HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

He probably did.

Everyone's happy when prices are rising (only works with houses though)

Shops can be kept afloat on all the consumer spending that goes on with the mew.

It's only people without a house who are annoyed by it.

Or people paying high rents.

He's not worked out though that having cheap houses means people would have more spending power, Pay less rent and you have more spare cash top spend.

That'd be the sensible thing to look at.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
He also mentioned the Nationwide figures and said "The NAtionwide figures out today and we have to deal with them". What ever that means.

Cryptic. It could be "House prices are falling. Tough. Deal with it.", or "Anyone reporting falling house prices will be dealt with quickly and efficiently". I wonder which?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
I didn't hear that on his R4 slot this morning. He spoke about "getting the housing market moving again" . He also mentioned the Nationwide figures and said "The NAtionwide figures out today and we have to deal with them". What ever that means.

It`s f**king outrageous ! Prices increase 1% per month - nothing to see here. Prices drop 1% in a month - "we have to deal with them". It`s official, Gordon & his party are Muppets. For one who claims to be "prudent", it`s a contradicition that he endorses rampant HPI.

I want a MASSIVE crash, more than ever. The Labour party and the sheeple need to learn a lesson, the hard way.

HOLA4411
On FiveLive, Nicky Campbell asked him what he thinks about when he wakes up in the morning. First thing he said was falling house prices.

Is he in BTL?

On this show he also said he is going to help people who change from fixed to flexible, WTF is a flexible mortgage, the word sounded loaded to me!

HOLA4412

He said "very difficult economic conditions" on Radio 5 about the same time.

BTW, I thought his comments about what he thinks about when he wakes up in the morning said a lot about him. Most people think about how warm and comfy their bed or missus is!

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I didn't hear that on his R4 slot this morning. He spoke about "getting the housing market moving again" . He also mentioned the Nationwide figures and said "The NAtionwide figures out today and we have to deal with them". What ever that means.

It is moving. Downwards and very quickly. Job done then Mr Brown.

HOLA4417
I can hardly believe that he is a "Labour" PrimeMinister , ooops sorry it is now "New" Labour (IE "New Tory" ) not the decent( meaning that they looked after their own class) party that my parents ,and I once voted(and canvassed ) for !!!!

yes. you have been deceived.

Gordon Brown is becoming a sick joke. It is unbelievable that we have become saddled with such a damaged, incompetent, and deranged creature for Prime Minister. Hopefully, after this weeks election meltdown for Labour, pressure will step up on him to resign before the men in white coats drag him out screaming.

Guido

you should have thought of this before voting for him....

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
On FiveLive, Nicky Campbell asked him what he thinks about when he wakes up in the morning. First thing he said was falling house prices.

Is he in BTL?

Not into his wife much is he? Been ace if he'd said; "Well actually Nicky first thoughts are do I get up now, or wait for my huge boner to deflate" Probably would have won him the election in two years with that comment...Jeez I'm wasted on here.... :D

HOLA4420

"My aim and my priority is that we can lead the people in Britain through this economic problem and do so by taking the right decisions to get liquidity to the banks, to make sure that the housing market starts moving again," he told BBC radio on the eve of local council elections.

"And we've got the house price figures that were announced today that we've got to deal with," he said.

He'll be lucky - the times are a changin!

HOLA4421
"My aim and my priority is that we can lead the people in Britain through this economic problem and do so by taking the right decisions to get liquidity to the banks, to make sure that the housing market starts moving again," he told BBC radio on the eve of local council elections.

"And we've got the house price figures that were announced today that we've got to deal with," he said.

He'll be lucky - the times are a changin!

I heard it as well, and wondered what hairbrain scheme they'll try next. Politicians say this sort of thing all the time, It doesn't actually mean anything in the real world. I think we're now past the point of no return, apart from giving everyone £100,000 to spend, nothing's going to stop the crash

HOLA4422
I heard it as well, and wondered what hairbrain scheme they'll try next. Politicians say this sort of thing all the time, It doesn't actually mean anything in the real world. I think we're now past the point of no return, apart from giving everyone £100,000 to spend, nothing's going to stop the crash

TBH, I've been surprised that media owners have not 'arrested' all the bad news on housing it's that important. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nationwide et all change their methodology over the next few months. If they mix it up with let's say Calnea's repeat regression, or Academetrics....it will help them 'lag' 6 months or so. This could be the interference Brown's minions will get to task on.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Everyone's happy when prices are rising (only works with houses though)

It's only people without a house who are annoyed by it.

Everyone but investors, EA's, banks, and downsizers get screwed by rising prices. Okay lots of people are too thick to realise it but there are plenty of us FTBs sitting on the first rung who would have to sell our firstborn into slavery to move up a rung.

HOLA4425