the truth, ie the price is dependant on the LOAN.

So in sheepworld, the government is helping, in real world, they are not.

Very true. We cannot be reminded often enough - there are lots of sheep.

All politicians want their votes. So all politicians will do things that HPC thinks wrong. They are not being stupid, they are doing what they're supposed to do - trying to respond to the wishes of the majority. Its a mistake but undeniably a democratically inspired mistake.

HOLA4413
From Reuters:

* A new shared equity scheme to help up to 10,000 first-time buyers earning less than 60,000 pounds buy new homes over the next two years. Buyers will be offered an equity loan of up to 30 percent of the house value, interest-free for five years, co-funded by the government and the housing developer.

The scheme will only help up to 10,000 people over 2 years with £300 million, ie £150 million a year. This scheme will have zero impact on the housing market and the house price crash will continue as before.

Oh dear, dear. I thought the scheme was trifling when I believed it would take the lions share of the £1bn if spent over 1 year.

Max shared ownerships under scheme = £150m / 30%_of _average_house_price = £150m / (£178k * 0.3) = 2800

% of normal market transactions this represents = 2800 / 1.2m = 0.2%

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4414

Sky hate this! :lol:

Dermot's interviewing Helen Williams from the National Housing Federation, of "house prices to rise by 25 per cent by 2013" infammy

"You call this help for FTBs. Markets go both ways. How can it be helpful to get people to but a house that's going to fall in value?"

Williams bleats her own agency's looney guesses as if they were fact "yes but house prices are set to rise."

She then went on to say what a good idea this all was. You can view the NHF's deluded ramblings in an article on their website entitle : "Federation welcomes announcement as 'charter for saving thousands of households from nightmare of repossession' "

The simple fact is this could lead to even more repos as FTBs stretch themselves still further to jump into a rapidly falling market.

The fact is the NHF are the mouthpiece for 1300 housing associations, who beteween them are struggling to stay solvent. A collapse in HA portfolios is not an option. Sacrificing a few FTBs seems a small price to pay ....

... of course it's all pi$$ing in the wind.

Then we hear some emails from viewers. They range from "this is not enough" to "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH that fackin tw@t".

Dermot casually quips "interesting range of views there..." :lol:

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4415
Guest An Bearin Bui

Scotland doesn't need to benefit from any free loan scheme as the market in Scotland is strong, there are sound fundamentals and in Scotland property never drops in value. Labour know this so have deliberately left Scotland out of the picture because the market here is doing so well on its own.

Seriously, however, I think this is an issue for the SNP as it's housing policy which is a devolved matter. They have some of their own, home-grown half-baked schemes for ripping off FTBs shared equity

HOLA4416
From Reuters:

Short termist, self interested total sh_t from Labour. Come on badger get our shirt sleeves rolled up and denounce this crap........ show Gordon up for the moron he is.

HOLA4417
Oh dear, dear. I thought the scheme was trifling when I believed it would take the lions share of the £1bn if spent over 1 year.

Max shared ownerships under scheme = £150m / 30%_of _average_house_price = £150m / (£178k * 0.3) = 2800

% of normal market transactions this represents = 2800 / 1.2m = 0.2%

I have deleted because my sums were wrong.

Edited by Fudge

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The "Free" loans - youd think from the BBC that the party is open to all FTBer earning under £60k - actually it'll be open to 5,000 FTBers this year, and 5000 next

in the meantime developers have a few days to put "new" prices of circa £30k on their unsellable rabbit hutches

HOLA4420

Housing is a devolved function. It's up to the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly to do something similar, if they wish.

HOLA4421
Sky hate this! :lol:

Then we hear some emails from viewers. They range from "this is not enough" to "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH that fackin tw@t".

Dermot casually quips "interesting range of views there..." :lol:

Used to hate Dermot when he was on BBC Breakfast

Since he moved to Sky, he's obviously been through a Beeboid-deprograming opeation, and comes out with some cool comments

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Lets get this straight. I’m a first time buyer on £60k (I’m not but bear with me for the moment) so I can get Hazel to cough up 30% of the price of a new build house. If the house is valued at £100k then that’s worth £30k. So for starters I’m only going to be looking at new builds so that nice Victorian terraced house down the road is out of the question – I guess that’s another tranche of FTBers that they can’t sell to now so their house goes down a bit further. At the same time the new build guys now know I can afford a bit more so they don’t accept my silly offer on the house and I pay more than I would otherwise have done so.

So I buy this new build with my happy Hazel loan then in three years time I decide to sell it. However by then its no longer a new build so the family that I sell to don’t qualify for the free loan. That means that even BEFORE you take into account any price changes in the market between now and then my house will fall in price due to these new buyers not having the same subsidy.

So, I pay more for my house than I would have without the loan and it drops in price (even without HPI) by the time I sell it as the subsidy is only temporary,

And this is meant to help me?