House Price Crash Forum

22/04/2024 - The exact moment the housing bubble burst

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

If the chain collapses that is not a reflection on the original agreed price. 

🤣 :lol: :lol: :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

I was trying to find out for myself whether the Northamptonshire market was dead as some posters claimed. I concluded it wasn’t. That’s my opinion.

Better to work on facts than opinions.

The fact remains, house prices are untenable at these asking prices/interest rates.

If people are trying to buy then they will be stuck in chains, trying to sell at fantasy prices to buy at fantasy prices. Even if the chain doesn't collapse these prices are not achievable without this pyramid scam structure, they have no connection to reality.

Anyway, good luck, it's great to have been right all these years.

Sad the whole country has to collapse and people sent out to die for people to realise this whole housing/debt thing was a terrible thing.

I need to leave again now. Good luck. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Only if you’re capable of finding and applying the right facts.

Analysing the wrong facts time and time again is pointless.

HOLA443
6 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

I did 2 posts on this thread. One revealed I had a friend who was whingeing about mortgage rates and one where I did my own brief Rightmove search. Your response is ridiculously defensive and unnecessarily aggressive. Which suggests to me that you think you might be wrong.

If you can conclude that I’m a troll simply because I disagree then you shouldn’t post. You’re wasting your time and everyone else’s. 

Ahh, the troll way, when someone shows you are talking p**s try and gas light them

I dont think I am wrong, I know I am right.

I didn't conclude you are a troll because you disagree with me, I concluded you were a troll when you tried to rubbish me by making things up and using comical rightmove "facts" to make a point. I was point out some other moron was a troll when you decided to join in.

now, **** off.

HOLA444
5 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

Only if you’re capable of finding and applying the right facts.

Analysing the wrong facts time and time again is pointless.

You must be really really really thick.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA445
HOLA446
4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Ahh, the troll way, when someone shows you are talking p**s try and gas light them

I dont think I am wrong, I know I am right.

I didn't conclude you are a troll because you disagree with me, I concluded you were a troll when you tried to rubbish me by making things up and using comical rightmove "facts" to make a point. I was point out some other moron was a troll when you decided to join in.

now, **** off.

Overly defensive and aggressive. Again.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Just now, Nick Cash said:

Overly defensive and aggressive. Again.

gas lighting again after being aggressive, rubbishing facts and plain lying, again.

Troll On.

I really need to go, it's been fun watching you embarass yourself.

Go buy a house and be done.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
8 hours ago, Timm said:

Your friend is wrong.

Legally, you can have two lodgers in a single dwelling.

If you have three, then you have a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO).

Just saying what they told me.......right or wrong. All are on the electoral register.;)

HOLA4411

Purely for my own benefit I decided to look at a few random areas and repeat the Rightmove search I did for Daventry.

In the Welsh area I chose only 25% of 3/4 bedroom houses were SSTC.

In a variety of English areas. The SSTC percentage ranged from roughly 60% to 40%.

Principality Building Society reported earlier this week about the 6.5% fall in Welsh house prices. (Up to 15% falls in some areas). 

Is percentage of available properties (by type) a reasonable proxy for future house price movements? I think so. Others clearly don’t. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
15 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Bin men used to buy houses like that to house their families.

No.  I don't think a typical bin man ever lived in a 4 bed detached house.

13 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Indeed, which is why I countered your OPINION that houses in Wellinborough are unaffordable with FACTS that show they aren't.

The fact remains, house prices are untenable at these asking prices/interest rates.

Yes - but what we've seen over recent years is house prices drifting downwards whilst wages shoot upwards.  I suspect the two meet in the middle.  Like you I suspected there would be a crash, but there hasn't been - I didn't see the wage growth coming, but it has.

Anyway, good luck, it's great to have been right all these years.

But you are still only speculating about what MIGHT happen not what has?

I need to leave again now. 

You should.  I don't think posting here is healthy for you based upon this thread.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

No.  I don't think a typical bin man ever lived in a 4 bed detached house.

Indeed, which is why I countered your OPINION that houses in Wellinborough are unaffordable with FACTS that show they aren't.

Yes - but what we've seen over recent years is house prices drifting downwards whilst wages shoot upwards.  I suspect the two meet in the middle.  Like you I suspected there would be a crash, but there hasn't been - I didn't see the wage growth coming, but it has.

But you are still only speculating about what MIGHT happen not what has?

You should.  I don't think posting here is healthy for you based upon this thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

man posting on house price crash forum says houses are affordable, with UK House prices near all time peak prices.

I think you should give it up too.

HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

man posting on house price crash forum says houses are affordable, with UK House prices near all time peak prices.

You’ve spent the best part of two decades on here laughing about how right you are, how prices are crashing, how everyone but you is stupid. You have categorically been wrong, yet you persist with the insults and shouting for whatever reason whilst at the same time accusing others of spoiling the forum. When called out on this you even start coming up with fantasies about your account being handed over to the other count of nowhere who then went to France and you’re the new owner etc etc. Weren’t you making £100,000 a month on Royal Mail shares not long ago or was that the other person who posts under this account. 

Agree with @scottbeard, I think you should just stay retired from this site. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
16 minutes ago, Quid Game said:

You’ve spent the best part of two decades on here laughing about how right you are, how prices are crashing, how everyone but you is stupid. You have categorically been wrong, yet you persist with the insults and shouting for whatever reason whilst at the same time accusing others of spoiling the forum. When called out on this you even start coming up with fantasies about your account being handed over to the other count of nowhere who then went to France and you’re the new owner etc etc. Weren’t you making £100,000 a month on Royal Mail shares not long ago or was that the other person who posts under this account. 

Agree with @scottbeard, I think you should just stay retired from this site. 

Thanks for the advice Quid Game, I think I might just stay around and watch your pain.

I dont think I ever made £100,000 a month on royal mail shares, you're making shit up and I've certainly not been posting on here for 20 years, either version of TCON. Best deal I got was 10's of 1000s in a year on Shell oil.

Either way...we were wrong for about 2 years :lol: 

Do you know, i think I'm quite enjoying being back.  The trolls are sh*ting themselves.

HOLA4420
32 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Man says average house price in Wellingborough is affordable by average inhabitants of Wellingborough - BACKED UP WITH FIGURES.

No comment made about London, or anywhere else in the UK.

Your response:

33 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You have no data, no logic, no argument - just emojis.  If you disagree, show the data as to why.

HOLA4421
17 minutes ago, nero120 said:

Err, has any forum thread on the internet ever not ended up as a sh1t show?

Trolls derail threads.

It stops passer buys from actually seeing a sensible discussion and thinking about what's being said.  It's an old tactic.

The OP's post on the day the bubble finally collapsed is not a bad call

but in reality, the bubbles been collapsing since August 2022.

We at the house price mania twitter feed have that data and it's as clear as day.

We are in a full on house price crash.  Even if they drop rates it wont make much difference, the harm is done.

HOLA4422
10 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Man says average house price in Wellingborough is affordable by average inhabitants of Wellingborough - BACKED UP WITH FIGURES.

No comment made about London, or anywhere else in the UK.

Your response:

You have no data, no logic, no argument - just emojis.  If you disagree, show the data as to why.

Can you back it up with figures then ? 

All you gave was opinion.

Here's the historic house price chart from Schroders, this was even worse by 2022

UK house prices are at all time affordable levels and a 10% pay rise to some people in the country is not going to make any dent on that.

Given prices have remained remarkably resilient ( due to 2 year fixed rate mortgages ) so far plus increased interest rates and cost of living crisis means that affordability will effectively be around 10x 

Now, you can tell me all day you think houses in Wellingborough are affordable but I have to say, you are embarrassing yourself.

@Orb me old mucker, what say you ?

Wellingborough, affordable or not ?

UK property affordability – in charts

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4423
On 24/04/2024 at 13:23, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Your post above shows average income in Wellingborough of about £1,973 a month, or maybe a bit less.  Let's say £1,800.

23 hours ago, scottbeard said:

No it isn't.  The average property price in Wellingborough according to Rightmove is about £240,000.  This house is £340,000 i.e. 40% more.

A £240k house would be a mortgage payment of more like £1,340 which two people each taking home £1,800 (£3,600) could afford on about a third their pay.

Hence my comment above.

My post quotes two people on that average wage would therefore have income each month of £3,600.

Rightmove says https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/wellingborough.html average property price there is about £239,000.

Assume they have a typical FTB deposit of 10% and borrow the other £215,000.  A mortgage of £215,000 over 25 years at 5% interest is £1,250 a month or 35% ish of their take home pay.

Please explain why that is unaffordable, and a sign of the greatest HPC of all time about to happen?

HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Now, you can tell me all day you think houses in Wellingborough are affordable but I have to say, you are embarrassing yourself.

Unfortunately, to most people, a 40 year mortgage that costs less than equivalent rent does make them more affordable. Cheap? No. Affordable? Yes.

HOLA4425

Trolls derailing threads!! LoL

@Fellow, why this moment in particular? Much like coming off fixed term, peak was mid 2023 so if nominal prices didn't turn then, why now?

Count did you buy in 2023 in the end? given prices have fallen 30% since then you must be gutted?

image.thumb.png.c419dfe572cfbcbe65a1e7e5b4d986f8.png