House Price Crash Forum

150 Estate Agencies Close Each Week, 4k Jobs 2008 - Telegraph

HOLA441
Why is it there are restrictions and regulations on offering financial advice for shares but any bozo, who obviously has a conflict of interests, can recommend that you should pile into property investment ( probably your largest lifetime investment ) with no recourse? The lack of morals from some members of this society is sickening.

I asked that exact same question in a thread a little while ago.

If you know media people, you'll know there's a revolting side to some of them, which explains why a lot of programmes both fictional and 'real-life' are as they are.

I have had the recent choice of being alone and dateless or dating someone who works in the media - guess which I chose. I really mean that.

Edited by The Last Bear

HOLA442
Tuesday's Telegraph

150 offices closed, 4000 jobs gone in '08 alone

no link as yet

Buy an estate agent a bottle of vintage white and he'll drink for a day, but teach him how to busk and he'll support his local wine bar forever. Sponsor an ex-estate agent today - give £5 a month or whatever you can afford. Please.

tinyviolin.jpg

:lol:

HOLA443
from a point in my local towns there are 6 offices with more to the side streets.

i note with 'relish' every time i pass on the way to my local salvation hostel where i reside,

that there empty of customers and the staff look kinda laid back like a wednesday,.

and this could be on a saturday.

i calculate thats around 47 full time staff and only 3 willing buyers in my town.

im no brain surgeon, and this aint no sippin tea, but id say they have been priced out.

Every other shop on the main road next to where i live is an estate or lettings agent, off the top of my head i can think of about 15 in a 200m stretch i can't wait for them to all shut down!

HOLA444
BWAHAHAHAHAH!! Tears of laughter more like! :lol:

How the hell can she compare EA'S to TESCOS.

Staff at Tescos workhard and remain in business because for the most part they don;t try to fleece people. Can't say the same for most EA'S.

Wish KIRSTY would clear off I am sick to death of her !

HOLA445
HOLA446
Allsopp should be disgusted that she has led thousands of young people into a poverty trap with her endless ramping and constant assertion of the big one way bet. I cannot believe that she can make a comment like that about Tesco's and not expect to get shredded. It shows the general stupidity of the woman and the lack of understanding she has that she still does not see the great dislocation and harm that excessive inflation of property can do to a country without being backed up by real economic growth ie not requiring owners to indulge in massive equity withdrawal.

How somebody with little education or experience can be paraded on national TV as an expert is beyond me. I hope in a few years she is made to go on TV and face the thousands of repossessed families who tried to live her dream. Why is it there are restrictions and regulations on offering financial advice for shares but any bozo, who obviously has a conflict of interests, can recommend that you should pile into property investment ( probably your largest lifetime investment ) with no recourse? The lack of morals from some members of this society is sickening.

Nutshell. Good post.

Shame on her. Really.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Mortgage fraudster banned by FSA

It's as if this guy is the only one!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: THERE ARE ANOTHER 4 BILLION LIKE THIS YOU FSA TWATS!!! :lol::lol::lol::P

----------------------------------

"The FSA is trying to root out mortgage fraud:

A mortgage broker from South London has been banned from the financial services industry for submitting fraudulent mortgage applications.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said Isah Attayi Mohammed had tried to trick three lenders into granting nine mortgages based on inflated incomes.

Seven loans were for himself and two were for customers.

The FSA said Mr Mohammed, who traded in the Old Kent Road, was a risk to lenders and the financial system.

"Mr Mohammed was found to lack honesty and integrity for submitting fraudulent mortgage applications," said Jonathan Phelan at the FSA.

"The FSA is continuing to find instances in which mortgage brokers make false declarations on their own mortgage applications as well submitting false mortgage applications for customers," he added.

Mr Mohammed's firm was called Initial Financial Services (UK) Limited (IFS), and operated from 632 Old Kent Road, London SE15 1JB. "

--------------------------------------

Read the whole thing here -

---This is just SO absurd!! :P:P Er........... WAKE UP PEOPLE -- THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON IN EVERY CORNER OF THE UK FOR THE LAST 10+ YEARS!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7385465.stm

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA4410
Why is it there are restrictions and regulations on offering financial advice for shares but any bozo, who obviously has a conflict of interests, can recommend that you should pile into property investment ( probably your largest lifetime investment ) with no recourse? The lack of morals from some members of this society is sickening.

Good post, surely the coming months/years would be a good time for a petition and/or other pressure to be applied to get mortgage ramping under the same sort of regulations? The VIs will be at their lowest ebb for years as public snetiment will be sqaurely against them. An added bonus will be that the TV schedules wont be filled with cheap shitty pwoperdee programs :lol:

HOLA4411
I heard this on R4 this morning and it completed a satisfactory weekend, what with Nottingham Forest getting automatic promotion.

I think it would be great if someone on here with access to Glass's car guide online could track second hand mini cooper prices.

You'll never sell it if you describe it as a `second hand mini' - it should be described as a deceptively spacious contemporary driving space, based on a traditional design and affording a wealth of character improvements by the previous owners.

Furthermore, the asking price should be based on the original purchase price plus 10% annual increase.

You really don't know the market do you?

Y

HOLA4412
Allsopp should be disgusted that she has led thousands of young people into a poverty trap with her endless ramping and constant assertion of the big one way bet. I cannot believe that she can make a comment like that about Tesco's and not expect to get shredded. It shows the general stupidity of the woman and the lack of understanding she has that she still does not see the great dislocation and harm that excessive inflation of property can do to a country without being backed up by real economic growth ie not requiring owners to indulge in massive equity withdrawal.

How somebody with little education or experience can be paraded on national TV as an expert is beyond me. I hope in a few years she is made to go on TV and face the thousands of repossessed families who tried to live her dream. Why is it there are restrictions and regulations on offering financial advice for shares but any bozo, who obviously has a conflict of interests, can recommend that you should pile into property investment ( probably your largest lifetime investment ) with no recourse? The lack of morals from some members of this society is sickening.

agreed 100% handshake.gif

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
You'll never sell it if you describe it as a `second hand mini' - it should be described as a deceptively spacious contemporary driving space, based on a traditional design and affording a wealth of character improvements by the previous owners.

Furthermore, the asking price should be based on the original purchase price plus 10% annual increase.

You really don't know the market do you?

Y

:P

HOLA4415

Just checked my BeeMove and AGAIN the lazy-arrsed estate-agent gimps have reduced a few desultory houses about 50p. NOTHING HAS SOLD, NOTHING SOLD YESTERDAY OR ALL LAST WEEK YOU PRATS.

Get onto the blower you absolute morons and DEMAND the vendors slash prices or GO OUT OF BUSINESS. It's NOT GOING TO GET BETTER.

I'm so angry with the denial of these gel-haired grinning shysters.

HOLA4416
Just checked my BeeMove and AGAIN the lazy-arrsed estate-agent gimps have reduced a few desultory houses about 50p. NOTHING HAS SOLD, NOTHING SOLD YESTERDAY OR ALL LAST WEEK YOU PRATS.

Get onto the blower you absolute morons and DEMAND the vendors slash prices or GO OUT OF BUSINESS. It's NOT GOING TO GET BETTER.

I'm so angry with the denial of these gel-haired grinning shysters.

When I was in the 6th Form over 20 years ago I took a careers aptitude test brought to the school by some geeks. My results suggested my #1 aptitude would be: Estate Agent. I never did that precise work although I have dabbled in property and landlordism, plus now I market properties to tourists for holiday lets. But in those days EA's were charming fellows of course, a career to be proud of (I will now duck.....)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Missing: presumed dead

Looks like Lauristons in Ealing (London W5) has bitten the dust. Noticed a couple of weeks back that there was some sort of refurb work going on. Have gone on to their website and the Ealing branch is not mentioned in the list of offices, although their home page has a box with the address of the (former?) Ealing branch and a phone number you can call "confidentially" to discuss "franchise opportunities" :lol:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said Isah Attayi Mohammed had tried to trick three lenders into granting nine mortgages based on inflated incomes.

Seven loans were for himself and two were for customers.

The FSA said Mr Mohammed, who traded in the Old Kent Road,was a risk to lenders and the financial system.

"Mr Mohammed was found to lack honesty and integrity for submitting fraudulent mortgage applications," said Jonathan Phelan at the FSA.

"The FSA is continuing to find instances in which mortgage brokers make false declarations on their own mortgage applications as well submitting false mortgage applications for customers," he added.

Mr Mohammed's firm was called Initial Financial Services (UK) Limited (IFS), and operated from 632 Old Kent Road, London SE15 1JB. "

At Long last, the FSA has found the man responsible for the credit crunch.

relief , the banks are now safe and can lend stupidly at will.

Edited by Bloo Loo