House Price Crash Forum

Ftse Opens Below 6000

HOLA441
Yeah, but everyone likes to *think* they can guess the future. The betting industry is built on it. Think of it as a little bit of fun.

Well Stu, if only that were the case.

There are people on this site, and many of them, who are seriously ill, who are TEOTWAWKI's to a wo/man. They 'think' that if the property market crashes they can get their 'revenge', 'just desserts' etc ( on whom???????) - by buying property 'cheap' to make a profit themselves later on! To such people, 'irony' is a new type of vitamin enhanced thingy that should be place in the gaseous exuding part of their sit-upons.

The Great Depression was a disaster leading to starvation, poverty, ruination, mass unemployment and eventually global war. BRING IT ON, the fools cry. Yeh, right.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

There are people on this site, and many of them, who are seriously ill, who are TEOTWAWKI's to a wo/man. They 'think' that if the property market crashes they can get their 'revenge', 'just desserts' etc ( on whom???????) - by buying property 'cheap' to make a profit themselves later on! To such people, 'irony' is a new type of vitamin enhanced thingy that should be place in the gaseous exuding part of their sit-upons.

The Great Depression was a disaster leading to starvation, poverty, ruination, mass unemployment and eventually global war. BRING IT ON, the fools cry. Yeh, right.

"TEOTWAWKI" ?

I agree, people should be careful what they wish for in future... it isn't going to be nice at all :(

HOLA443
are you spreadbetting on the short side? i've placed a few bets the last couple of days but keep getting stopped out because of the volatility, need a bit more practise on my entry points....

No you need to bet correctly and have correct sized stops! I am trading copper short over the past week and have a 1500 point stop at 10 quid a point although the trade is doing oh so nice with another 2000 point drop today.! On the Dow I am using a 500 point stop.

HOLA444

To be honest, I don't think that there are that many people on here that have attitude. I think most people like me, just want a house that is truly affordable (2-3.5x income). People want a return to those levels. No one is going to get any joy out seeing families loosing their houses, or people becoming bankrupt.

I could be wrong.

HOLA445

No one wanted this, the anger you see here is that it was innevitable but still the world plowed ahead...

It won't be a huge recession, the companies are doing well enough... what will happen is that shares will drop, companies will survive and magic bean mortgages will dry up...

There is more growth and new starts and money to be made durring a recession then you think..

HOLA446
"TEOTWAWKI" ?

I agree, people should be careful what they wish for in future... it isn't going to be nice at all :(

TEOTWAWKI - The End Of The World As We Know It -

We don't know how this will play out.

tekken - I am hoping that Aston Martins will also become cheap so I can buy one for each of my children.

HOLA447
To be honest, I don't think that there are that many people on here that have attitude. I think most people like me, just want a house that is truly affordable (2-3.5x income). People want a return to those levels. No one is going to get any joy out seeing families loosing their houses, or people becoming bankrupt.

I could be wrong.

Damn straight - I want a modest property* that I can bring up my family in without both of us having to work full time. I'm well paid, it's not a ridiculous dream.

I would like to smack those in the mouth that smugly tell me it's always been expensive to buy/nobody deserves property/I should have got in ages ago, but I'll settle for them just accepting a nice cup of shut the hell up.

* 2 bed flat.

HOLA448
TEOTWAWKI - The End Of The World As We Know It -

We don't know how this will play out.

tekken - I am hoping that Aston Martins will also become cheap so I can buy one for each of my children.

i am hoping houses will become cheap so i can buy one to live in

HOLA449
No you need to bet correctly and have correct sized stops! I am trading copper short over the past week and have a 1500 point stop at 10 quid a point although the trade is doing oh so nice with another 2000 point drop today.! On the Dow I am using a 500 point stop.

aha yeah that makes sense i had a 200 point stop on the DOW which just wasn't enough, don't really have the capital to play around so have pulled out for now but it is annoying, i was £5k up at one point which isn't bad but didn't trail my stops properly and then lost it all and then some, still quite new to all this.....

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

How old are you? I couldn't afford to 'buy' a flat until I was 30ish and then managed it with a 90% mortgage and a 10% personal loan. The market then fell and rose and fell and rose etc and I sold and lost and made and made and lost and made and now, perhaps lost again but now I own a house.

I REALLY do want an Aston Martin and do hope they become cheap so I can drive one.

HOLA4412

To be honest I do NOT want to see any kind of armageddon as it would upset my mum! I think that anyone that does is most selfish and has not thought through how much misery and suffering that would cause to all of us.

I would like to see a MAJOR correction in all markets and some new legislation if possible to stop the madness of sub prime etc and massive greed. I also would like to see the UK housing market return to more normal levels (30% drops). I believe we will get most of that. A lot of financial firms will go to the wall and are already as they should do I might add! A lot of bankers wont get any bonus poor things and I will and am making the best of this with spread betting. In fact since I started this post copper has dropped another 200 points yay.

Mark.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
aha yeah that makes sense i had a 200 point stop on the DOW which just wasn't enough, don't really have the capital to play around so have pulled out for now but it is annoying, i was £5k up at one point which isn't bad but didn't trail my stops properly and then lost it all and then some, still quite new to all this.....

This is how most people spread bet I am afraid. Too large a bet size and too small a stop loss! It's a killer. You are much better off say going short copper for 1 pound a point and having a 500 point stop. Even that will make you money in this market! As your fund builds up you can then go 2 pound a point and keep the same stop size.

Mark.

HOLA4415
FTSE closes down 220 points. :ph34r:

Index Value: 5,889.30

Trade Time: 4:25PM

Change: 220.00 (3.60%)

Prev Close: 6,109.30

Open: 6,109.30

Day's Range: 5,883.70 - 6,109.30

52wk Range: 5,658.30 - 6,754.10

aye a bit of a plunge right at the end there (again).

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
To be honest I do NOT want to see any kind of armageddon as it would upset my mum! I think that anyone that does is most selfish and has not thought through how much misery and suffering that would cause to all of us. Mark.

Nuts to your mum ;)

Armageddon would be wicked, I've played enough Doom levels to know I'd be pretty handy with a double barrelled shotgun!

Bring it ON!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
To be honest I do NOT want to see any kind of armageddon ...............I would like to see a MAJOR correction

............and some new legislation ........ to stop the madness of .............. massive greed.

I also would like to see the UK housing market return to more normal levels (30% drops)

Mark.

What is a 'normal housing market'?

If you want to vote for someone who believes he can legistlate to stop human greed - VOTE GORDON BROWN.

HOLA4422
FTSE closes down 220 points. :ph34r:

Index Value: 5,889.30

Trade Time: 4:25PM

Change: 220.00 (3.60%)

Prev Close: 6,109.30

Open: 6,109.30

Day's Range: 5,883.70 - 6,109.30

52wk Range: 5,658.30 - 6,754.10

abit hasty my friend

closes down 250 @5858 4.1% a nice little panic sell right at the death

HOLA4423
It won't be a huge recession, the companies are doing well enough... what will happen is that shares will drop, companies will survive and magic bean mortgages will dry up...

There is more growth and new starts and money to be made durring a recession then you think..

if some on here are to be believed the crossbow / tinned 'fiat' food / shotgun markets are the only ones that are going to be seeing an upside any time soon

flippancy aside there isn't the concensus here that this is very very major; I lived through the last recession and that was bad enough.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425