The Dow(n)

OLDFTB

HOLA441
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Have you got 'real-time' data access? The DOW information on the sites I usually visit still showing 11,055. Down 45 pts as the market opened though!

Edited: there it goes - 10,964!

Edited by Stourbridge Baggie

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The Fed support for the GSE debacle was a thin pump. The markets have probably figured out the fed or the taxpayer can't really make it all better or dig them out of this one....AND in any case the GSE is one of many symptoms of where it's all heading.

Good luck trying to save any other banks (bu-bye Lehman et al) once the Fed has spuffed its last on Fanny Flaps and Flasher Mac.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest Skint Academic

Today is like watching a really spoilt fat kid who's been stuffing his face full of your cream pies all day long turn round to you and say pleadingly

"I don't feel too good ..."

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Have you got 'real-time' data access? The DOW information on the sites I usually visit still showing 11,055. Down 45 pts as the market opened though!

Edited: there it goes - 10,964!

If you have IE then I have setup a handy site to watch the implosion of the US financial sector in near realtime...

http://www.marketdatamatrix.com/

if you have Firefox youll have to wait a bit while I write a standards compliant one...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
If you have IE then I have setup a handy site to watch the implosion of the US financial sector in near realtime...

http://www.marketdatamatrix.com/

if you have Firefox youll have to wait a bit while I write a standards compliant one...

Brilliant...but what the ****** is it!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think all the red text if read vertically, is the stocks going down and the green text is the ones that are up

pretty cool, but hard ot follow IMO

HOLA4421

I, for one, said the market would be strong - up - yesterday. Totally wrong.

Yet...yet. I can't help thinking the market is ST oversold. US Bancorop results today. Merrils tomorrow. Citigroup and Options Expiration Friday. Next week?

Then another big leg down in the autumn?

HOLA4422
Has something bad happened? Ben starting his testimony for example?

GM announced NO DIVIDEND, staff and wage cuts, increased liquidity sought.

Might have something to do with it.

HOLA4423

Energy and commodities sectors getting a kicking today.

Financials mixed bag.

Freddie Mac down another 25%, but Lehman up 9%, Washington Mutual (yesterday's whipping boy) bounced 20%.

The shorters are hunting around for their next kill by the looks of it.

The Euro had a go at a new high and made it briefly, before itself taking a kicking and is now back at 1.5922. So it looks like there weren't a whole bunch of buy orders sat waiting for it to breakout on this occasion.

WOW!!!! Crude has just fallen of a cliff! Down to $136. (edit in the last hour - I've been out so missed it)

Markets should romp away

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA4424
Brilliant...but what the ****** is it!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok stocks that are going down are falling... they are in the red the more they are falling the faster they are falling and the more saturated their colour... stocks which are rising ( compared to yesterdays close) they are in green the faster they are rising the bigger the move up.... thats it the stocks where the action is are in the top left as you can see FRE (freddie mac) and FNM (fannie mae) are falling hard wtf MBIA is up 21% for though im not sure...

there is a FF freindly version of the data here not quite so action packed though....

http://www.marketdatamatrix.com/indexFFF.html

Edited by jonpo

HOLA4425
I, for one, said the market would be strong - up - yesterday. Totally wrong.

Yet...yet. I can't help thinking the market is ST oversold. US Bancorop results today. Merrils tomorrow. Citigroup and Options Expiration Friday. Next week?

Then another big leg down in the autumn?

Not sure whether the market is oversold or not.... but there seem to be zillions of doom mongers here predicting a meltdown in every sector including housing of armageddon proportions... if they are right which I doubt then the market can forget about 10,000, how about knocking a zero off, then their predictions may turn out right.